• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Square Enix Mafia

wiretapper is a relatively common role compared to number's convoluted theory, which has the hosts come up with weirdly specific hints about how/what the mafia are presumably saying in their chat. A common implementation of wiretapper has the host give the wiretapper censored snippets of the mafia chat each night, which could be seen as similar to what numbers is saying.

I don't think this post is a good look on you. What I posited is hardly convoluted as that's literally what hosts used to do back in ye olde death post days of early Mafia and the role itself has been used a handful of times in NGA. Saying wiretapper means that all the information Mikey has thrown out is just Mikey throwing out things that he went and dug up in the thread based on people he suspected to be in the Mafia chat and that angles at discrediting Mikey further down the road.

I find it interesting further that your N2 verification is Neon, whom Mikey is almost smoking gun implicating right now.

Also because I'm game solving for everybody at the moment.

So just something really stupid I thought of. I've never played with a Miller so if this is dumb I'm sorry

If a roleblocker blocks a miller do they scan as town lol

Neon has obviously been the roleblocker since day 1. All the pieces are coming together.

@Mikey, I asked about order because I was skimming your posts and you didn't really seem to have much in the way of town reads day 1 but Ex and Neon seemed close to almost reads which would be pretty damning since Ex is dead now.

Y'all posted too much while I was typing. My big reveal is ruined. *cries in a corner*

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
definitely neon/numbers

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
don't think this post is a good look on you. What I posited is hardly convoluted as that's literally what hosts used to do back in ye olde death post days of early Mafia and the role itself has been used a handful of times in NGA

I don't recall a role like this ever having been used on NGA. (one that gives clues about who the mafia is). I'm also not sure the MPFG tradition of having the victim write a death post that provides hints pointing towards three players is remotely the same thing as the host providing clues about the mafia in the vein of "They made the typo "I'm" instead of "in"". I've also not heard of any place other than MPFG using that hint system as a mechanic, although i've only been playing mafia for 12 years now, and if that was ever a trend it would have predated that.

Ragnarokio

a bus driver is possible and a mass claim will help us sort things out if there is one

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Mikey said it was possible that the third clue (that the person was townread by himself and player x) might not point to the same person as the other two clues. This implies that the other two clues do point to the same person.

Mikey had a moment of revelation in thread (as indicated by him making a post with a lot of exclamation marks shortly after neon made the typo, and then saying that minish was clear and the person he was looking for was neon). This would indicate that he was suspecting both you and neon because your writing styles matched someone in the scum chat, and then as soon as neon made the typo he recognized that the same typo was made in the scumchat and so was able to narrow it down to just neon.

But an I'm/in typo is fairly easy to make on mobile, so I don't see that being super indicative of who it was. I play on mobile as well and occasionally will have typos like that slip by me. Especially if I change the wording of my sentence part way through.

Though that could just be the explanation and Mikey's line of reasoning.

REMAINING PLAYERS
1: Morbid Minish -Blocked N1, N3
2: Libk - Unknown
3: Ragnarokio - "Positive Utility Role" - Targeted Ex N1, Neon N2, Both players confirmed.
6: Neon - Unknown
7: Killjoy262 - Unknown
8: RavenRaziel98 - Unkillable self-aligned item collector
9: 15377 - Unknown
11: Mikey the Moblin - Miller, Wiretap

Players i'm townreading are in green. I would be surprised if mikey were capable or inclined to commit to the level of roleplaying he has as scum. Killjoy accidently including the NK in his reads is probably a towntell. Minish being roleblocked N1 and 3 but not 2 indicates a mafia roleblocker which indicates minish is town. Its possible she's lying but lies of that variety are rare ime, and risky given trackers can exist.

Someone stole something from me on N2, and that person should be town. Given nobody else has claimed having someone taken from them, this seems likely to be minish. If she claims then that will confirm her.

In any case, After neon the best candidate for scum seems like numbers to me, but could easily be libk as well.

I did not steal anything from you. I targeted Ex n2, after my target on him n1 failed.

I have a decent idea of KillJoy's role and if it's that then he's just town.

Would you be willing to claim your n3 target?

Ragnarokio

Mass claims ruin mafia

i'd argue setups breakable by mass claims are what ruin mafia, but if people think it will ruin the fun i'm fine not doing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom