• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Square Enix Mafia

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
because it's what it came off as lmfao
telling me to vote somewhere I don't want to as a lame attempt of surviving is detrimental for town even from my pov

If you know you're town it's not really. Because you have no clue if the others are. So from your pov if you're town, it's a random chance to hit scum vs a sure shot to hit town if you're lynched. Especially if you're not explicitly town reading any of them. Not to mention just voting anyone would take a vote off of Cynical. And you had already said you were certain one of me or him are scum. So you obviously have reads other than just him.

If me and Cynical were scum together I wouldn't try to move votes off of him like that. Because 1) it would go against me trying to bus him and 2) I could just vote you without him needing to. It doesn't make sense from my perspective.

ExLight

why
Staff member
If you know you're town it's not really. Because you have no clue if the others are. So from your pov if you're town, it's a random chance to hit scum vs a sure shot to hit town if you're lynched. Especially if you're not explicitly town reading any of them. Not to mention just voting anyone would take a vote off of Cynical. And you had already said you were certain one of me or him are scum. So you obviously have reads other than just him.
It also causes a poorly reasoned lynch that might hurt town a lot more because the last second person won't have enough time to defend themselves (or even something to defend themselves from).
And you're ignoring the long term consequences. If I get a random person lynched to defend myself that will have repercussion during the night: an investigative role might waste their time on me, I might be forced to claim, the following Day's discussion might still be overly focused and wasting their time on me. Sometimes it's better to just bite the bullet, or, guess what, lynch who we do have arguments against, which in my case is Squid.

a'lana

cotton candy
I dunno, I just don't read that progression as scummy. He could have "randomly" chose who to vote before the game by choosing who he thought would be a good first vote. Although not truly random I feel like the word is used loosely a lot in situations like this. If he thought Ex would be a good first vote because of his reactions to vote then that also aligns. And when someone asked why the vote on Ex, if he thinks voting Ex might get a reaction then he won't just say it's for reaction. Therefore the meme thing comes into play, because it's not untrue.

To me, even if Cynical is scum, he doesn't think about these explanations too hard and gives what he thinks to be true in the moment. The only thing that would be untrue if he's scum is voting Ex for reaction, because he wouldn't need reactions to read people. Though that doesn't negate deciding to vote him pregame before he knows his alignment.

I feel like his lackadaisical reactions to Ex's vote on him and their interactions over both looks more scummy.

Was about to ask if I had missed you voting Cynical but you did while I was typing. Lol.

I think this list looks good. Feels well reasoned, and it gives a read on Numbers that I had also been considering that no one had mentioned yet.
I had a similar thought. I disagree that his vote was truly random but i think this is a difference in definition rather than scummy

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
It also causes a poorly reasoned lynch that might hurt town a lot more because the last second person won't have enough time to defend themselves (or even something to defend themselves from).
And you're ignoring the long term consequences. If I get a random person lynched to defend myself that will have repercussion during the night: an investigative role might waste their time on me, I might be forced to claim, the following Day's discussion might still be overly focused and wasting their time on me. Sometimes it's better to just bite the bullet, or, guess what, lynch who we do have arguments against, which in my case is Squid.

I didn't say you had to do it last second. You could have done it at that moment, to prevent last second cfds. A check on you in that instance wouldn't even be a waste. It would be a confirmation of your alignment, so that you could be less of a focus d2. When I'm town I never just "bite the bullet" because I'm the only person I can trust 100% and any other person can be scum regardless of if I'm town reading them or not.

literally you?
CWAC and Fluff is scumtell

Nah, because part of my scum read on Cynical is that his activity suggests that he is scum. You're arguing against him being "active" so therefore you're defending him against part of my scum read on him.

I didn't say 15 were the same alignment ad me, I said...

Fair. Though it didn't read like that at the time.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
aimoto-rinku-d4dj-first-mix.gif

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Also, if I'm scumbuds with Cynical it doesn't even make sense for me to try to move votes off of him and hope for an Ex lynch. Because I've stated that I think one or both are scum. And in this scenario Ex would be town. And if he flips town, then it means that I think Cynical is scum.

ExLight

why
Staff member
Nah, because part of my scum read on Cynical is that his activity suggests that he is scum. You're arguing against him being "active" so therefore you're defending him against part of my scum read on him.
you're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point
if you think active is just number of posts why do you think I'm saying he's not active? He's clearly "active" as in an amount of posts, but it's mainly scummy content aka nothing of substance

We're not saying opposites here. I'm not defending him, I'm voting him and advocating for his lynch

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
you're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point
if you think active is just number of posts why do you think I'm saying he's not active? He's clearly "active" as in an amount of posts, but it's mainly scummy content aka nothing of substance

We're not saying opposites here. I'm not defending him, I'm voting him and advocating for his lynch

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm pointing out hypocrisy. I don't think you're actually trying to defend him. But you're providing "defenses" for him before he can like you accused me of doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom