• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Square Enix Mafia

@Morbid Minish If only one of those two is scum I'd put it on the squid. Their stuff about Mikey just seems ultra fence sitty to me. Like the post I quoted where they try to assert there is nothing to gain by lynching Mikey but try to silver line it in the very next sentence.

Ex just feels like Ex so far so yeah.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
@Morbid Minish If only one of those two is scum I'd put it on the squid. Their stuff about Mikey just seems ultra fence sitty to me. Like the post I quoted where they try to assert there is nothing to gain by lynching Mikey but try to silver line it in the very next sentence.

Ex just feels like Ex so far so yeah.
How so? If y’all want to lynch Mikey go ahead. I personally feel like there’s no reason to and I don’t understand why Mikey is so adamant about us lynching him. I just feel like there’s a better option than just mislynching a town aligned player that has a role that doesn’t exactly help us. But for some reason he personally feels like that’s the best option. Others agreed that we shouldn’t lynch him. Why does mine seem like fence sitting?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I personally feel like lynching mikey won’t help us much at the moment. All it will really do is avoid a day 1 mislynch
This wasn’t really intended to be a silver lining btw. It was more just seeing things in Mikey’s perspective (assuming he’s telling the truth). I still disagree with him tho. I don’t really see any logical reason to lynch him

I don't... what makes it anti town to ask if playing is even worth it/beg for death if you think your role is going to lead that way anyways?

I can't speak for Mikey I don't know their heads pace but I know mine and if I'm a town who feels like me being alive later in the game is a detriment to town I'm always asking to die before that point.

Optimality. It is probably best town-practice to immediately claim miller if you are miller, but it is very rarely best town-practice to ask for death as a miller, and pretty much any situation that could happen where a miller claim should ask for death are late-game after we've been able to PoE.

Think about if town!Mikey is telling the truth. They immediately out that there is a cop, and then waste a miselim... we wake up D2 significantly worse than if Mikey didn't out.

Now, if scum!Mikey claimed miller, they'd have every reason to try to really try to sell it. Asking to die is performative. Now, to be fair, the idea of scum claiming miller is probably bad play, BUT if they already claimed, asking for death afterwards is probably the best they can do.

So, considering that Mikey did claim miller, their play since then has been more in-lign with how I'd expect scum to play the situation rather than town....

But on tone, they seem meh.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
This wasn’t really intended to be a silver lining btw. It was more just seeing things in Mikey’s perspective (assuming he’s telling the truth). I still disagree with him tho. I don’t really see any logical reason to lynch him
there's a few reasons that makes lynching [a claimed miller] the correct objective play

first is policy, it prevents wolves from fake claiming miller by setting a policy of lynching miller claims
second, it eliminates a possibility of an incorrect red result from the cop
third, it prevents town from paranoia lynching the miller claim in mylo

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Remove the miller claim. Do you see Mikey the same?

If they beg for death without the attachment to a negative utility role? No they'd probably sit pretty high in the null and I'd be slightly annoyed that they were begging for death d1 in a game they signed up for :p

But without the claim this is an entirely different situation. The claim and the behavior together are towny to me.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
there's a few reasons that makes lynching [a claimed miller] the correct objective play

first is policy, it prevents wolves from fake claiming miller by setting a policy of lynching miller claims

Yeah this is exactly the line of thinking I expected...I just will forever stand against limming any town on policy.

sad-anime.gif

<one day I'll play a game where town straight wipes all wolves and that will be a joyous day>

The second point is not valid since you claimed miller. Cops should NEVER investigate a miller claim. I am confident you'll come back red unless you're doing something extremely dubious.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Yeah this is exactly the line of thinking I expected...I just will forever stand against limming any town on policy.

sad-anime.gif

<one day I'll play a game where town straight wipes all wolves and that will be a joyous day>
my first ever game of TWG I rolled wolf
Night 1 we killed a townie
Day 1 someone from another wolf team got lynched
Night 2 the three last wolves died and town won

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom