• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Snes Vs Nes Vs N64

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Now on a certain site,called vizzedboard,A Controversial topic on thier fourms is,That NES Is better than N64 and SNES Is better than NES(this is Concerning the 5 Zelda games involved)Now i think SNES is the best,which is my opinion,im just wondering in erms of Zelda,which is best????????

P.S A freiend of mine on vizzedboard has leukemia a VERY Bad type of Cancer and she only has a 5% chance of staying alive,please support ~sakura~ for me and all of the vizzedboard staff

i really like the SNES, personally i think that it was the best out of the two in graphics. Nes was the first and didn't have the best graphics, then there's N64 with its un-perfected 3-D graphics. SNES had really clear 16-bit graphics that i really loved and was really fun to play, esspesially super mario bros. 4. now dont get me wrong, i love the NES and N64 there awesome both of them were stepping into new territory with new ideas and inovative features, the thiong that made it one of the better consoles in my mind is that its the perfected version of the NES, just like gamecube is the perfected version of N64. Summary, there all awesome but in my opinion SNES stands out on top.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
There are tons of good games on the SNES, but the Zelda games are better on the N64. The NES is great in it's own way, as it created some of the first video games ever. But my favorite would be the SNES.

Austin

Austin
Just to be clear, the OP is asking which is the best in terms of Zelda, hence why it's in this section. Try to bring the thread back on-topic by actually addressing Zelda games within your posts. As for myself, I'd say that the N64 wins. The combination of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is better than A Link to the Past and the combination of Hyrule Fantasy and Adventure of Link, in my opinion.

Kybyrian

I'll have to go with Nintendo 64 for sure. Ocarina of Time was my favorite Zelda game, and Majora's Mask also hits high on the list. The games on the other systems were very good, but I believe that the Nintendo 64 games were better.

Ocarina of Time was an absolutely amazing game... and I just can't get over it. I know, I know. Ocarina of Time fanboy. For some reason I just really loved the game. A lot of it was due to the fact that it was my first, but I also believe there are a lot of other factors that contribute to it. The game was just very enjoyable, no matter what I did in it or however many times that I played it. I always have fun playing that game, and I just love it more than all of the others.

Majora's Mask was also a very good game. Like I said, it is one the highest ranked on my list. Alongside Ocarina of Time, it's one of the greatest Zelda games ever. We've had many polls on here on the favorite Zelda game, Majora's Mask vs. Ocarina of Time, and whatever else. Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time just seem to be the better of the Zelda games. The three days idea was fantastic, and made the "moon falling into Termina" theme pop out at you even more. It also added a new level of challenge with that time limit. The masks were wonderful, sidequests fantastic, story appealing, and dungeons very enjoyable. Overall, it was a very good game.

These two games are preferred by many over the other Zelda games, and make me show my opinion that the Nintendo 64 generation of Zelda was most certainly the better of the classics.

A

Algalord

I was playing NES at three and still think gaming's heyday was the early N64 era. I remember feeling so optimistic and excited about what was to come when I played Mario 64 for the first time; and how disillusioned I was by everything since then. The only games that were really fun for me after the first two or three years of the N64 age were the Paper Mario titles.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
For me the N64 comes first by a landslide. After all, it houses 2 of my favourite Zelda games.
Second would be the Nes, because of AoL and the fact that LoZ is growing on me slightly.
Lastly would be the Snes, and, well, I'm sure most people on here know that. :P

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Well, I never had an NES, but my SNES was broken before I even remember PLAYING it, so N64 (which I still have) is my first and therefore my favourite video game console. I was like 4 when I was playing Super Mario 64 xD and I'm still a gamer today, although I dont like the mario franchise as much...

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Well, The NES actually has my two least favorite Zelda games so I wouldn't pick that one. They were too simple but also too difficult. I'm probably a little biased since I didn't grow up in that era so I'm not exactly used to the NES and its simplicity. The SNES had ALttP, which I love but I would DEFINITELY say the N64 was the best (both Zelda-wise and overall system).

The N64 was revolutionary and brought Zelda to life with OoT and MM. MM alone would justify me picking it. The N64 games had things that past games just couldn't have because of limitations of graphics and memory/cartridge space. Seeing ALttP's Link raise the master sword out of its plaque is just very underwhelming after seeing OoT Link do the same. The N64 Zeldas had so much more depth, character development and sidequests that the original 3 didn't/couldn't have. I understand that the NES and SNES Zeldas came from a time when technology wasn't as advanced, but if I'm judging the overall quality and enjoyment of the games, and disregarding the time of the releases, MM and OoT take the cake (Not that I didn't appreciate earlier games).

here's how i place them
1. N64
2. NES
3.SNES

the N64 had Oot (my favorite) and MM (eh, it's okay) the NES had Loz (my 3rd favorite) and AOL (again, just okay) but the SNES only had Alttp, which i wasn't a huge fan of =/

AaronX

One who sits
SNES was cool but N64 pwns, no crap.

You know, people keep saying they're biased because it's the system they grew up with, but the "vets" grew up with the other ones, so they're "biased" as well. Point being: Nobody is biased, we all have our own opinions.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
This is a really weird thread. I don't know how one relates 2d to 3d. And even with that, how does one relate NES and SNES? SNES looks a ton better, obviously. I guess it's just preference? Anyway, SNES is probably the most perfected of the three. N64 is 3d, but not very well perfected 3d, whereas SNES is 2d, but a very pristine 2d, so SNES gets the nod for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom