• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess? Or Skyward Sword?

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twilight Princess.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay guys let's keep this back on topic for now. We all have games we love and don't necessarily claim as better than other games. There are several reasons why we love a game. It is not wrong to ask why but fact is we do and this is not the question in this topic. The poster wants to know which game we prefer (TP vs SS) and why. So I would say shoot your thoughts ;)

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
They're both excellent games to me; I can't decide between the two.

I look at various aspects of any game instead of considering one to be over another by default. Nevertheless, I do make exceptions depending on how gross the "negatives" are, negatives like the sailing in Wind Waker, which hampered my enjoyment. This is not the case with Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. They both contained enormous facets, such as character development and poignant moments, and these outweighed certain repetitious occurrences. Although I consider those to be more notable in Skyward Sword. All the Imprisoned battles and Silent Realm incursions were trifles in the face of the overall adventure. I utterly enjoyed sporting the Wiimote as if it was my blade. Motion controls are something I'd like to see more of because it ended up working well; even so, I want to return to button-mashing one day.

Twilight Princess is tremendous as well, but I feel it's egregiously under-appreciated. It matches up to Skyward Sword's level almost perfectly. To me, both titles are no more than coequals. Fi's over-enlightenment and Midna's pushiness might've chagrined me at first, but delving beyond the surface of the game takes you to a beauty buried deep within. It's something that touches you as you move on through the game, working to solve a character's problem or warding off a band of enemies intending harm. This...magical feeling has affected me the most in these games, and Majora's Mask. Due to the tempo of this series' formula, especially in the aforementioned installments, I relate to the struggles Nintendo incorporated into them, as any human would in real life.

Twilight princess is easily my favourite and it's maybe even better than oot. Maybe. It was just so epic and fun. From absolutely stunning horseback fights to sneaking around in castletown as a wolf it was just so fantastic and revolutionary at the time. I had never seen 360 or ps3 at the time so tp had the best graphics I had ever seen.

I don't really think that skyward sword beats tp in any way. Maybe in facial animation and character expressions. But I really don't think skyward sword comes close to twilight princess or ocarina of time.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
It's pretty hard. Both games are amazing. I would say just barely as Twilight Princess. I think maybe it was because of the storyline. Twilight Princess had a really dark plot, which was one of the main reasons for why I got it. Another thing is that you can learn different techniques in Twilight Princess, but not really in Skyward Sword (Mortal Draw, Helmsplitter, Backslice, etc.)

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Even though neither one of them were my top games, I would have to go with Skyward Sword just because of it's graphics and story.

cozylamps

H2Awesome
I don't say I like them better than the other. I like Twilight Princess for its atmosphere, and i like Skyward Sword for its art direction and story.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
If I were to compare those two games specifically, I would choose Skyward Sword. I still love Twilight Princess though!

N

Nubby

I am sorry but I would have to say Twilight Princess was the better title. For one reason. I hate the controls. With Twilight Princess, I bought the gamecube version because of these controls. I wish there was an option to use an old gamecube controller instead of the Wii-mote on Skyward Sword. In gameplay I found myself constantly centering and redoing strokes with the sword. I just hope there wasn't any difference in the two games. Can you guy's let me know. Peace to all you other Zelda lovers. LEDEND OF ZELDA FOREVER!!!!!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I am sorry but I would have to say Twilight Princess was the better title. For one reason. I hate the controls. With Twilight Princess, I bought the gamecube version because of these controls. I wish there was an option to use an old gamecube controller instead of the Wii-mote on Skyward Sword. In gameplay I found myself constantly centering and redoing strokes with the sword. I just hope there wasn't any difference in the two games. Can you guy's let me know. Peace to all you other Zelda lovers. LEDEND OF ZELDA FOREVER!!!!!!!

You mean between the GC and Wii version of TP? The only difference is Link is Right-handed in the wii and left-handed in the GC version and everything was mirrored. So you played the GC version and when you will play the wii version expect all locations to be mirrored. And the use of some items is a bit more easier. When you use the bow and arrows and you aim on your screen you will see a guide you can aim on your target.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

I'm sorry, but that's not a legitimate reason to say TP is better. This is a legit reason to say that you like TP better than SS, but saying TP is better because you didn't like SS's motion controls is... kinda selfish.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
in all due respect, Twilight Princess was a great game and it made a great launch title for the Wii, but what it lacked was pulling the player into the game and make him interested in the enviornment that they were in. First few minutes playing the game, I wasn't all too interested, it wasn't until I turned into a wolf that the game started to get interesting. Aside from Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword did an excellent job of making the player interested in the game and want to keep playing. I think that's why Skyward Sword is better than all the other Zelda games in my opinion.

Skyward Sword > Twilight Princess
- Controls are Better
- Plot is better
- Characters are better
- Dialouge is better
- Music is better
- Battles are better

it's better.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Though I like the massive number of inventory items in Twilight Princess, I did enjoy Skyward Sword so much more. The 1:1 sword fighting was a deal-maker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom