• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda have Voice Actors?

D

dark-link

its too much of a risk to f*** up the awsome characters so i say no

yes!!! I would love it if i didn't have to read all of the text!! it could be like kingdom hearts where some text is read and some is spoken. i have always thought that it would be a great idea to have voice actors in LoZ games.

The hard part would be putting voices to characters. by now, every fan has made up voices for each character. I know that i have assigned certain sounding voices to each character when i read their dialogue in my head.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Here's an idea for thought, what if they pulled a Tolkien on use and made Hylian a real language that is spoken and seen in subtitled. The characters would speak a defined language created by Nintendo while subtitles (that automatically move) are shown on screen telling us what they say.

It would also give cosplayers something to be even nerdier about a conventions.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally i would love to see voice acting for all characters including link but instead of using it for everything i would rather have it in cutscenes like the cutscene in twilight princess just after rescuing colin (who is my favorite character in the entire series second only to saria) and the cutscene in oot in which you meet up with shiek who teaches you the nocturne of shadow:):):):):):):):):):)

Zarom

The King
Voices in Zelda? No. NEVER. I am COMPLETELY against it. It would just screwed up the series and I'm sure I wouldn't like it. The Zelda are perfect videogames and I wouldn't change things about it. It would simply not be a zelda anymore. I love it the way it is. Zelda Forever!!! :):):) :zelda::zelda::zelda: :ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf:

Last edited:

hsb39

Why so logical?
I completely support making Hylian a language, and then also for timeline makers, there would be different versions of Hylian, as the series spans over more than 200 years having a different language is understandable.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I don't know. I'm kinda in between about this one because all of us have been used to reading the text while we're playing the games. But, it would be nice to see some change. As a gamer, I really would like to pay attention to the characters and the art first before having to read the text box. The only problem though about this is choosing the right people to voice these characters.

(Btw I found the guy who voices Link.....):)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgD2_9Jufcg

The problem with having voice acting in a series like Zelda is that the characters are so beloved that if they do have voices, will the voices match up with the characters?

I'm sure that we all have our own way of thinking what Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf sound like.
But to give them voices is a big deal.
If you get bad voice actors, then the characters image could be damage.

I think that the Zelda characters have more personality, because they don't talk.
I think that giving them voices, would take away from there personalities.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
If you want voice acting in Zelda watch the 80's Zelda cartoon.. Once you've had enough of Link saying, "Well excussssssssseeee me Princess." Tell me then that you want it lol. It will ruin your perspective of Link. Everyone imagines Link with a different voice. And when they put someone for him that isn't what you imagine, it's like what? That doesn't sound right. =[

P

PimPSlaP

I really don't get what the big deal is, Link won't speak, obviously. The Zelda cast will sound better than CD-I voice actors, because Nintendo will be very careful with choosing for voice acting.

I really don't get what the big deal is, Link won't speak, obviously. The Zelda cast will sound better than CD-I voice actors, because Nintendo will be very careful with choosing for voice acting.

Really, saying a prime example of how horrible Zelda voice acting would be is the cartoon and CD-i games is flawed. Seeing as Nintendo had nothing to do with the CD-i games, and that cartoon was made about 20 years ago before the Zelda series became so popular, Nintendo would surely put much more effort into finding good voice actors. Metroid was fine with it in Prime 3, and from the looks of it, Samus is going to be saying somthing other than just a few grunts and screams in Other M. And just think how much more emotional the characters could be with voice acting. No, I'm talking about Ganondorf or Zelda exactly, but other characters than connect to Link in a specific game. Like Colin and Illia, or Anju and Kafei. These character's stories could have been greatly improved emotionally if the had voice acting, and no one would by crying about how "the characters weren't what I imagined they were" because those characters are exclusive to a certain game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom