• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda have Voice Actors?

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I've always found games where the script avoids mentioning a character's name to be a tad cheesy. If they chose to bring in voices, I'd hope name customization went away with the advent.

I'm really opposed to this idea, but I guess I'd be content if 'text only' was still an option. ;)

hsb39

Why so logical?
I've always found games where the script avoids mentioning a character's name to be a tad cheesy. If they chose to bring in voices, I'd hope name customization went away with the advent.

I'm really opposed to this idea, but I guess I'd be content if 'text only' was still an option. ;)

Forgot about the changing names... good point, there probably could be a way around it though.

N

Notorious NATE

Naw, I think the text boxes keep the originality of the series and I like that.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I think they should keep the caption boxes I have never really felt there should be voice acting, but it would be good if they kept it good and didn't mess it up and if they did than well there would be some complaining, but otherwise I think they should keep the old fashion way with reading.

(that's how I learned to read, by those caption boxes)

Z

Zulzen

I thought voice acting would be cool at a point too, and then I remembered what they did with Zelda CD i......

S

Shade

Absolutely NO voice actors. I'm sorry if some are having such difficulty reading that they can't even read simple short narratives in a game they're SUPPOSED to be enjoying... :rolleyes:

But personally I think that voice acting would be incredibly detrimental to the game. First of all... I would be very worried about WHO would be voice acting, and HOW "good" they'd be at it. Secondly... I don't think that the voice acting would EVER live up to the expectations of the majority of the fans.

See when I play the game... I already have a particular voice in mind (not really specific to any actor, at least that I know of) and I'm sure that to many other players, their choices in their heads are completely different from mine. So even if you had very good voice actors, you're going to still end up upsetting certain fans because it's a foreign voice, different from what they had in their heads, and it would change their perceptions of the characters.

To use an extreme example... would we really see Zelda as the elegant, courtly, soft spoken princess with a heart of pure gold, if she was voiced by someone with a very thick scottish brogue reminiscent of something out of the movie Braveheart? Or how about the thick accent of the Mexican cleaning lady from a couple of Family Guy episodes? (do a search, I think she shows up in a couple of episodes from volume 6 or 7) It would not be very fitting would it?

What's worse, is that, whoever did her voice acting, we as the players would never be able to replace it even for future or past games. That voice (whichever is used) would be imprinted in our heads for a long time. In Ocarina of time, to be honest, I was very disappointed with how she sounded whenever she gasped (when link got hurt) in fact, I hated it so much, I was glas she didn't talk because I was afraid to hear what she would sound as, if the full voice of the actress was used.

L

link lego64

I've found the lack of voices in the later game very distracting, also I'm lazy and don't enjoy reading pages and pages of text. But I think if they ever did add in voice acting, Link should remain mute. And maybe I've become so used to it not having voices, maybe it wouldn't seem like a Zelda game. Also what would they do when it came to saying the players choice of the main character's name?

What do others think?
YES i think very much zelda should have voice actors.
i mean the fairy and midna are fine but what about all the others?
it should be like on this forum, all members are treated equal.
so,[i hope you get it now,]i think EVERYONE in LoZ should have voice actors.:triforce:

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
LoZ with voice actors may be a good thing, depending on who does them. As long as they're not too overdone. Zelda shouldn't be too girly though. That would ruin it. Unless it was WW/PH/ST Zelda.... Then, she should have a more high pitched voice. Link, well, not sure. Ganon/Ganondorf, NEEDS to have a deep voice actor, who has one heck of an evil laugh, and his voice should show no mercy to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom