• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Legend of Zelda series ever bring back Navi?

A

almoststarskate

Should the series of Zelda ever bring back Navi to the games? Well I really don't think not. She sure is anoying. Those words of evil still haunt my dreams. ( Hey! Listen! Watch Out! ).....so should they bring Navi back to the newer games, but make her less anoying, or should they just leave her in the history of Zelda?

If they changed her personality to be more like Midna's, or least less annoying and whiny, then maybe. Like, as a side character somewhere.
But overall...No. She was in Ocarina of Time. That was bad enough.

If her personality changed to something likable, then yes. If she's going to be how she was in OoT, then hell no.

Claire

The Geekette
Ciela, to me, was Navi's replacement. Not only did Ciela have a more enjoyable personality, she was supplying information that was generally of more use than that we received from Navi. I do not hope to see Navi return back anytime soon, but rather see less sidekicks, or rather sidekicks that do not have to constantly tell you how to figure puzzles and such out, to make the games more of a challenge than what they have become.

It seems to be a mutual feeling that Navi was somewhat aggrevating. Maybe not the first time around, like when you didn't know what to do or how to do something. But the second and third time through the game, whenever you already had beat it, she still tells you things. Of course, this has to happen because its how the game was set up. But I think in the future, there needs to be less sidekick helpers, as Lenora suggested. Since Navi herself was in OoT, one would assume that in another Zelda title, unless it took place around the same time as OoT with the same Hero of Time, Navi would be either dead, or whatever happens to a fairy when they are supposed to die.

Now, what I think would be a good thing for the next Zelda to try out is a Training Mode. Maybe they could include a sidekick in the game, somewhat like Midna, who was more a part of the storyline rather than a random fairy, but not one that tells you every move to make. The Training Mode would be an option at the main menu, or the menu whenever you make or load a file. Sorta like many fighting or wrestling games have. Training would take you through a simulated dungeon that would show you basically everything you need to know as far as the basic controls of the game. This mode would be optional, and it would save a lot of senseless help you would recieve from a partner in the game, also making the challenge of the game a bit more difficult.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
this i believe is a test...those who feel navi should stay out are the good sane people, but those who feel navi should return are soul-sucking zombies that dont care about the well being of the human race. i do care about my sanity

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
NO. Navi was good at first, but most of the time she was a hinderance. I agree with dark link_01, if they have a mary sue with wings, stick it in a training level. Amen.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I guess ill be the first, and most likely only person to say this, but i thought navi was cool
*prepares for insults*
and if that makes me a "soul-sucking zombie that dosent care about the well being of the human race" then fine :\
sheesh

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I think Link should be on his last dying breath and when he dies, then Navi sacrifises his life to keep Link alive.

He should come back. She helped me a lot in OoT (except for the two final battles where I needed help the most). I don't know why everyone hates her so much. She may talk a lot, but you can just skip her words.

If they were to, say, give her personality, I would say yes. All Navi really was was basically like a robot. No personality, just a danger alert. No wonder people prefered Tatl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom