• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Should It Be Ganondorf or Demise?

Ganondorf or Demise?

• Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This doesn't change anything I've said. There's no way we'll see Demise as we did in Skyward Sword again unless there's another prequel to the entire series, so the question isn't really valid. If the question was something along the lines of, "Should Demise's hatred reincarnation plot point be expanded on in the future?", there would be an actual discussion available. As-is, there's nothing to seriously talk about.

Well it does seem to be a discussion here, as many have people have commented Etc. Nintendo can twist things the way they want in the series, who is to day that they wouldn't put the same character design back in the game? Demise's hate is essentially sealed inside the Master Sword, am sure Nintendo could think of a plot idea to actually have the full embodiment of evil to return instead of Ganondorf returning....

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I concur with the validity of this forum. There's no telling when Demise could reappear. He said his hatred would return. It's seems possible it could be reincarnated in the form of Demise.

Not to mention, Ganondorf managed to reappear multiple times after his own death before the official timeline tried to set things in order, and I still don't understand all aspects. Then there's Tingle, Beedle, and Impa The fact of the matter is that characters are always reappearing in Zelda without any real explanation, and we've been just fine with that, at least most of us.

He is pretty much always with Link (since he's sealed inside the Master Sword). If Demise's seal were to break, then he could very easily return.

Actually no he is not, at least not anymore. Although he was sealed in the Master sword, Demise's remains eventually decayed through time, meaning that his existence was eventually removed for good. The only way Demise could ever return is if Nintendo make another prequel, but I think Nintendo should leave Demise there and forget about him.

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The whole "curse" that Demise waffled on about at the end of Skyward Sword was basically him saying that there will always be evil in the world. The likelihood of Ganondorf literally being a reincarnation of Demise or any aspect of him is slim to non-existant. Demise was weak and dying and lacked the power to defeat a 16 year old boy. The chances of him being able to actually place a tremendously powerful curse on time itself is absurd. Ganondorf's only connection to Demise is that they are both evil, nothing more. Demise has no bearing on Ganondorf and his "curse" was just him saying there will always be evil in the world. If Demise is Ganondorf then why would the Goddesses freely give him part of the very power they tried to prevent him getting? Makes more sense that Demise was just trying to sound fearsome and terrible with his dying breath. Something arrogant and villainous, two words which describe the entire depth of his weak character.

Demise is also sealed into The Master Sword so for him to return he would need to be freed or break out of there. If he could just reincarnate his way out then why bother sealing him in the first place? Why not just kill him? We know he can be utterly destroyed, we actually do it during SS. Fi seals herself in The Master Sword too and describes how she is fading away. Demise likely faded away too. After all The Master Sword is imbued with the power of the Goddesses, the same power that was used to wipe him out earlier in the game. It's a much less far-fetched idea than Demise being reborn because he cursed time.

Demise is most likely a one-off bad guy (and 'bad' is the appropriate word) and I don't expect him to ever return, let alone usurp Ganon's position as 'main villain'.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The whole "curse" that Demise waffled on about at the end of Skyward Sword was basically him saying that there will always be evil in the world. The likelihood of Ganondorf literally being a reincarnation of Demise or any aspect of him is slim to non-existant. Demise was weak and dying and lacked the power to defeat a 16 year old boy. The chances of him being able to actually place a tremendously powerful curse on time itself is absurd.

It's not even a real curse. That was just dumb translation. He is by all means being reincarnated, though. He's the manifestation of hatred and appears differently in each epoch. As I've said many times already, Demise and Ganondorf are one-in-the-same.

Also, you should really look at how he was laughing when he made his "curse". It wasn't like an old man saying, "I'll get you crazy kiiiiiiids!" He legitimately knew he was going to come back.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, I think Demise is very powerful. He lived for who knows how long in his monstrous form, and he nearly beat Hylia. Then again he also created some sort of new dimension at will. Demise was so powerful it took the power of the Master Sword and the Chosen Hero to defeat him (and my totally awesome M+ skills).
He's more powerful than we know.

Also it was clear that Nintendo was alluding to Ganondorf at the end there, this has been confirmed. I don't like it, but then again I didn't like the timeline. I guess we just have to go with it.

I think Demise was just a one-shot villain, for the purpose of explaining Ganondorf's source of evil, and being the origin story's pure evil entity.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Demise is the origin of Ganondorf, he is the creator. There is nothing before him and we already know what comes after him, so there's no reason to draw it out. There's no story left to tell since his story has already been told. Demise is just a reason, only justification, not a character, and I don't see any purpose in bringing him back.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Skyward Sword might not be the very first game canonically. It's been stated that the canon is evolving. OoT itself was supposed to be an origin to Alttp, and Alttp was itself and origin to the first game. There are possibilities to explore. The war between Hylia and Demise is an excellent source for future stories. It shouldn't be too hard to fit a story in there. I actually think they will at some point. I mean it's a great story (although continuity may still be in doubt when you put it beside previous games, but that's not too big a deal). I would like to see how this war panned out, more so than the Unification War. It would be great way for Nintendo to start building a consistent timeline, seeing as now we actually have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom