• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Should It Be Ganondorf or Demise?

Ganondorf or Demise?

• Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganondorf is and will always be the main villain. Demise is just a generic retcon put into the series for the sake of being there - Nintendo couldn't find an apt villain so they went into their trashcan for some "neato" idea. I don't care for him to return; there's no hope of him even remotely coming back in some groundbreaking form. :I

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I think Demise's influence should be recognized in future Zelda games.

I don't really like the idea of seeing either of them in flesh-and-blood again and again; that's always what annoyed me about Ganondorf. We now have the reason why evil keeps popping up again and again, let's run with that. Let's see some new villains who do an even more effective job of being a villain, with his/her origins tying in very cleary to Demise's curse.

But if that's not a possibility, then I'd rather Demise himself come back sometime in the far future of the timeline than see Ganondorf yet again. Let Demise take the reigns once again.

Demise was a one time villain. He served as a preface to Ganondorf and nothing more.

Ganon(dorf), on the other hand, has a rich background story developed over several installments. Even though he's dead on every branch of the timeline, I know Ninty will resurrect him. All I can say is "more please" and I'm not even kidding.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I don't like Demise for what he is. What he can become is a completely different story, but SS has made me so terrified of what Nintendo will do to the series. I don't think going with Demise as the main villain is a bad thing, but there are ways of going about such things. Nintendo has already started off badly and it may just be better if they quit before they dig themselves in too deeply.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In all reality, they're the same being. The essence of Demise -- hatred itself -- was manifested in Ganondorf. He may not be the kind of reincarnation Link and Zelda always are, but he and Demise are effectively one-in-the-same.

So there is no real answer to this.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In all reality, they're the same being. The essence of Demise -- hatred itself -- was manifested in Ganondorf. He may not be the kind of reincarnation Link and Zelda always are, but he and Demise are effectively one-in-the-same.

So there is no real answer to this.

Well despite them being quite similar visually and in battle, they are in fact separate entities. Ganondorf is of the Gerudo Tribe so he is a sorcerer as well as his beast form being a pig. Demise is just an embodiment of evil, in my opinion a poor excuse for the explanation of Ganondorf but that isn't the point. Ganondorf is clearly the main Villain and I don't think most people consider Demise and Ganondorf to be the same. Of course the whole "Curse" idea means that supposedly Ganondorf is Demise's hate reincarnated. However Ganondorf is still his own character as is Demise, the question was basically, should the full version of Evil (Demise) take the role or should he be forgotten therfore Ganondorf taking the role.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i really would like Gannon to return, and i would like to see him in his beast form again, ala ALttP. Games like that and TP, and MM with a darker/creepy tone, not to mention the chance at a dark world to explain Gannons Beast Form. AHHH, Its all coming together.

Something else that dawned on me; if they were to bring back Demise, it would have to be way later, as in real time, like 3 or 4 games from now. Also i think the best way to do it would be later in the timeline again, after gannon has failed twice, and then again when his demons failed to Revive him in AoL. Like maybe (though weak) the entity still lived and was aware of Gannons failures and grew stronger as he got more angry at gannons incompetents. So he finally is strong enough to manifest a form and wreak havoc on hyrule! not bad huh?

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
If Demise had been introduced in a more interesting way as opposed to just springing him on us at the end of the game and expecting us to suddenly care about his dastardly influence on the future of Hyrule, then I would be more excited at the possibility of his return. As it is, I just have no emotional connection to Demise as a villain. But Ganondorf has been terrorizing us for years, and I think it is important that he continue to do so. The link has already been established, and I don't particularly care to see it reinforced in upcoming games. I just want to do battle with my favorite dastardly Gerudo prince king: :ganondorf:

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Well despite them being quite similar visually and in battle, they are in fact separate entities. Ganondorf is of the Gerudo Tribe so he is a sorcerer as well as his beast form being a pig. Demise is just an embodiment of evil, in my opinion a poor excuse for the explanation of Ganondorf but that isn't the point. Ganondorf is clearly the main Villain and I don't think most people consider Demise and Ganondorf to be the same. Of course the whole "Curse" idea means that supposedly Ganondorf is Demise's hate reincarnated. However Ganondorf is still his own character as is Demise, the question was basically, should the full version of Evil (Demise) take the role or should he be forgotten therfore Ganondorf taking the role.

They're actually not separate entities. Remember how Fi said Demise appears differently in each epoch? Ganondorf is one of those different appearances. That's why there's no real answer to the question. Ganondorf is the new Demise, so he's there throughout the series now. The "hatred" thing doesn't even need to be touched on in the future as a result. Ganondorf is the main villain, but, in all reality, so is Demise.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
They're actually not separate entities. Remember how Fi said Demise appears differently in each epoch? Ganondorf is one of those different appearances. That's why there's no real answer to the question. Ganondorf is the new Demise, so he's there throughout the series now. The "hatred" thing doesn't even need to be touched on in the future as a result. Ganondorf is the main villain, but, in all reality, so is Demise.

Well besides the general hint in Skyward Sword there is still no concrete evidence that Ganondorf is Demise reincarnate. Like many have interpreted, Demise is simply stating that the hate is born in a cycle with no end, he also says that those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero are bound to this curse.

Now does this sound familiar? This is like the rule of three in Hyrule mythology, the balance of good and evil, the balance of light and dark. Where there is evil in the world, good should come out to balance the fate of the universe. This is just simple mythology in a way and Demise is stating the balance of the universe, imo there was no curse.

Now since Demise is stated as being the single embodiment of Evil, he doesn't take on a form as such he is just hate and evil in its purest form. Evil essentially starts from hate, so in a way wouldn't that mean that all the evil in the world is born from Demise's hate? Demise is not just the explanation for Ganondorf but the explanation of the darkness that represents the balance of fate. However the character of Demise we see is hate in its purest form, Ganondorf is of a different character that we see as a harted reincarnate. Again the question would be, would you like to see hate in its purest form of Demise or Ganondorf (a reincarnation)?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Well besides the general hint in Skyward Sword there is still no concrete evidence that Ganondorf is Demise reincarnate. Like many have interpreted, Demise is simply stating that the hate is born in a cycle with no end, he also says that those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero are bound to this curse.

Now does this sound familiar? This is like the rule of three in Hyrule mythology, the balance of good and evil, the balance of light and dark. Where there is evil in the world, good should come out to balance the fate of the universe. This is just simple mythology in a way and Demise is stating the balance of the universe, imo there was no curse.

Now since Demise is stated as being the single embodiment of Evil, he doesn't take on a form as such he is just hate and evil in its purest form. Evil essentially starts from hate, so in a way wouldn't that mean that all the evil in the world is born from Demise's hate? Demise is not just the explanation for Ganondorf but the explanation of the darkness that represents the balance of fate. However the character of Demise we see is hate in its purest form, Ganondorf is of a different character that we see as a harted reincarnate. Again the question would be, would you like to see hate in its purest form of Demise or Ganondorf (a reincarnation)?

This doesn't change anything I've said. There's no way we'll see Demise as we did in Skyward Sword again unless there's another prequel to the entire series, so the question isn't really valid. If the question was something along the lines of, "Should Demise's hatred reincarnation plot point be expanded on in the future?", there would be an actual discussion available. As-is, there's nothing to seriously talk about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom