• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Should It Be Ganondorf or Demise?

Ganondorf or Demise?

• Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So I think pretty much everyone would agree as to when asked, who is the mian villain of the Zelda series? the would say Ganondorf. Which is understandable since he has appeared as the main Villain in 7 out of the 16 Zelda games, plus he is just an overall great Villain.

However in Skyward Sword we witnessed the supposed "origins" of Ganondorf, with the source of all evil, Demise. Now what I am wondering is that if Nintendo should actually continue on with Demise instead of Ganondorf....Now I did not like Demise in Skyward Sword but I think the potential is there. I mean he is the source of all evil and some would even call him the dark equivalent to the three Goddesses. Now if he is the source of all evil where does this leave Ganondorf? We have always though of him as beings the single most powerful threat to Hyrule but it may seem that he is just an incarnation of sorts.

So do you guys think Demise should just be left buried as the origin story and let Ganondorf continue to take the reigns? Or do you think Demise should become the new main villain?

I really disliked Akuma, i mean Demise, his form was just really uninspired and didnt really strike fear into me, he doesn't seem to be anything special in presence alone but Ganondorf, that mysterious man in dark armour has done quite well for himself, he has a lot more mythos than Demise could ever dream to have, it'd be pretty sucky to see Demise again for me since i don't enjoy him. Ganondorf should continue his reign, its a bit too late now to put in another main enemy for Link when the G-man is his Joker.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Ganondorf is the True villain. He is one villain; ever-reborn and ever-recognizable. He has so many cool incarnations and moves. He is the villain we all think of when we think of Zelda. Demise is just the boss of SS, with some vague possibly-mistranslated allusion thrown in. He has appeared in one game, while Ganondorf has appeared or been mentioned in almost every game. He's no that interesting, as of yet, and he certainly has had little impact. Demise should be expanded upon, but he should not try to replace 25 years of Ganondorf: King of Evil.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hm, that's a tough one... Ganondorf is definitely the main villain, since he's been in so many of the games, and has become a staple of the series. However, Demise is the original villain, the source of all evil. One could even compare him to the devil, since even the main villain is just a reincarnation of his hatred. I do think it;s possible that we'll see Demise again, I just don't see where they could put him. If Nintendo continues the Timeline with the 3 branches we already have, there's tons of room for Ganondorf to reappear. But, in order for Demise to reappear, we'd need to see the Master Sword again. After SS, they might choose to bring Demise back, but they'd have to do something to resurrect the power of the Master Sword. If you want to see Demise again, you have to look at the three individual timeline branches, which is what I will do.

Starting with the adult timeline: Since Demise is sealed within the Master Sword, then we'd need the Master Sword to have him back. In the adult timeline, the Master Sword is underwater, stuck in a stone Ganondorf. In this timeline, we haven't seen Hyrule for 2 whole games. So will we see it come back? Possibly, there is a way. What if Nintendo were to create a game that takes place after the Wind Waker, when all the flood waters have dried up. The Master Sword would still lie at Hyrule Castle. What if Demise's seal broke when the Master Sword was stuck in Ganondorf's head, and he couldn't come back because he was stuck underwater? It's quite possible for him to return in this case, but I find it highly unlikely.

Let's look at the Child timeline next: At the end of TP, Link kills Ganondorf by stabbing him with the Master Sword, which we don't see again in this timeline. But why not? We could, couldn't we? MM was in another land, but FSA returned to Hyrule, with no mention of the Master Sword. But, it was never destroyed. There is definitely a chance we will see the Master Sword again, since Ganon was reincarnated. What if he gets revived, and Link needs to set out to find the Master Sword because the Four Sword would not work this time? Imagine if he found the Master Sword, but Demise's seal breaks, releasing him? Wouldn't it be awesome if there were two villains? What if Vaati returned as well? Then we'd have 3 villains. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE??!!

Now for the Downfall Timeline: Wow, we haven't seen the Master Sword for 5 games! But that's because it was set in the pedestal to rest forever, meaning it can't be wielded again. But what if some maniacal devil was to be released from it? Would it be wieldable again? Maybe!

All in all, I think Demise was a one time thing, and that Ganondorf is going to continue being the main villain (although, we haven't seen him for 3 games, the longest we've gone without seeing him... Maybe that means something?)

Mehhh I really dislike either of them. I find them both really cliche in their motives, speaking, and appearances. I've seen tons of great villains...villains who creep the hell out of you, villains that go over-the-top in their wickedness, villains that are just confused and deranged because of some terrible past experience...neither Ganondorf nor Demise evoke any of the emotions that a good villain does. Both of them could appear in Power Rangers or some other pre-K show...Zelda, while not known to go deep into character development, deserves better than that.

So I want to see NEW villains take over in future Zelda games.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
tumblr_mfmg7jl0hf1r96x1xo1_400.png

both are equally villainous in their own ways
they are beautiful

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I thought Demise was cool, however, i really like Gannon. He is the ultimate villain, one with Honor really, yeah hes a bit nasty, but how many times has he given Link a chance as a fair fight! with that said, i think that demise could show up some time later. but like TSter said we havent seen gannon in 3 games, and im ready for the return of gannon, which i think Nintendo will do with the Wii U title, at least i hope. IDK im really excited to see what happens in the next game!

Demise is like Malladus: A one time only Villain. In all honesty we didn't really need to know the origins of Ganondorf, Zelda could of done without an origins game. I don't think we will ever see Demise again since he is dead and the remains of him have decayed within the Master Sword which makes it impossible to revive him again. Ganondorf will always be the main Villain of Zelda, Demise was just a one off, like Malladus, Bellum and Majora etc.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I think Ganondorf should remain the main villain of the series, but they should at least acknowledge Demises's existence in future games and say that his curse is the source of the evil that plagues Hyrule.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Demise is dead so he is out. It will be Ganon because Ganon is the iconic Zelda villain and is therefore granted unlimited lives. Plus, Demise felt a bit underwhelming in SS.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Demise is dead so he is out.

But think of all the times Ganondorf has been revived. It would be just as easy to revive Demise. He is pretty much always with Link (since he's sealed inside the Master Sword). If Demise's seal were to break, then he could very easily return. It just depends on where Nintendo decides to place the next game on the timeline.

Mido

Version 1
But think of all the times Ganondorf has been revived. It would be just as easy to revive Demise. He is pretty much always with Link (since he's sealed inside the Master Sword). If Demise's seal were to break, then he could very easily return. It just depends on where Nintendo decides to place the next game on the timeline.

That actually would be a really interesting concept to use in a game in the future, but Demise would probably not reveal himself to be the main villain until later then ,like in SS.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun

True, but Demise said he would pass his curse down. I thought Ganon was the one who kept the curse alive myself

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
True, but Demise said he would pass his curse down. I thought Ganon was the one who kept the curse alive myself

He is. He's a reincarnation of Demise's hatred. But that doesn't mean Demise can't return. I think it'd be cool if they were both in a game! Maybe Ganon should be the pawn for once, since he's had so many himself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom