• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scorpion Too Easy

Kybyrian

The final product will certainly be different from this. At least I hope it will be. I don't want to be able to breeze through the game like I did with PH and ST; I want a challenge, and this game had better give me one. Since this is only the demo and it is likely that things will be changed in the final game, I doubt we'll be seeing this boss this easy whenever the game is released.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Easy... really? Well of course it's easy, but I thought it looked very difficult compared to the minibosses in the recent Zelda games we've been getting. I mean, what do you expect? We might as well accept that the 'Nintendo Hard' era is long gone, videogames seem to be getting easier and easier these days.

But this scorpion is at least a little step up in the difficulty compared to the minibosses in WW and TP. Did you see how much damage it did when it hits you with its tail? Two hearts. When was the last time we fought an enemy that did two hearts of damage? And you actually swordfight him just a few feet away. I can't remember the last time we fought a miniboss or a boss that close either. When you're that close to the enemy, you're bound to get hurt more.

Steve

5/19/13
I don't think he may be one of the major bosses, considering how the developers talked about how they would have bosses without dungeons, and vice versa. This may just be some sort of "field boss" kind of like the Rocktite in Spirit Tracks, because I seriously doubt a plain looking scorpion boss is actually going to hold significance. It could even simply be a miniboss, for all we know.

it was just a demo. they already said the demo is not in the game. they just gave you a taste to show you how to kill the bosses using the wiimotion plus. that's all. oh and by the way just because something looks easy doesn't mean it is. keep that in mind.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
How do we even know he's going to be in the game. It's just a demo he might just be there for demo reasons. Or like...whoever said, he might have be made easier so people will buy the game and not think it's too hard.

I'm sure it'll be in the game. I mean, they crapped out on the trees, so why would they make this awesome looking scorpion with not plans to use it?

So, by your logic, there will be no sling shot, beetle, whip, bow and arrows, bombs, bokoblins, deku babas, stalfos, think I saw a deku scrub, and of course, Link and the Master Sword will be outta the game as well.

Personally I think that he was just there for the demo. Nintendo didn't want to make a hard boss otherwise people would lose and wouldn't want to buy the game( the non fans of course or people who haven't played zelda yet ). I think the scorpion might be in the game but probably as a miniboss, or maybe in one of those fighting challenges like in ST.

nintendo actually stated in a interveiw that the demo played at e3 was just for demo purposes. things like the beetle and the whip are in the game nintendo comfirmed this. i don't think the forest area or the paticulre area will be in or if it is it will be different. do you honestly think nintendo would show you how to kill a major boss? if it's in(if) then i think either it will be harder or a mid-boss. i still think it might be one of those looks easy but really isn't.

I'm 97% sure that scorpion will be in the game. However, I highly doubt it will be anything more then an early mini-boss. It may be less then that.

the demo was probably to show off the new controls. i dont think it would make much sense for them to put a difficult boss in when you only get so limited time to do anything else

to be fair, twilight princess had REALLY easy enemies. the darknuts only took one heart (i was able to do a no damage run with almost no practice)! in Oot/MM, the iron knuckles took three! i saw another playthrough of this boss, and when it hits you, it takes 2 full hearts away. also the bokoblins take a whole heart away with a certain attack, instead of one quarter. tp one of my favorite zeldas, but it was really easy, and judging by the damage ratio ive seen of ss, theyre bringing back the difficauly of the n64 zeldas. this is probably just an easier mini boss.

So, by your logic, there will be no sling shot, beetle, whip, bow and arrows, bombs, bokoblins, deku babas, stalfos, think I saw a deku scrub, and of course, Link and the Master Sword will be outta the game as well.

No, that is not what I was saying at all. I am saying that it is meant to show off the controls of the items. That was the main thing they were trying to show to people. Things like the areas or enemies could possibly appear or not appear in the game. It wouldn't be the first time an enemy has showed up in a demo and not been in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom