• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scorpion Too Easy

jack546

The chosen one
I was watching the video for the first boss scorpion and i couldnt help but notice it was ridiculously easy look.i know this boss may not be in the final game but is this the dificulty of the game? i hope not

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wBeiF2fra...&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wBeiF2fra...xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
He'll probably be in the game as the first boss or mini-boss I gather, but really he's just part of a tech-demo right now to show off the directional attacks that you are supposed to now use with the Wii Motion Plus. Depends on who's playing the demo as well. I've seen a video or two of people taking almost the whole demo time to defeat him.

I'll bet they'll beef him up before the game is released. Nintendo has said a couple of times that there are quite a few elements of the game they aren't done yet, so a lot of this stuff won't even be in the game. They also said that the E3 demo parts of the game won't be included either. I don't know if that means the boss is just further showing off the controls or if it's really a boss, but I don't know.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
They usually make things easy in a demo...plus, on top of being made easy, it was early on in the game...also, I did not get the impression it was a full boss, I think it was a mini boss.

jack546

The chosen one
i never thought of that you could be right but i did notice that he had the bow and arrow we dont know if this is the doengeon item and we dont even know if this is the first deongeon therefore this could be the item from the deongeon before

They usually make things easy in a demo...plus, on top of being made easy, it was early on in the game...also, I did not get the impression it was a full boss, I think it was a mini boss.

That's probably the case.

If the scorpion appears in the final release, it will certainly be as a mini-boss. Nintendo wouldn't put the players against a dungeon boss in a demo.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
That's probably the case.

If the scorpion appears in the final release, it will certainly be as a mini-boss. Nintendo wouldn't put the players against a dungeon boss in a demo.

My guess is that there is a bigger version of it, like a scorpion type thing with lots of claws that you fight as a main boss...or at least I bet the main boss is related to the scorpion min-boss...

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
Will he leave one of his claws behind which Link somehow turns into a boomerang within a timespan of 3 seconds? Because that would be good. Although the Beetle seems to act similar to the boomerang and will most likely replace it, leaving poor boomy crying in a corner. :(

i never thought of that you could be right but i did notice that he had the bow and arrow we dont know if this is the doengeon item and we dont even know if this is the first deongeon therefore this could be the item from the deongeon before
It was the demo of the game. They had multiple items. And it wasn't really a dungeon, it was just a playable area they had prepared for the demo. Aside from that, it is just a demo, and is not going to be extremely challenging. We will see in the final product.

I think he looked a bit easy, but as others have said already that area isn't in the game, and the scorpion will probably be the first boss, or maybe just a mini-boss.

And if it is a boss, this is likely only one phase of the fight. ;)

I think that was the whole fight, but it's aggression level was jacked down very low. I think I saw it use it's tail once. No matter how I look at it, it just looks like LoZ on low difficulty, which makes perfect sense. It's a demo, and they have a lot of people waiting in line to try it. If they had a tough, extended fight, few people would be able to play it within the time allowed.

It definitely looked too easy, but I'm assuming that was for demonstration purposes. Hopefully the final version will be more aggressive, and defend itself better, making it more challenging.

Diablo

King of Redeads
They probably just dumbed him down so people won't think the game is hard and not buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom