• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I don't even know how many times I have rewatched that show and i still laugh every single time.

Reactions: Doc

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Rewatched FLCL after finishing off FLCL Progressive. It was a 10. As I watch more anime and watch different films, my appreciation for the original OVA grows. Lots of fun references and a great style make the series so fun to watch, and excellent ADR and bangers from the Pillows make it a joy to just listen to sometimes. Probably one of my favorite anime of all time tbh. The writing is great too! Lots of memorable lines and interesting plots. I'd rate it probably the only 10/10 anime I've watched, and one of the few 10/10 films/shows I've seen so far. If only I could say the same for FLCL Progressive, which I'll be rewatching next week maybe.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Riverdale

Okay, so this is a show that my girlfriend has been making me watch because I've already made her watch a ton of shows. And I've got to say, after finishing season 2, I'm lowkey into it. The show is stupid as hell and hardly anything makes sense in the real world (it's a fun game to imagine the actors as actual sophomores in high school). But once you look past the ridiculousness of it all, it has it's fun moments that I think one can appreciate.

Overall, 7/10 assuming some of the corniness is intentional.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Black Mirror. Holy **** that show is so creepy and awesome at the same time! I've been bingwatching it for almost a week now. Please season 5, come anytime soon please!
I like that the eps are all like short movies. You can jump in anytime you want and don't need to watch them in particular order. But that show is so damn crazy and freaking awesome at the same time! 9/10.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Iron Fist S2 0/everything

Dull as half-dried past. Give this one a HARD pass. Don't even look at it. Literally nothing happens the whole season. Fights are lame. Plotlines are mind numbingly boring. Character motivations are inane. There is no real threat to anyone going on. No mysteries. No suspense. No dramatic conflict. Actors play like they're all half asleep. Drama is overwrought and half baked. Most of the season consists of people in a room talking to each other like a soap opera. A very dull, very boring, very insufferable daytime soap.

Dragon -something-or-other Prince maybe, idk 6or7/10ish?

From the dude what did Avatar apparently. It's alright. Avatar's style of sarcastic humor is in full force here and it's not half as cringy as it should be. Characters are fine I guess, if rather unappealing. They're not dumb obnoxious or insufferable at least so they got that going for them. The premise is basic but effective. The theme is that of the necessity of war and conflict and it's actually handled in a rather mature, sophisticated and nuanced way, but isn't allowed to really realize its full potential because of the severely limited run time (fu netflix).

The show offers tantalizing glimpses of a fantasy world but, again, isn't allowed time to fully realize itself.

The best thing that can be said of the show is that it is stupidly gorgeous and the animation is slick af. This is a handsome cartoon.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Maniac

It had potential and an interesting premise. I thought the two leads were good, but it was very obvious that the writers originally started with Emma Stone's character. She had so much more depth and there was much more time spent on her trauma than Jonah Hill's mental illness. Also, Justin Theroux acting/character seemed like it was from a different show, and his his arc really didn't have a payoff.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. It had some really good scenes and the soundtrack was nice.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Doctor Who 10/10. I ****ing love Jodie. The eps are amazing and tonight's episode is both brilliant and sad at the same time. I mean if you just think about it....thank god it didn't change history! Sunday evenings are fun again!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I saw it last week and thought it was okay. I think after not enjoying DW for so long I just don't want to dive back in, it hurt too much for too long and don't want that again.

I think i'm happy with Matt's regen being my fitting end.
Oh I understand you. I got other friends who also stopped watching and I won't blame you. I personally think Jodie is so much different than her predecessors. I love her as the Doctor and her stories are cool. But hey you hear it from me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom