• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is a thread to rate and maybe write a bit of a review about the last TV series that you watched and to tell us if you would reccomend. I am always on the lookout for new tv shows to try so I am interested to see what people are watching and what they think.

Also please dont spoil plot points without using spoiler tags.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Inside No.9 - 9/10
Of course it gets a 9 out of 10 with a title like that. This is a TV series created by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Who also did The League of Gentlemen and Psychoville which I also really enjoyed.

This would be a difficult series to review because each episode is stand alone and features a new cast apart from Pemberton and Shearsmith who appear in every one as different characters. However the quality is always consistent throughout both seasons with individual episodes ranging from 8/10 to 10/10 for me.

These are all dark comedies many of which feature horror elements. The humour is great and the ones that are meant to scare, do so adequately.

I must say this is one of the best series I have seen in a long time and would highly recommend though I am sure it is not a show for everyone.

Im currently watching Designated Survivor starring Kiefer Sutherland.

Its a ridiculous premise where the guy 12th in line for American Presidency has to become the new president because the other 11 guys including the president all got themselves blown up at the same time.

Kiefer floats the show on his own talent well but the cast as a whole are top notch. The writing is fast paced so you dont have to dwell on the dense set up.

It has Maggie Q in it too, who i love, as an FBI agent trying to figure out the terrorist conspiracy while Kiefer does political stuff.

Its compelling enough so i'd recommend giving it a go and i'm not one for political intrigue.

8/10 so far

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Survivors 7/10

I watched two seasons of this. The only two they made before the show was cancelled due to poor viewing figures. It's a series about a group of survivors in Britain after a virus kills most of the population. I did enjoy the show which featured a good range of different characters from good natured to the delightfully villainous. You dont need zombies to make a post apocalyptic world dangerous when you have people who no longer have to follow societies rules. I feel the show would have been more realistic and improved because of it had it been x rated and I would have liked more seasons to have been made since it ends on a cliff hanger.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm currently watching parks and recreation and I know I'm behind the times but I never got around to watching it. Only on season 2 but I'm really enjoying it. Not good at rating things so maybe 8/10???

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Spartacus Blood and Sand- 8/10
A re-watch rather than first time viewing but it is still good to me. Not quite as great as when I first saw it because the surprise isn't there but nonetheless I am glad I saw it again and recommend anyone that likes swearing, violence and nudity to watch this series.

Spartacus Gods of the Arena- 9/10
The prequel season to Blood and Sand. Only 6 episodes long but it gives you an insight into the history of characters in season one and in my view is an even better and more enjoyable season.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Angels in America

Angels in America is a six part mini-series based on a play of the same name by Tony Kushner. The story centres around the lives and friends of two different couples: LGBT couple Louis and his boyfriend Prior, and Mormon couple Joe and his wife Harper. Dealing with AIDS, homophobia, abuse, politics, drug addiction, religion, racism and existentialism, with just a touch of the bizarre in the form of surrealism, this adaptation was captivating.

The show itself is very theatrical in its presentation with heightened, stylised dialogue, and the characters often soliloquise their thoughts or feelings out loud to the camera, which was a little jarring at first, but the first episode does a good job of setting up the tone and the rest of the series maintained it, making it easy to adapt to this show's style.

With points lost for some occasional over the top acting and some odd directing choices for camera angles, I would definitely recommend this show and give it a solid 8/10.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Come Fly With Me- 6/10 From the makers of Little Britain. This show is not as good as LB but there are some laughs to be had and is worth a casual watch.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Dark Matter 7-8/10

I'm only a few episodes into the first season but it's been pretty good so far and it's been getting better. I was getting bad vibes from the first episode because it was basically a game of "Spot the Cliches" but there's a grand mystery that's playing out and character development that's progressing at an engaging pace.

This show is clearly trying to broadcast some Firefly vibes and while that is a lofty prospect to begin with, it still doesn't quite manage but doesn't make itself look stupid just by trying.

One thing I really appreciate is they didn't write the super smart techy teen girl as the hyper bubbly cutsey wootsie cringe snark manic pixie dream girl type.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
iZombie 8/10. I like this show. It's not like TWD but it also contains zombies but in a very different way. The show has a lot of humor and when the main character (who is a zombie) eats a brain of a victim of a murder to solve a crime, things can get hilarious. Really funny and I'm glad it's renewed for a fourth season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom