1. Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Discussion in 'Media' started by Deus, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Spirit

Spirit ZD Legend

Top Poster Of Month

Rupees:
    ◊49,129
    I probably replied to it too... I just massively forgot that series even existed at all.

2. Deus

Deus ~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~ ZD Champion

Rupees:
    ◊50,220
    I just checked it and you even did reply XD

Spirit likes this.
  3. Mido

Mido Intergalactic Fashion Pirate

Rupees:
    ◊1,822
    I just got to the last season the other day, so I'll perhaps have to post my own thoughts once I finish. It really is a wonderful show, and while I'm still debating myself on this one, I think it may very well have surpassed Cheers for me (but I'm still conflicted! :eek: ).

Cfrock likes this.
  4. Mamono101

Mamono101 生きることは痛みを知ること。 Staff Member Moderator

Rupees:
    ◊4,280
    Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

It wasn't a terrible season overall. I like the over the top gothic atmosphere of the show, but I found the magic itself to be underwhelming when it was used and it was used very scarcely throughout the show. I think the black humour came through less than they wanted it to. It sometimes felt like it wanted to be a comedy-horror, and then at other times it wanted to be a heavy drama and never managed to find a balance between the two, like Buffy, for instance. There were some very clear horror references with shots and plots that mimic films such as Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist and The Shining (just to name a few) which felt a bit overdone at this point. As for the plot itself, I also thought it had some pacing issues. Some things like the Dark Baptism of episode one and two needed to be gotten to faster, and other things like learning more about Ambrose should have probably taken a bit more time than a throwaway sentence on a first date.

I know this show was based on different source material to the show with Melissa Joan Hart, but it's really hard not to draw comparisons between the two since I grew up with it and own it on DVD. They're clearly both their own thing, but I still think I prefer the other series after watching all of the first part. Overall I didn't hate it, but I didn't really fall in love with it either: 6.5/10. I would still watch part 2 just because I think it looks like it was finally going somewhere towards the end of part 1.

5. Spirit

Spirit ZD Legend

Top Poster Of Month

Rupees:
    ◊49,129
    Hell's Kitchen USA seasons 1-6

American tv is such an assault on the sensesbit Gordon Ramsay screaming at Americans is top tier entertainment

100/10

6. Vanessa28

Vanessa28 Angel of Darkness Staff Member ZD Champion Administrator

Rupees:
    ◊14,197
    Titans (netflix) 8/10. So far i love it. It's really dark and creepy and the story seems to be build up very well. I'm just 2 eps in and already like it.

7. Spirit

Spirit ZD Legend

Top Poster Of Month

Rupees:
    ◊49,129
    "**** Batman"

-----

Doctor Who series 2- 8/10

I was never too amazed by Tennant but after season 8-11 even the trash episode of RTD's reign as showrunner are gold compared.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:46 AM
    Vanessa28 likes this.