• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Watched The Haunting of Hill House over the last week and really enjoyed it. A few sad moments and as much as I think jump scares have ruined horror, there was a jump scare that worked well and my pants nearly needed changing.

Succession S2 - miles better than the first season which was itself pretty decent. A real treat of a show.

Absolutely Fabulous - 9/10 This is the only toffee nosed, Southern born sitcom I can actually stomach, it strikes a better balance than One Foot in the Grave ever did.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Witcher - Netflix

I want to hate this show so bad. But darn it if that first episode didn't rock.

Two more episodes in however and I'm already starting to lose patience.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Witcher 8.5/10

Henry Cavill does such a perfect job at capturing the feel of Geralt from the games. And the first episode was a 10/10. It was a great introduction to the main character showing his personality and also demonstrating how Witchers are shunned and looked down upon by most of society. It was just the way the Witcher should feel and this kept up throughout the show.

On the soundtrack I will say the music was very good and still had the Slavic feel the series needed. Glad they didn't put modern music in this show as I was worried they might after one of the trailers. That would have spoiled it somewhat. It didn't top the Witcher 3's soundtrack but that would have been impossible to do without bringing back Marcin Przybyłowicz and Percival.

Casting overall was good. I liked Yen's and Ciri's actors and think they made good choices there. I want to see more of Triss before I make a proper judgement as she wasn't in this season much. I still think of her as Romilda Vane from Harry potter. I know she probably would try the same love potion trick on Geralt if she could too! Tom Dooley was such a good choice for King Foltest and whilst he didn't appear that much I hope they have more of him in season 2.

My only real negative about the show is its pacing. It can be a bit fast paced at times and would have benefitted from telling the same tales over more episodes.

Unless you already know the timeline of the events in the Witcher you might be confused by the shows frequent time jumps. When you are dealing with characters that don't physically age you might not be able to tell certain events that are being depicted happened a century before the main plotline. This should have been made more clear if they were gonna do that by bringing up the name of the place shown along with the year on screen when cutting to a different area and time.

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated 8/10, there's a lot of moments where the CGI is very noticeable, but the story more than makes up for it. When I first watched this series, I had to take a break because I almost had an anxiety attack, and that's an extremely rare for Scooby-Doo series.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Currently I'm watching the witcher. I don't know anything about it. But after watching episode 1 and halfway through ep 2 I liked it. I'm going to continue watching it and see how it goes. For now it's a 9/10 for me. See if it stays that way ;)

Reactions: Dio

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Dracula - The BBC Mini-Series

Episode 1
Loved it. It was the absolute best that could have been hoped for based on the trailers. It makes Dracula an absolute monster, and rightly so. Like, what a ****, and what a supernatural horror. Absolutely wonderful. The show has a very creepy vibe when it needs to and the set design and general look of the show is amazing and exactly what I want. There is comedy, but it's not the campy, cheesy comedy I feared. I think it works well. Dolly Wells is really good in it. She plays close to the camp line but doesn't cross it. I also ****ing adore Dracula's banister, the way it's done as stylised skulls. Very cool.

Episode 2
Loved it. I love how they play up Dracula's supernatural nature. I will say that seeing him create the fog that follows the ship makes me wonder why CGI in BBC shows is always, without exception, so bad, lmao. A lot of good characters, but there's one scene where Lord Ruthven (I get it, Moffat, very clever, I'm sure) is a bit cartoonish. The ending to the episode was great, too.

Episode 3
****. I loved it. Damn, what a good mini-series.

Episode 1
Loved it. It was the absolute best that could have been hoped for based on the trailers. It makes Dracula an absolute monster, and rightly so. Like, what a ****, and what a supernatural horror. Absolutely wonderful. The show has a very creepy vibe when it needs to and the set design and general look of the show is amazing and exactly what I want. There is comedy, but it's not the campy, cheesy comedy I feared. I think it works well. Dolly Wells is really good in it. She plays close to the camp line but doesn't cross it. I also ****ing adore Dracula's banister, the way it's done as stylised skulls. Very cool.

Episode 2
Loved it. I love how they play up Dracula's supernatural nature. I will say that seeing him create the fog that follows the ship makes me wonder why CGI in BBC shows is always, without exception, so bad, lmao. A lot of good characters, but there's one scene where Lord Ruthven (I get it, Moffat, very clever, I'm sure) is a bit cartoonish. The ending to the episode was great, too.

Episode 3

Glad it came through for you after the worries it gave you :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Glad to hear you loved it. I watched the first episode and loved it also. Dracula is so good! Will get round to watching 2 and 3 soon also.

I'll have to watch it at some point. I did hope that this would be good since I enjoyed Moffat's 'Jekyll' back in the day.

Shame it didn't have another season. It seemed like it was setting one up. Loved that show.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Steins;Gate - 9/10

Amazing, I loved it! Time traveling plots always have potential to interest me and this Anime executes time travel very well. The plot hooked me, even during the early episodes where all the events seemed kind of pointless overall, there was enough substence to keep me interested, and eventually everything comes full circle so the early episodes are not weak to the plot.

There will be a full Blog review I'll write up on this, probably!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Scrooge the miniseries 6/10.
The main theme is the same. Greedy old man with a cold heart turns good after being visited by three ghosts. However this serie has made some unnecessary changes. Some are interesting but some are downright ridiculous and belong in a western movie rather than Dickens story. The actor playing Scrooge is doing a great job. He reminds me a bit about that Simon guy in Dr Who and the snowmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom