• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Started watching Season 1 of The Prodigal Son. Excellent premise. So far I like the show.

Here is the synopsis:
The series centers on Malcolm Bright, whose father, Martin Whitly, is the infamous serial killer known as "The Surgeon". As a child, Malcolm was responsible for enabling the police to arrest his father, and has not (of his own volition) seen his father in ten years. Now a profiler, formerly with the FBI (until he was fired) and currently consulting for the New York Police Department, Malcolm is forced to confront his father after a copycat serial killer uses Dr. Whitly's methods of killing. He now finds himself drawn back into constant contact with his father as he must both use Whitly's insights to help the police solve particularly horrible crimes and battle his own inner demons.

Michael Sheen is a great actor.

Haven't heard if there would be a Season 2 or not.
Anyone knows????

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Started watching Season 1 of The Prodigal Son. Excellent premise. So far I like the show.

Here is the synopsis:
The series centers on Malcolm Bright, whose father, Martin Whitly, is the infamous serial killer known as "The Surgeon". As a child, Malcolm was responsible for enabling the police to arrest his father, and has not (of his own volition) seen his father in ten years. Now a profiler, formerly with the FBI (until he was fired) and currently consulting for the New York Police Department, Malcolm is forced to confront his father after a copycat serial killer uses Dr. Whitly's methods of killing. He now finds himself drawn back into constant contact with his father as he must both use Whitly's insights to help the police solve particularly horrible crimes and battle his own inner demons.

Michael Sheen is a great actor.

Haven't heard if there would be a Season 2 or not.
Anyone knows????
I don't know the show but it seems like an ungoing thing to air new shows and cancel it after one or two seasons. Especially on netflix.

The Big Bang Theory 8/10. I just started to watch the first season and it seems pretty funny. Worthy of bingwatching.

I don't know the show but it seems like an ungoing thing to air new shows and cancel it after one or two seasons. Especially on netflix.
The Big Bang Theory 8/10. I just started to watch the first season and it seems pretty funny. Worthy of bingwatching.

LOVE Big Bang Theory! Great casts!
Sad when they ended after 12 seasons.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The Good Place - 10/10

I'm almost entirely caught up and not one of the jokes or pieces commentary has fallen flat for me.

The Good Place Council being a bunch of ineffective spineless neolibs who cede ground to the demons constantly is the funniest bit of US political commentary that's been done in decades

Just finished watching Narcos: Mexico season 1 again, ready for season 2 on Netflix, Feb 13.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Bojack Horseman

This show has been one of my favorites of all time. I am incredibly sad to see it go as I have fallen in love with every character since episode one. I found it during one of the loneliest times of my life and has always been a comfort for me to go back to. I thought the end was beautiful and a strong send-off to the characters. Sure there were a few things I would change, but this is what we got and I am extremely happy with it.

9/10
(No show can achieve 10/10)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ares (dutch tv show on netflix) - 1/10. Unbelievable what a garbage this is. The main character can't act. The dialogues are terrible, cast is terrible, settings are too dark, too much is unexplained, too many plots without answers. I seriously hope they don't continue this show. It could've been so much more interesting if they simply would've explained so much more. The season final was also a big miss. I watched the show this week but man I could've spend my week better

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Locke & Key - Netflix

FINALLY! Netflix actually can make em like they used to.

Here's what used to work for Netflix. Take a unique and original series concept, establish a plot full of questions and then carefully dole out intriguing revelations to them piece by piece as the season progresses, throw in some engaging multifaceted characters and BOOM - addicts be binging until they're left aching for the next season.

This business model worked and Netflix was really really good at it.

But then Netflix suddenly got delusions of wanting to be Hollyweird and started rebranding themselves into a movie service pinching out dumb, low budget and often gimicky films that instantly made the Netflix movie brand synonymous with garbage.

All the while they kept squeezing out half arsed ill-conceived slop like The Witcher and The Defenders, etc.

Locke & Key is Netflix's return to form. It's got good actors, great writing and one helluva fascinating concept. For the first time in years I've spent the last 24 hours binge watching a great series to a satisfying season finale. Can't wait till next season.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
YOU 8/10 - Netflix show about a crazy stalker and serial killer who becomes obsessed with a girl who he sees in his bookstore, his obsession drives him to stalk and murder. It's entertaining to watch as he isn't some genius, he gets away with a lot of stuff due to luck and gets himself into bad situations occasionally due to incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom