• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Black Mirror season 1 - 6/10

I liked the first episode. It was compelling and intense.
The second episode only got traction near the end.
The third episode didnt click with me at all

I see what thr show is attempting to do and the message it has but it comes off as feeling tacky and overly blunt most of the time.

The Expanse - Just finished Season 1 which we have been binge re-watching 2 or 3 episodes an evening. 11/10.

Netflix Genesis Evangelion- 0/10

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, NETFLIX?!

The original NGE is one of my favourite anime of all time and it makes me cry with how powerful it is.

Netflix's version of NGE makes me cry for wholly different reasons.

This. Is. Trash.

I was happy to hear that the remastered NGE was gonna be on Netflix because the bluray edition of the series isnt available in Europe or America.

But instead of just buying the rights for the full thing they instead cheaped out.

The footage is there but nothing else is!

Original cast? Gone!
Original score? Gone!
Original script? Gone!
Original emotional resonance? ****ing dead!

Characters who had homosexual leanings are straighter than metal rods, classic lines and close to the knuckle speeches have been eradicated...

There's gonna be a whole new generation seeing Eva for the first time and not know that they're watching an empty apathetic husk of one of the most personal and emotionally rich stories in media.

**** you Netflix. You're on my hit-list now, right up there with Yoshio Sakamoto.

****wits!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Stranger Things 3. A 6/10. The first season was the best by far. Now the show is evolving into a soap opera with a bit of SciFi. Characters I liked turn into uninteresting dummies and the plot is becoming predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom