• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
The Prestige, starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Caine.
David Bowie was also there.
It's a Chris Nolan film about 2 rival magicians in late 19th century London, and their obsession with trying to beat out the other one.
It seriously feels like Nolan's yanked out my brain, steamrollered it, and laughed horribly as I sat there trying to wrap my head around it.
It was really good ( I love period films okay they're just so nice and ugH and christian bale was an incredible troll in it and the cinematography was really pretty also DAVID BOWIE JUST WOW OKAY)
9/10

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
The Prestige, starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Caine.
David Bowie was also there.
It's a Chris Nolan film about 2 rival magicians in late 19th century London, and their obsession with trying to beat out the other one.
It seriously feels like Nolan's yanked out my brain, steamrollered it, and laughed horribly as I sat there trying to wrap my head around it.
It was really good ( I love period films okay they're just so nice and ugH and christian bale was an incredible troll in it and the cinematography was really pretty also DAVID BOWIE JUST WOW OKAY)
9/10

The Prestige is one of the best movies ever made. It's easily in my top 5.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Paprika 10/10
I love this movie. <3 <3

The Prestige is one of the best movies ever made. It's easily in my top 5.
Agreed.
@madamemajora I also love the fact that Bowie was Tesla. He's come a long way since the Labyrinth. :lol:
yessssss that hairDavid-Bowie-Labyrinth.jpg

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The last movie I watched was Argo

Honestly, from the trailers I thought "This will be a mildly enjoyable film and most of my enjoyment will come purely from the historical nature of it" (the film is about a hostage rescue during the Islamic Revolution in Iran, when the US Embassy in Tehran was seized by Revolutionaries).

To my pleasant surprise the film was just really good in general and I felt that I would have really liked it even if I knew nothing of the history. The climax was also one of the most legitimately tense things I have watched in years. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat :)

8/10

Street Fighter (de Souza, 1994). Van Damme turns a US patriot into a foreigner lover and Kylie Minogue has a bum. 7/10, sheerly because it's so bloody terrible that it is in fact, wonderful

i watched amazing spiderman 22 times (not including in theaters) btw the dvd just came out friday 11/09/12 is was as the title suggests AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9.5 out of 10 waaaaaaay better than the 1 st three (i also like these though)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Technically, the last movie I watched was Wreck-It-Ralph. Just a couple of hours ago in fact. 10/10. Very well done for video game fans and anyone who enjoys Disney/Pixar films or just a good movie. But, strongly recommended for anyone with so much as a passing interest (and knowledge of) video games.

But, that was the second time I've seen it. The last new film I saw was Skyfall. No words can describe. In short. See it. No doubts. And bring a towel. It is so freaking awesome it'll blow your mind. 11/10

Wreck-It Ralph. 9.7/10 Cameos were, for the most part, in the first half, which was dissapointing, but otherwise amazing wonderful. I cried near the end. Not like a single, manly tear rolling down my cheek, either. I cried like this -> :kawaii: All over my popcorn.

I haven't ventured to the theatre in many a year. I do however enjoy kicking back and enjoying a nice film at home every once in a while. Quite recently I re-watched Citizen Kane. Quite simply one of the best films of all time. Orson Welles directed, produced and starred in the film and was superb in all facets. It featured innovative cinematography, music, and narrative structure that are still enthralling to this day. It was a film that transcended it's era and is a must watch for anyone who appreciates art at it's highest quality.

10/10

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I just watched a movie called Divide. It was quite disturbing but kept me on the edge of my seat and thinking "who the **** comes up with this stuff...".
7/10

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The last movie I watched was The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 on DVD.

For anyone wondering why I watched this, I had two reasons:
1) A lady friend of mine wanted me to come to her house and watch it with her (:right:)
2) I actually enjoy the movies and wanted to see it anyway :lol:

Anyway, the film was pretty close to the book which I also enjoyed but I think I enjoyed Eclipse a little more.

7/10

Hopefully seeing Part 2 on Sunday :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hah, is it coincidence this thread popped up as soon as I logged on? I think not.

I JUST got back home from watching Red Dawn at the theaters with my friends and sister.
The movie is great. There's not too much story as it is told through the truckloads of action, but what story there IS is particularly gripping and surprisingly realistic. I came into the movie expecting a bad movie, but I loved it. It spoke heaps.

Many sacrifices and incalculable deaths were made, but it's all for the war effort. In fact, I'd say watching Red Dawn heavily reminded me of playing the Call of Duty series which all the little ninty fanboys deem as shallow backwashes of CoD4...which they aren't. So yeah, I loved Red Dawn.

Solid 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom