• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Tekken blood Vengeance

If there was ever a film that was based on a fanfiction its this, it has everything, the Mary sue style main character that doesn't fit who has a mysterious back story that takes 1minute to explain but an hour for him to spit it out, he has a mysterious power gotten by mysterious means which is more powerful than anything else, this coupled with the backdrop of a subtextual (if the subtext was bolded paragraphs flanked by small print) school girl on school girl love story and then a big fight with as many explosions as possible for 30minutes...

looks pretty, sounds dumb

4/10

funny references in places though

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Win Win

9/10

Quiet, understated, and surprisingly funny. Plus it made me feel great about life at the end, which I really needed that day.

Austin

Austin
Star Trek - First Contact

I'd give it an 8.5/10, which is a great score from me. I've enjoyed all the Trek films I've seen, but First Contact was actually one of the few (along with The Motion Picture, Wrath of Khan and the Voyage Home) that I genuinely found to be a well-made film.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
James Bond - From Russia With Love

8/10 What can you say? It's James Bond, of course it's gonna be good! You have a very interesting plot and of course you have the correct actors for the plot (Sean Connery anyone?). I don't know, it's just a good movie.

Claire

The Geekette
Frankenstein (1931).

1/10.

Are you serious? I've never seen a film adaptation of a novel (a famous one at that!) that followed the book so unfaithfully. First off, Dr. Frankenstein is named Victor in the book. Why name him Henry in the film? Is that really at all necessary? In the book, the monster is literate and can communicate with humans. In the film, all he does is moan and groan. While the monsters both equally share a distaste for humans (though, in the book, that feeling arises later for the monster), they are portrayed differently. One is an eloquent speaker, the other snarls every 3 seconds. The book has a much better storyline than the film. Don't even bother if you think they'll be even slightly similar. If anything, they made the monster less terrifying. Read the book!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I Give It A Year

This film is bloody brilliant. It's an excellent British comedy.Absolutely superb, great story and more importantly great laughs right from the start. Seriously, go see this movie if you get the chance. Better yet, make the chance.

9/10

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Lockdown

Written and directed by Luc Besson and staring Guy Pierce. This is typical Luc Besson SciFi comedy/camp (complete with intentionally horrendous special effects in one early scene). It's got some good quips courtesy of Pierce. It's Escape From New York on a Prison Space Station, except this time it's the presidents daughter who's in trouble. Good humor, deliciously over the top acting, (hyperviolent) and some decent action. It's not Fifth Element but it's good.

7/10

Oh, and I picked up Skyfall yesterday too! 20/10. Goes without saying.

I've watched three films so far today;

Source Code - decent enough, a nice flipside to Denzel Washington's Deja Vu. Little bit predictable, fun enough though. 7/10

Dirty Dancing - Awesome film, guilty pleasure but i regret nothing! 8/10

Mission Impossible 3: Not as bad as 2, moves faster then 1, doesn't have a point but Phillip Seymore Hoffman is always a pleasure 5/10

Currently watching: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford- an amazing film, one of the greatest westerns i've seen alongside The Proposition and one of my favourite movies ever, sheer perfection on so many levels 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom