• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Total Recall (2012) with Colin Farrel, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel.

Tis an exciting action romp with some memorable sci fi elements. Hardly bears much of any resemblance to the original film or the Philip K. **** short story it is based on. Which is good, because if I wanted a direct translation of the former I would just read the story or watch the earlier film. Unfortunately much of it is simply one long drawn out action chase scene, for better or worse, because the action is in fact pretty sweet, but it doesn't really focus strongly on story and quickly glazes over much of it. Good CGI and special effects and some pretty stellar conceptual design and art direction.

7/10

EDIT: HaHa! forum language filter thinks i'm a potty mouth, and in general it would be right... but not this time! XD

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Judge Dredd

It's good. Just check your brain at the door, you won't need it and it'll likely object to everything going on in this one :D. It's a ridiculous, over the top ultra-violent action romp with not-so-witty one liners that is fun and gory as all get out. So, super happy fun time.

8/10 (as far as no sense allowed action romps go)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Hurt Locker..

Won 6 oscars, so I saw it on last night and decided to watch it! Just an amazing film, it really captured the intensity of the warin iraq and the directing of this film added to emotional and suspenseful scenes. Not a lot of films do justice to the so called "war" genre but this film is one to check out and I recommend to anyone :)

I'd give it a 9.5/10

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Struck by Lightinging written by Chris Colfer.

This movie didn't really ever make it public. I had never heard of it until see it on pay-per-view. However, it surprised me in many ways. Chris Colfer ((Kurt from the show Glee)) did an amazing job of writing and acting in this film. And the same can be said about the rest of the cast. SPOILER: In the first 2 minutes the main character dies, but the story is how he got to that. And I got to say, I was never fully prepared for the end. I knew it was going to happen, they showed it to me, but was trembling all the same. An issue I did have with the movie was that there was very little character development and to many characters. We don't get to see an effect on any of the students the main was close with until the end. Even then, there were some who served little to no point during the plot.

In the overall though, I have to give Struck by Lightning an 8/10. It brought tears to my eyes, but didn't give any development. I recommend this to those who want a fun comedy, but still want to feel emotion towards the film.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Just got back from watching The Last Stand in theaters. It's dumb as paste Schwarzenegger action camp, so check your brain at the door and you'll have a great time.

7/10

Watched "Lincoln" last night with my mom.

I'd say 9/10 - it's not really a movie I'd watch again, but that's mainly because I don't watch a lot of shows/movies regularly anyway, but it was pretty well done. It had a lot of great and unexpectedly hilarious moments.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
A Series of Unfortunate Events, which I watched last Sunday.
I'd say 8/10. They get the basic plot of the first three books pretty well, but I just wish there were a few parts from the book they added.
Count Olaf was great though, just fabulous.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King

(Yes i know "The Hobbit" just came out but i just wanted to catch up on the whole series again)

This movie just sucks me in everytime i mean for a 3 hour+ the extended edition to keep my attention for that long is just amazing imo cause not many movies that long can. I dont wanna go into a long review of it but id rate it 9.5 out of 10

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I watched Brave last night and I loved it. It's pretty much everything that you could expect in a Disney-Pixar movie. 10/10

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The other day I bought the Bond 50th Anniversary Box Set, so I'll just get this out of the way now...

*ahem*

7/10
8/10
8/10
8/10
8/10
8/10
5/10
7/10
4/10
9/10
7/10
9/10
8/10
7/10
9/10
9/10
10/10
9/10
8/10
7/10
10/10
9/10

And come 18th February

10/10

Street fighter: Legend of Chun Li

I knew it'd suck because Raul Julia isn't in it but oh lordy did it suck harder than i thought it would...

2/10 Kristin Kreuk, while not being remotely chinese (and since when could Chun Li play the piano?) is still kind of hot and Vega's mask looked cool.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I saw a couple of movies over the last few days so I'm gonna dump 'em all here:

The Human Centipede (The First Segment)

This movie is awful. The acting is either over the top or completely underwhelming. The surgery scene in which the crazy doctor sutures them together also lacks gore, horror and reason. There are also a plethora of noticeable mistakes such as bloody smears being on walls before a blooded hand had touched the wall. The concept of this movie could have been handled much better than it was. The story lacked in action (ie plot movement, not guns blazing and explosions) and did not make up for it by trying to be half a foreign film. Overall, I give this movie 1/10. I would never recommend this movie to anyone.

Dead Space Downfall

This animated film is supposed to be a sequel to the hit franchise. For those who have played Dead Space Extraction on the Wii (I don't know if this feature was on PSP as well) but the multi-media comic books you unlock is a prequel to this movie.

The animation style of this movie is not really impressive (but most American cartoons fail to impress in this area). The sequencing of events was well done and by the end of the movie, despite some rather cheesy one-liners and some generic voice acting, this movie is worth a watch at least once for any die-hard Dead Space fan. Overall, I give this movie a solid 5/10.

Resident Evil: Damnation

Just like Resident Evil: Degeneration, this movie wowed me with the fluidity of the animation and the way the characters are a real part of the diegesis that has been created for them. The story was a little slow to kick off but really picked up after Leon's Licker encounter. From then on it was fast-paced storytelling reminiscent of the modern RE games (4-6).

Overall, this movie gets an 8/10 from me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom