• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Random theories

Link become a Termina deity like the 4 gigants he never return to Hyrule after Majora Mask
Link body is hidden somewhere in Hyrule in the fallen hero timeline
Link and Zelda are brothers in OOT
Rauru and Gaepora from Skyward is the same guy

I saw Rauru as part of the bloodline like a great-great uncle of Zelda's or something because of the SS Gaepora references

Question: Has there been anything solid derived from Ghirahim resembling the Gilded Sword?

The most I can think of is Zubora and Gabora making swords in relation to darkness/evil, as if the design of the Gilded Sword was based off Ghirahim, since their signatures are on Phantom Ganon's sword. Maybe after Phantom Ganon was banished to the gap between dimensions after the Forest Temple in OoT, he somehow slipped into Termina and got a sword made by our mountain smiths, keeping it with him until his WW reappearance.

But honestly, I don't think there's strong evidence they are the same Phantom Ganon anyways. Even then, Ghirahim and Phantom Ganon were in Hyrule, not Termina, and that WW takes place hundreds of years after OoT anyways when the pair would've been around in Termina, unless we really want to go on the "offscreen later re-appearance/re-embodiment as a descendant/successor" path. It's not like there's evidence that Zubora and Gabora were even aware of early Hyrule history and the Razor Sword doesn't point to any dark being either. The smiths don't relate to any kind of evil in MM.

Has anyone got anything from their similar designs?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Question: Has there been anything solid derived from Ghirahim resembling the Gilded Sword?

The most I can think of is Zubora and Gabora making swords in relation to darkness/evil, as if the design of the Gilded Sword was based off Ghirahim, since their signatures are on Phantom Ganon's sword. Maybe after Phantom Ganon was banished to the gap between dimensions after the Forest Temple in OoT, he somehow slipped into Termina and got a sword made by our mountain smiths, keeping it with him until his WW reappearance.

But honestly, I don't think there's strong evidence they are the same Phantom Ganon anyways. Even then, Ghirahim and Phantom Ganon were in Hyrule, not Termina, and that WW takes place hundreds of years after OoT anyways when the pair would've been around in Termina, unless we really want to go on the "offscreen later re-appearance/re-embodiment as a descendant/successor" path. It's not like there's evidence that Zubora and Gabora were even aware of early Hyrule history and the Razor Sword doesn't point to any dark being either. The smiths don't relate to any kind of evil in MM.

Has anyone got anything from their similar designs?
No, but I feel the Gilded Sword isn't as fancy as it should be, being gilded and all.

Ghirahim's design resembling the gilded sword was probably a choice of the character designers, not necessarily to make a connection between him and that blade, but because Fi's design was based on the Master Sword, they probably wanted to make another character design based on a sword in the series? Not sure why the gilded sword in particular, but it does work well for a jester-esque motif, which a lot of people likened Ghirahim to before we really knew anything about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom