• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Random theories

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
All Gerudo are functional hermaphrodites. The idea of Gerudo being able to propagate their people exclusively by mating with Hylian men just seems ridiculous to me. If that were the case, the Gerudo as a people would cease to exist within a few generations. Given the scarcity of males among their own people, possessing both sets of sexual organs seems like the only way they can continue to exist.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
A post by editor99 made me consider something about the Master Sword in Breath of the Wild. While the 13 heart requirement was likely stapled onto the Master Sword for gameplay purposes, what kind of story could justify it? I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say that the Malice corrupted it, but if that was what happened it would probably have to undergo some kind of "purification" process, not just Link picking it up and saying "all good". Is it possible Zelda put some kind of curse on it to prevent anyone other than Link from actually being able to pick it up?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
A post by editor99 made me consider something about the Master Sword in Breath of the Wild. While the 13 heart requirement was likely stapled onto the Master Sword for gameplay purposes, what kind of story could justify it? I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say that the Malice corrupted it, but if that was what happened it would probably have to undergo some kind of "purification" process, not just Link picking it up and saying "all good". Is it possible Zelda put some kind of curse on it to prevent anyone other than Link from actually being able to pick it up?
The way I see it, Link has to prove himself to wield it in most games, right? In this game, he does that by completing shrines. Link increasing his life force through shrines to draw the sword instead of collecting three pendants or three spiritual stones or whatnot.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
The way I see it, Link has to prove himself to wield it in most games, right? In this game, he does that by completing shrines. Link increasing his life force through shrines to draw the sword instead of collecting three pendants or three spiritual stones or whatnot.
Why not just require a number of spirit orbs then? The Master Sword specifically tries to kill you so if theoretically link had a greater number of hearts from doing something other than shrines it would still be good enough for Fi.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Why not just require a number of spirit orbs then? The Master Sword specifically tries to kill you so if theoretically link had a greater number of hearts from doing something other than shrines it would still be good enough for Fi.
As far as I’m aware, there’s no other way to get hearts besides the yellow ones from food, but they don’t count. I always just figured that the keys were useful now. There are definitely holes in that, though.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Take a look at the idiom "Take heart from" or more accurately "Take heart from and be of good courage", the heart containers are literally a courage meter, so 13 hearts means he is of equal courage as the rest of the links to wield the sword, as the series goes on we can kinda see that each link is more "courageous" than the last, OG Link wasn't a wielder of the Triforce of Courage and nor is BOTW Link, both had to be tested another means, by their hearts or "how much courage they've garnered"

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
When link enters the moon in Majoras Mask, he meets moon children that each ask him Philosophical questions. The thing is that all of these questions seem to relate to Skull kid and what was going through his mind. Afterwords you fight Majora himself, along with the masks that those children wore.

My theory is this: Link never actually enters the moon. He actually simply put on the mask.

Majora tries to possess Link in the same way that he possessed Skull Kid, trying to place all of the same doubts in his mind. Link is stronger than this, and doesn’t give in to the mask. He then uses the power of the mask to destroy the moon, as his willpower finally overcomes Majora.

If you got all of the masks, they aren’t actually physically turned in, rather they are being used as a reminder of what he’s fighting for. That’s what gives him the strength of the fierce deity mask.

Flute Boy is actually Gulley. As Gulley is a Sage, he could technically travel with the OoT. So he one day picked it up, tried to play a certain song which he had in mind and traveled back in time. An old man thinks it's his son and he spends his time playing that Ocarina. Being known as Flute Boy for the rest of his life.

Geography doesn't matter much for me in theorizing, but I had this small thought. FS's Hyrule always stuck out to me as the weird one but it was really only like four stages. The Hyrule in FS can be behind Death Mountain proper, where there are extra volcanoes and stuff. It's easier to visualize on FSA's map since there's a faded slab of land that seems cut off by water, matching a little better to FS.
FS to FSA map copy.png
Side note: I think it's funny how Hyrule here is depicted as one of a couple islands, probably from WW influence as it was the game released before this one.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Not even reincarnation, maybe they're just the same person. Some immortal creature wandering forever in search of something.
And that's not his real face. He's been cursed or something and trying to get it removed, similar to Jovani in TP. He knows the Song of Healing is his only chance, so he teaches it to Link. Something among those lines. :shrugs:

Link become a Termina deity like the 4 gigants he never return to Hyrule after Majora Mask
Link body is hidden somewhere in Hyrule in the fallen hero timeline
Link and Zelda are brothers in OOT
Rauru and Gaepora from Skyward is the same guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom