• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

R U an Expert?

Do you consider yourself an expert in anything? What is that something. Why do you consider yourself an expert? Do you do anything with your expertise?

I consider myself extremely well rounded in the area of behavioral science/autism. While I'm not PhD. savvy. I would consider myself well skilled in these areas. I've been working/learning more about Autism since I was 11. I have also chosen through my educational paths to do more to better educate myself. My professional path is one that also gives me more knowledge, and I would say generally speaking I am good at what I do.

What about you? Yeah you may sound a little self centered. But go on brag about yourself! I want to hear it!

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means, as there is always more to learn, but I do think that I know a fair amount about photography. The knowledge came from an insatiable appetite to understand all aspects of the craft, as well as experimenting on my own. I do think I could teach someone the main points, even though I am a terrible teacher in general.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I wouldn't call myself an 'expert' in anything in particular (Well, nothing that actually matters, I guess. I tend to absorb a lot of information about video games.....) But I do know a lot about Autism too, due to having Aspergers, but that's expected, really......

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I'm a bit of an expert on Computers, Video Games, Psychology, and Philosophy. I've put a lot of thought and research into each of those subjects.

I wouldn't say that I know more than most people who are interested in those subjects, but I would say that I know far more than people with only a passing interest in the topics.

I would call myself an expert on Geography, the Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest series, music, movies and classic TV shows (mostly 80s and 90s stuff).

Well, I'm an expert on knowing stuff about the characters that I go all fan-girlie on. :P So... that makes it about seventeen different characters that I know the backgrounds of very well--the best being Gani, of course. :P

Other than that, I'm fairly good at Guitar Hero, the Periodic Table... um... being "not your average weirdo" and being a random misfit... Oh, and making up words is my talent... oh, yes. (maybe placing ellipses in there a is talent, too...eh, RP?) Scribble-doodling seems to be another talent that may make me an expert (which is really sloppy and messy drawings that look like crap). Other than that... I can't think of anything... at the moment.

I am an expert at Scribble-Doodling. That is probably my most-prized expertise-ish thing.

Well, I'm great at a couple of things, but not a total expert like those jerk's called nerd's. (JUST KIDDING! I love nerds. <3)

Like me and my friend, we dye our hair a lot. And I mean, a lot. So, when it comes to dying your hair, we know what to do, how long, and not to do. Me and my friend (Same one), know how to draw really well with a pencil, pen, and regular ink. We know what proportion is and we help other's with their drawings, (even though some of them do look like crap. Not you guy's you people have talent unlike those bimbo's ;D )

Me, I know my way around how to use a computer. So, as my sister say's, I'm the technical computer nerd. :B

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Hrmm... Well, I am an expert on Guitar Hero, because I ALWAYS play on Expert :lol:
I guess I'm an expert at Link's Awakening (literally, I'm a living walkthrough)
I'm an expert at being incredibly random, if that counts. I'm also an expert at smiley spamming... and ellipsis spamming!
I'm the only one I know that knows how to use a semicolon; I don't think that counts, though.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, I'm great at a couple of things, but not a total expert like those jerk's called nerd's. (JUST KIDDING! I love nerds. <3)

Like me and my friend, we dye our hair a lot. And I mean, a lot. So, when it comes to dying your hair, we know what to do, how long, and not to do. Me and my friend (Same one), know how to draw really well with a pencil, pen, and regular ink. We know what proportion is and we help other's with their drawings, (even though some of them do look like crap. Not you guy's you people have talent unlike those bimbo's ;D )

Me, I know my way around how to use a computer. So, as my sister say's, I'm the technical computer nerd. :B

Careful with that, as dying your hair too often is proven do reduce health and can even give cancer.

Anyways, I'm not really an expert at anything, but I'm only 15, so I've got time. I consider myself to be really good at Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but not really at anything else. I'm also becoming pretty good with Computer Programming. I hope for that to be one of my majors in college.

Hrmm... Well, I am an expert on Guitar Hero, because I ALWAYS play on Expert :lol:
I guess I'm an expert at Link's Awakening (literally, I'm a living walkthrough)
I'm an expert at being incredibly random, if that counts. I'm also an expert at smiley spamming... and ellipsis spamming!
I'm the only one I know that knows how to use a semicolon; I don't think that counts, though.

I bet you are not better than Random Person at ellipsis spamming.

Everyone knows how to use a semicolin, Dr3W. Anyways, I'm an expert at being weird, along with my friend Hayden, and I'm an expert at... GIVING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go to a walkthrough the second I find a problem in ANY video game. Mostly Zelda games, though...

Careful with that, as dying your hair too often is proven do reduce health and can even give cancer.
It can, but when I mean "a lot", I meant a lot of going over. When we seriously do damage, we do that like 4 times every 4-5 months. ;)
And that saying if you dye your hair too much, your hair will fall out, all lies.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I can pick up video games really quickly and I can retain lots and lots of information about them. Also, Irish dance. And Michael Jackson. I know SO many random facts about him. Like how he didn't really wear jewelry because it got in the way when he worked or did stuff.

Attending college for a degree in history. Having the ability to recall something from a specific point in time is usually an expert ability I have. Funny thing is it's spans to different aspects of entertainment, art, music, video games, so pretty much anything.

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
If I'm a expert?

Sure I am! I have an absurd abillity to master any RPG or MMORPG in less than one week and still have time to study, I'm also pretty good on the Trauma Center series, Dragon Quest and Mega Man (and not to mention, the LoZ series, but I'm still working on it). And I'm fairly invincible on some FPS games (my score is always like 100 kills/1 death and I don't cheat).
Then you'd probably ask "But, ET, how come you're only an expert on video games? Get a life!". Firstly, this is one of my main talents, secondly, I'm also good in another things like sports such as riding a horse or surfing or earning high grades, but not as good as my gaming skills, that's why I didn't mention it right on the beginning. =P

Anyway, summing up all of this, we can conclude that any RPGs or FPSs are no match for this gaming maniac.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I'm good at annoying my little brother, and if he gets angry about it, I can tussle him to the ground and keep him there.
I'm also pretty good with animals, which is why I want to be a vet.
I store memory until I need it. For example, I couldn't tell you how to beat, say, the Great Bay Temple, but I can beat it in one day, game time. That comes in handy when I'm taking a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom