• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

R U an Expert?

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Well, there are a lot of people better than me, but I consider myself an expert in pokémon, either that or Dragon quest, maybe even Professor Layton, but 1 thing I know i'm an expert at is pokémon ranger! People sometimes cannot believe my speed of capturing.

I guess I would consider myself great at "reading people" - their emotions and such. I do this by reading facial expressions, hand gestures, eye movements, even the way a person writes or types. I have become so adept, that I can tell when a person is lying by sensing a change in said person's heartbeat (by laying my hand on a person's chest). This is something about myself that I just sorta haphazardly discovered over the years. I gained such an ability due to my introversion and shyness. I've always been so quiet; I guess one could say, I've spent a lot less time speaking and a lot more time listening.

Quite frankly, I would not necessarily consider myself an expert per se, and admittedly my methods have some obvious flaws... :yes:

The term for this kind of thing evaded me at first, but I believe this is known as "profiling".

Last edited by a moderator:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I'd say I'm an expert gamer, but that's not my main expertise.

I study a lot about concussions, considering the amount of concussions I've had, it's a good idea to too. My friend encourages me to study more about anatomy, but the closest to being an expert for me is

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I'm good at enduring pain, or just not getting injurys,
# Painful injurys: (about) 3

( but then again I am treated like a punch bag. )

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I am an expert in sleeping and eating, but I guess we all are, soooo, let me think, I guess I'm pretty good at quoting YGOTAS.

In terms of actual academics, I know a lot about history. I'm very good at remembering dates and knowing the events that happened on said dates. That being said, this knowledge didn't come without hard work. I spent a considerable amount of time reading primary sources and history books in my spare time. Even then I'm not an expert on history. I'm not even in college yet lol.

Something I'm very knowledgeable about that is more trivial is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim lore. Not the Elder Scrolls in general, Skyrim specifically since I didn't start paying attention until the most recent installment (although, surprisingly, there is a lot of detail about the events of Oblivion in Skyrim). I think I have legitimately read almost every single book (where the good majority of the lore is hidden) in the game. My house in that game is stacked with books, and I even remember reading some books more than once because I thoroughly enjoy them. Anybody who sais Skyrim has a shallow story obviously didn't pay attention to the minor, beautiful details of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom