• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Phobia!

S

Sin

Entomophobia: The fear of insects. Specifically, for me, wasps. But generally anything with six or more legs is enough to scare me. Especially if they buzz. Oh lord, the buzzing.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
I have a phobia of being helpless to help my friends when they're going through a hard time. Which has happended to me a few times. And I HATE it. I HATE being unable to help my friends when they're going through a hard time and I'm scared of being forever unable to change that.
Gohan? On topic: Spiders, GAH spiders. Also bees, GAH bees. There was this one incident a while back where I used to catch bees in a water bottle at school. This time the bottle had a hole in it. Long story short. I got suspended, several kids got stung. And I developed Beephobia(?). Also spiders freak me out because when we moved I explored the basement. GAAAAAAAH so....many.....spiders........I also have a slight bit of Bigautomobilephobia. My pet chinchilla got flattened by a huge truck(or atleast what seemed huge to a three year old). Phobias are a weird thing

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Claustrophobia, Fear of inclosed spaces.
My heart start beating really fast when I'm in elevators, in the midst of a big crowd etc. It feels like I'm never going to get out. :O
I also have this fear that when I'm swimming that somebody is going to try and drown me. (Trust issues?)

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
I used to have globophobia (Balloon Popping) but now I pretty much no longer have the phobia because I know all about balloons now and the sound of the popping.

From Yahoo Answers "All the above answers are not correct. When you pop a balloon, the intial prick is rapidly expand into a rip by air pressure. The stretched elastic is capable of ripping and unstretching from around the sphere of slightly-compressed air at a speed greater than sound. So what happens is the balloon reveals a sphere of compressed air. The air expands at the speed of sound. What you hear is a small sonic boom caused by that"

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Entomophobia: The fear of insects. Specifically, for me, wasps. But generally anything with six or more legs is enough to scare me. Especially if they buzz. Oh lord, the buzzing.

I'm only afraid of any bug that can sting me. Is that the same thing or something completely different?

I'm claustrophobic, more or less, which isn't only a fear of enclosed spaces but more specifically a space you cannot escape from or feel you cannot escape from. This rarely bothers me in average situations, and usually the only kind of environments where this manifests for me are things I experience in fiction as opposed to real life. Underwater and underground are usually the things that freak me out, so when I'm playing a video game or reading a book, it's those kinds of areas that disturb me. The Turok series really stresses me out, even though I love it, because you're constantly diving into murky underground areas, murky water, or MURKY UNDERGROUND WATER AREAS.

It's never been debilitating to me. It might stem from when I almost drowned in a creek as a young kid, I dunno. Since it's not scared me too badly (probably because I've experienced it only in fiction), I've actually become fascinated by it and have sought out games or stories with claustrophobic atmospheres (especially underwater or deep sea), kinda in a similar way to how the horror genre attracts me. It's finding an aversion appealing... when the aversion is mild enough. It's fun to get spooked. :lol:

Conor

the over analysing guy
Just cos it's sort of been bugging me throughout this thread, a phobia is normally referring to an irrational or extreme fear of something, a fear of drowning or being set on fire isn't a phobia as that's certainly a rational thing to be afraid of.
I wouldn't make such a big deal about this if we didn't do it in psychology :lol:
and to answer the OP question, I have no particular phobia, any fears I have are pretty standard.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This isn't true of me, but to a certain extent I have caligynephobia. Fear of beautiful women, as per Wikipedia. Women that I see has pretty, I am just afraid of. Not fearful as in "omg, what if they kill me?", but more of a "what if they try to touch me?!" sort of thing. I guess I could call that shyness, I dunno.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I have a fear of enclosed spaces,falling down,Heights,dead things,bees i got stung for the first time in my life this year,ghosts:something from as a kid,angry dogs and i made this up i think:Drownifphobia:afraid to touch the ocean < used to and the real one:Dummygophobia <you guys know the dummy right?EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK dummies are scary!

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Dendrophobia: fear of trees. Now, no, I'm not specifically afraid of trees. I have zero problems with realm unmoving trees. But see, when i was little, I'd have these nightmares of these trees scaring the crap out of me. They would freeze time and kill my family, tie me up and make me scream, and so many other things. So, yeah, I have a little fear of trees.

Asthenophobia- Fear of fainting or weakness. Juust kind of happens since I have vasal vagal syncope.

And this one's kind of interesting---Pteronophobia. Fear of being tickled by feathers. Odd.

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
Arachnophobia and Entomophobia - Bugs in general are freaky,I don't like them.And about the bugs,it's just the most weird and strange ones.But it was mainly because until recently I slept on a mattress on the floor,and I dreaded the possibility of a bug wandering around me ...

Also,keep in mind phobia might not only mean fear,it can also mean aversion

onebizarrekai

gay energy
It's not one of those specific phobias, but I'm terrified of most bugs. Especially spiders, ticks/mosquitoes, and bees. (Also all those other bee-like bugs that can sting) So I really enjoy winter time. (I'm home schooled just so you know)

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I have ophidiophobia. And I mean seriously. I sometimes have dreams where I'm in my house and there are snakes everywhere and they're climbing up walls & uuuugh. I also have mild acrophobia, but its more like fear that whatever I'm on is going to collapse, so I'm fine on mountains 7 stuff, only like really tall buildings- really freaks me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom