• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Phobia!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have a massive case of germophobia. Whenever I am outside, I will not touch anything before disinfecting it. For example, on the bus I would wipe the handrail before I actually touch it. I also wash my hands very frequently, because I feel like they are very dirty at times. Now that I out that out there, I feel like such a nutcase... :P

Oh yes, and I also have claustrophobia. The thought of getting stuck in a cave is the most frightening to me for some reason. I always feel like I am going to run out of air if I go in there.... as I had an experience in an underground labyrinth. The Buda Castle underground labyrinth is actually one of the caves that I like to visit, but I always have to put off the thought that I am going to suffocate there, which I clearly won't.

Last edited:

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I have way too many to name so, i'll just go for the one which causes the most trouble in my life.

Namely a fear of people. Needless to say, I don't work right now.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Brontophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.. Why I have this fear is because my dad would like to forget that he had to pick me up in the pouring thunderstorm rains... I would have to walk home. Still haunts me and whenever it's storming I stay inside where ever I am!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have a phobia of being helpless to help my friends when they're going through a hard time. Which has happended to me a few times. And I HATE it. I HATE being unable to help my friends when they're going through a hard time and I'm scared of being forever unable to change that.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I have Chilopodophobia the fear of centipedes. I'm not that affraid of the small ones you find under logs or in nooks and crannies. I'm affraid of the huge, poisonious, 9-inch centipedes in South America and Thailand. I don't know if it is the legs, the poison that can kill small children, or the fact that they pop out of no where. I just don't know they just give me the creeps.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Hmm, well, I don't particularly like the water, but it's always something I've been able to get over. I'm not the best swimmer, so I expect that's why I don't like being in the water; lack of control. It freaks me out in video games worse than in reality, until I can be sure I know exactly how many fishy monsters are in the water and where they are, I hate being underwater in video games. I also had a fear of sharks for a while, that probably ties into it.

I guess I might be more afraid of things getting me in the water than anything else. That combined with a lack of control makes me on edge in and under the water. (Which is ironic given I apparently live under the sea. :rolleyes: Okay, so it matched a past avatar of mine and I haven't bothered to change it. :P)

I also started reading Edgar Allen Poe when I was around 12, and since then I've had a fear of being buried alive. Fortunately it's pretty unlikely, but it still creeps me out. Once I'd found out that scratch marks had been found on the inside of coffins before the 20th century I was pretty thankful that they drain your blood before burying you nowadays. (Though there's still the possibility of waking up in the morgue before that, I suppose. Even with all today's medical achievements there's still room for error.)

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Hmm, well, I don't particularly like the water, but it's always something I've been able to get over. I'm not the best swimmer, so I expect that's why I don't like being in the water; lack of control. It freaks me out in video games worse than in reality, until I can be sure I know exactly how many fishy monsters are in the water and where they are, I hate being underwater in video games. I also had a fear of sharks for a while, that probably ties into it.

I guess I might be more afraid of things getting me in the water than anything else. That combined with a lack of control makes me on edge in and under the water. (Which is ironic given I apparently live under the sea. :rolleyes: Okay, so it matched a past avatar of mine and I haven't bothered to change it. :P)

I also started reading Edgar Allen Poe when I was around 12, and since then I've had a fear of being buried alive. Fortunately it's pretty unlikely, but it still creeps me out. Once I'd found out that scratch marks had been found on the inside of coffins before the 20th century I was pretty thankful that they drain your blood before burying you nowadays. (Though there's still the possibility of waking up in the morgue before that, I suppose. Even with all today's medical achievements there's still room for error.)

My fear is very similar to yours. Cleithrophobia/Cleisiophobia is the fear of being locked in an inclosed space. I'm not afraid of elevators or closets, but coffins. Me just looking at one makes me shake. I hate them. If I can't move my arms, then I start freaking out. x.x

amaterasu

Writer
I'm afraid of ReDeads and Gibdoes, because when I was little, and I played Ocarina of Time, I always had nightmares of them attacking me like they did link. Their scream is pretty freaky as well. Recently, I actually had a dream where a Gibdoe said "We're going to kill you now." And all I could do was stand there like Link with a random Ocarina I don't know where I got, trying to remember the Sun's Song. Of course, my alarm went off, which was good.

amaterasu

Writer
i have acrophobia as well. though it seeems no matter how high i am in a tree, i feel perfectly safe o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom