• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Phobia!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hehe, well, I have a few little fears of my own. Entomophobia, a fear of insects, is my most common bug. (See what I did there?) I'm not afraid of all bugs. Gnats, flies, ladybugs, and other small insects do instill the terror that other, larger bugs do. (Although, reading about Xinn's dream yesterday, I may now be forever afraid of ladybugs. O_O)

Another one is taphophobia, fear of being buried alive. Not that I think that would ever happen to me. However, just thinking of being in an enclosed space with a dwindling oxygen supply makes me shiver. This plays into my minor claustrophobia. I feel claustrophobic mostly in places packed with other people. In this case, it's not as much the lack of space as it is me not feeling comfortable with many people around me. I wouldn't say I'm actually afraid of people; just uncomfortable with so many around me.

I'd also say I'm afraid of waking up to find my house is on fire, but I don't know if there's a name for that. Are any of these fears rational? I'd have to say not. :P Just my little quirks.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I used to have a lot when was younger, but some of them aren't as bad now.
I'm still scared of roller coasters. Like, I hate them. A lot. They are one of my least favourite things.
My fear of Thunder has died down quite a bit, but I still don't like the stuff.
I love heights, but I have a fear of falling from great heights.
I am also getting over it, but I have a fear of learge cities. I was in a city of about 300,000 for about 5 hours when I was 17, and I was nearly in tears. When I was 21, I was in Berlin, which has about 3.5 million, and I was like 'Pffft. Whatever.'
And probably the last one is a fear of large spiders. Small ones I'm fine with, but once they're the size of the thumbnail, then I freak out.

Not that it's a real thing, but I'm pretty sure I have germophobia-phobia. It irks me when people clean everything. Not that I like dirty things, but too much clean isn't healthy for you.

I have Acrophobia (fear of heights), Entomophobia (fear of insects), and arachnophobia (essentially fear of spiders). I used to be a tad claustrophobic, though not anymore. I do however have a fear of anything dead, not necessarily death itself. Just something that's dead, whether it's a pet, insect, human, ect. So, aside from funerals being sad, I also have issues going to one for that reason :/ I used to be afraid of needles, but I kind of grew out of that. Interesting thread!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I was afraid of needles, badly. Though, that changed a couple years ago. I burned my hand very badly, and when in the ER for it, they had to inject high strength pain killer into my bloodstream. Ever since then, needles haven't really bothered me.
I am somewhat afraid of death too. But not me dying, but instead, seeing others die.
Aside from that, not exactly sure what else I'm afraid of. That's really the only thing now. Not exactly a bad thing to fear.

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
I have a fear of other people's blood, or other people getting injected. If I get a shot, I'm completely fine with. Same if I get a huge cut or something. But if it happens to someone else, it creeps me out if I look at it. It might have to do with the fact that my grandparents live with me, and my grandma has a syringe she needs to use for some problem or another. If I even see it, I go running up to my room... Yeah, I don't have any rational reason for this.

Moon.Flower

I'm the crazy chicken. ;)
Heights, bugs that sting (that one is a realistic phobia, I'm allergic and could die if stung), tornadoes, and any gross looking mold.. :|

Zombies, heights, and when I was 2, my brother was playing my grandma's OoT file (my grandma's awesome at Zelda and Final Fantasy.), he A. was "violated" by a Redead and B.mauled by cuccos, which gave me a couple nightmares about Redeads and cuccos.

T

-TR-

Deep water/the ocean. They work hand in hand, and to some people it might not make sense seeing as I love to swim...

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I kinda have Acrophobia, but its more falling then being up high, like when im on an edge and i feel like im gunna fall, I also have arachnophobia, like really bad. Snakes are kinda creapy.

Big Octo

=^)
Well, I used to have bigoctophobia (name credits to me :P), but I've scrapped enough courage to get over the *ugh* . . . big octos.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
im afraid of having to go to austrailia. its not the people or anything, its just filled with poisous/venomous animals like funnel webs, box jellyfish, blue-ringed octopuses, stonefish, cone snails, etc. worst think we have here is copperheads at least they have antivenom, unlike cone snails

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom