• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Those are some pretty epic looking legendaries. Seriously, they're at least three times as epic as Dialga and Palkia could ever hope to be!

And actually, Mijumaru's growing on me a lot. At first I thought I was going to pick Tsutaja the first time around, but I may very well end up picking Mijumaru instead.

I think the legendaries look like pure garbage. Does anyone even remember a time when Pokemon didn't look like Digimon? A time when they actually kinda resembled an animal? Now we have all these crazy, over the top Pokemon, like Arceus, basically being God in the Pokemon world. Not that I didn't enjoy 4th gen. It was good for the most part. But Pokemon in general is getting pretty ridiculous with its creativity. Pretty sure I won't be buying either of these games.

But Pokemon in general is getting pretty ridiculous with its creativity. Pretty sure I won't be buying either of these games.

I remember thinking the same thing about D/P when they were first released. I hated the designs on the box art, and I was actually a year late getting Pearl because I saw no need to get it (Was having too much fun with FireRed at the time). I feel the same way about the revealed starters; what stupid designs. How could I ever enjoy a game where I had to pick and interact with one of those? I eventually broke down and got Pearl, and completely loved it. So I won't be repeating my past mistake of taking the brand new designs at face value and judging there, because I'm sure to miss out on a whole lot of fun.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Eh I guess I like the white one I thought of Yugioh when I first saw these two legendary pokemon.Everyone bound to at least like few of the 100 more Pokemon.I said the same thing with Diamond and Pearl but once I started playing them I started to like them.Just give the new generation a chance only seven have been revealed everyone bound to at least like one of the new generation Pokemon.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I just hope everyone won't *******ize this thing yet. it's too early.

Let's give it time, they just released the information of the game and the information is slowly growing. Hopefully maybe after E3, more information will be around. The game shows promise with it's new graphics and camera motion, now all we have to do is wait.

And I bet Zekrom will be a Dark/Dragon type while Reshiram will be Dragon/ Flying or maybe Dragon/Psychic. That would be the first ever, for Zekrom. I'll be able to know the game fully by the release date. I want to see what will unfold.

Now the question bothers my mind, which will I get first? The Black with the fluffy Reshiram version? Or the White Mysterious Zekrom Version? Oooh the game is gonna be good!

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Eh I guess I like the white one I thought of Yugioh when I first saw these two legendary pokemon.Everyone bound to at least like few of the 100 more Pokemon.I said the same thing with Diamond and Pearl but once I started playing them I started to like them.Just give the new generation a chance only seven have been revealed everyone bound to at least like one of the new generation Pokemon.

Yeah, I loved pokemon when it came out in 1996 wiht red adn blue (I still have them) And dont forget Gold and silver(Still have them and think is best gen) But as i was gonna say they are ruining it, they are trying to hard to continue teh game, hopefully they get ride of ash. But i was skeptical about Platinum first (you can ask ikana himself) and when i got it i loved it. But as Vergo was saying, im not gonna make that mistake.

HG and SS where ok but for some reason i liked how they did crystal better and whish the make a new thign like Soothing Crystal(SC) or Repundent Crystal, idk. But the starters are kinda ugly and they are trying to copy a form of dinosaurs if you havent noticed. (Srz if some one said that, didnt read all of the post) But the grass starter looks cool though. Hopefully this gam and the other pokemon arent some cheap knock offs

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Ok i read the other pages of this topic and to be honest, untill i read all this i would never suspect of Black/White to be racist at all o.o But now u ppl actually mentioned some people will, not maybe. But most likely WILL make soem exucse to nag or give illogical problems to the creators. And I still think the grass starter is the collest looking x]. But im gonna wait and see when way more pics and information come ot before skeptical presumtions take control dn think way ahead.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Wow. I love Chriamii and Mamepato. They're so adorable. And Shimama looks cool too. God I'm so PUMPED for Generation V. Seriously, I can already see it. People raving over Generation V saying that it's now the best generation of Pokemon yet.

Wow. I love Chriamii and Mamepato. They're so adorable. And Shimama looks cool too. God I'm so PUMPED for Generation V. Seriously, I can already see it. People raving over Generation V saying that it's now the best generation of Pokemon yet.

I'm not sure that'll happen. At least for some of the older ones who still remember where Pokemon Red and Blue came from. Still, no generation has matched the second one in my opinion (gold/silver). There's way too many pokemon these days, even though I've played/beaten every generation.

Still not sure if I'll get black and white yet. Oh, and I'm gonna go ahead and call that the bird one is a baby form of a Murkrow.

I'm not sure that'll happen. At least for some of the older ones who still remember where Pokemon Red and Blue came from. Still, no generation has matched the second one in my opinion (gold/silver). There's way too many pokemon these days, even though I've played/beaten every generation.

Still not sure if I'll get black and white yet. Oh, and I'm gonna go ahead and call that the bird one is a baby form of a Murkrow.

I agree, I think that many people will probably praise it for the new graphics, but outside of that, the pokemon look really bad. Some of them look like they are rip offs other pokemon either by themselves or two pokemon crossed over in terms of looks. Then they just get a really random type, although I'm still going to buy it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My goodness Chiramii is adorable! But yeah, some of these new designs are a bit...odd. What is Munna supposed to resemble exactly? Looks almost like a piggy bank...Well, the new pokemon always take some time to get used to. Regardless of whatever the initial reaction is, be it good or bad, I'm sure the games are still gonna sell great. Just give the designs some time to sink in.

Mute

一員
I'm starting to think I must be a fanboy or something. I actually like most of the new Pokemon, especially Chiramii (or would it be Chiraamii? Oh well.) and Gear. The only one I don't really care for much is Munna, I'm not entirely sure what to think about it. It looks like some cross between a pig and a tablecloth, however that's possible. Other than that, Isshu looks rather nice, honestly. And I think I ran out of things to say about it. Oh well, I look forward to this generation even more now.

I agree, I think that many people will probably praise it for the new graphics, but outside of that, the pokemon look really bad. Some of them look like they are rip offs other pokemon either by themselves or two pokemon crossed over in terms of looks. Then they just get a really random type, although I'm still going to buy it.

Something to note about the "new graphics". So far, and it may be early or I may have missed out on a vid or a pic somewhere, but the graphics of black and white are the exact same as they were for HG/SS. Yes, the game uses a different vantage point for a lot of its overworld, such as the alley ways and walking through a city. However, D/P/Pt and HG/SS all had those same graphics, just all from an overhead vantage point. In fact, you can find a nice Action Replay code on the net that lets you view a lower vantage point in HG/SS. Essentially, the code makes all the towns, buildings, and caves that you go through appear more 3D, just exactly as they appear in Black and White. I checked it out once and it was pretty cool, getting to see that the developers actually designed all the buildings in HG in full 3D.

But back to Black and White, it may look different at first, but notice how none of the pics or vids shown have the character moving in all directions. By now, surely by now, the character model should at least be able to walk in diagonals. You would think, by the way the game looks thus far, that this would be possible. But like I said before, it doesn't appear to be so. It just looks like they changed the view for a few locations, which as previously stated, isn't really a big deal at all seeing as how HG/SS had that ability as well with codes.

All that said, sure, they've made the pokemon move around a bit during battle. Sure, they've changed the vantage point. And yeah, there will probably be more flashy battle effects and such. But thus far, Black and White is honestly no different, graphic-wise, than the previous generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom