• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Black and White

Something to note about the "new graphics". So far, and it may be early or I may have missed out on a vid or a pic somewhere, but the graphics of black and white are the exact same as they were for HG/SS. Yes, the game uses a different vantage point for a lot of its overworld, such as the alley ways and walking through a city. However, D/P/Pt and HG/SS all had those same graphics, just all from an overhead vantage point. In fact, you can find a nice Action Replay code on the net that lets you view a lower vantage point in HG/SS. Essentially, the code makes all the towns, buildings, and caves that you go through appear more 3D, just exactly as they appear in Black and White. I checked it out once and it was pretty cool, getting to see that the developers actually designed all the buildings in HG in full 3D.

But back to Black and White, it may look different at first, but notice how none of the pics or vids shown have the character moving in all directions. By now, surely by now, the character model should at least be able to walk in diagonals. You would think, by the way the game looks thus far, that this would be possible. But like I said before, it doesn't appear to be so. It just looks like they changed the view for a few locations, which as previously stated, isn't really a big deal at all seeing as how HG/SS had that ability as well with codes.

All that said, sure, they've made the pokemon move around a bit during battle. Sure, they've changed the vantage point. And yeah, there will probably be more flashy battle effects and such. But thus far, Black and White is honestly no different, graphic-wise, than the previous generation.

To be honest, that was a misuse of the word graphics on my half, I did mean perspective, but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to realise that graphics and perspective are different, rather stupid of me really. As you said, the graphics are exactly the same as in the prior DS games.

I don't really think that Black and White will be as successful as past games, not even as successful as Diamond and Pearl, the only reason it will be a success is because of the past games making it so, if you get what I mean. I mean that because of Diamond and Pearl being popular and offering more things such as Wifi battling, Black and White will be successful because it will be expected to live up to Diamond and Pearl at the least, but that's my own opinion on the subject.

I'm personally thinking that Nintendo are running out of ideas, I doubt that at any time in the future they will introduce a new type. If they were to, the only thing I think they could introduce is a Light type, but I don't know what they would make it super effective against, I mean, what would win between Light and Dark? Would it be that they would both hit each other super effectively or something? I have no idea, I personally believe that Nintendo would have introduced such a type a while ago if they were going to, therefore I believe it's never going to happen.

Not so long ago Zenox suggested that Nintendo should make dual type moves, quoting him here with "Muddy Water should be Ground and Water". It's quite possible for Nintendo but this is in the same area as Nintendo adding a new type to the game, if they were going to do so, I believe they would have done so a while back. In my opinion, this is never going to occur in a pokemon game either.

I don't even get what the Legendaries in these games are going to be based on, infact, it was a joke in Supah Nin10doh! that Nintendo had run out of ideas for the Origin of Legendaries in the games.

Red and Blue introduced us to Mew, the origin of all pokemon, and his mutated Clone, Mewtwo.

The lesser legendaries of this game being the Legendary Birds...Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Who as far as I know, can somewhat control the weather/season.

Gold and Silver gave us Ho-oh and Lugia, the former being the Guardian of the Skies (also being master of the Legendary Beasts), while the latter is the Guardian of the Seas (also being the master of the Legendary Birds). This generation gave us another legendary in the form of Celebi. Celebi has the ability to return all plant life to full health and can travel through time.

The trio in this game are the Legedary Beasts being Entei, Raikou and Suicune. Entei can cause a Volcane to erupt by roaring. Raikou can fire lightning from the clouds located on its back. Finally, Suicune can purify and walk across water. All three of them having rather limted mental powers.

Ruby and Sapphire brought us Groudon and Kyogre, the former being able to expand the continents. Whereas the latter is able to expand the seas. It also introduced introduced Rayquaza, the master of the weather pokemon, along with Deoxys, another Alien life form that as long as its crystal remains, can regenate it's entire body, whilst is can also transform to suit it's battling environment. Finally, Jirachi is as far as I believe, the first Alien lifeform we encounter in the series, that can grant a wish to someone once every 1000 years.

Sapphire's trio are the legendary golems. They are Regice, Regirock and Registeel. Regice has the power to keep the air around himself at -328 degree's F, and can survive after being submerged in Lava. Regirock can constantly repair itself to full health using any form of rock it could find. Last but not least, Registeel is composed of a metal so strongly bonded together that nothing known on the planet can scratch it.

Finally, Diamond and Pearl brought us Dialga and Palkia along with several other legendaries. Dialga is able to control Time itself; Palkia on the other hand, has the ability to control Space itself. Giratina - A is another Legendary with a dimension controlling ability and is considered to be of the antimatter dimensions usually. Giratina is able to travel through and control any dimension with the exceptions of Time and Space. Giratina - O is similar to Giratina - A, but the difference (I don't get how it's different though) is that it's able to travel through the alternate on it's own will. The final significant Legendary being Arcues, as we all know is the God of pokemon and creator of the Universe.

Getting to the lesser legendaries, there is Heatran who can stop Mt. Starks eruptions. Darkrai and Cresselia who are polar opposites, Darkrai causing Nightmares while Cresselia causes good dreams. Regigigas being the creater and controller of the 3 golems: Regice, Regirock and Registeel. Finally, Shaymin, who can purify any area instantly and cause a massive surge of plant life. The Psychic trio being Azelf, Mespirit and Uxie, who are in charge of willpower, emotion and knowledge respectively.

Sorry for that possibely massive off topic section, but it's to prove the point of the following. Where can Nitendo go next? They've covered the origin of all pokemon all the way through to the God of all pokemon, what's next to cover? I just don't understand what ideas Nintendo could possibly have left outside of legendaries that can control things such as life and death, or maybe something like love and hate, although the latter idea is unlikely.

Sorry for this rather lengthy and off topic post, but I just don't see what Nintendo could possibly have left up there sleeve for the legendaries, and therefore a large section of the plot of the 5th Generation. So for the reasons above, I doubt it will be as successful the prior generations. Although I will be wrong, because its Nintendo...-.-

P

Phantom Ganon

After looking through Serebii about the game and searching on the internet...
OH MY GOD. This is the actual NEXT Generation of Pokemon Gaming!
I mean I was astonished they remade Gold and Silver and the games were great but from what I'm reading online I am dumbfounded!
This is just a Pokemon phenomenon and as all you other guys may think as well, but I can't wait until I get my hands on some new battle sequences and them new pokes.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I can't stand how the new Pokemon look so far. T_T The starters are bad enough. The water and fire types just make me think "What the heck are they thinking..." and the grass one just looks like a digimon...

I think I'll get Pokemon Black, but if I don't like it, it will probably be the last Pokemon game I get. Pokemon used to be so great, but ever since the Sinnoh Pokemon came, all I could think is that they're making them too simple looking. >_<; I think they're spending too much time on the graphics (which I will say look amazing so far) and not enough time on creating the Pokemon.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Black and White

Just a quick question, are you excited for Black & White?! I personally am extremely excited about them, with the new battle scene, and a lot of other things. Also, if you are, which one are you going to get? I'm definitely getting Black.

Kybyrian

Black and White looks absolutely wonderful so far. I'm loving the different perspective they have going on. I can't wait to see the new Pokemon in all their glory. The new things they've got going on with the battles looks pretty sweet too.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly excited, per se. I do wanna get it, but I'm not planning on purchasing it the second it's released. I'm gonna see how easy this game is and play it without a walkthrough. I also hope that if there are any foreign Pokemon, such as Mankey, or Ledyba, I just hope Grimer and Heracross are two of them, otherwise I gotta fire up my Diamond again if I want my team on it. I'm also going to avoid as much spoiler content as I can, so that I can actually get a sense of exploration and see what I can go through with. I think I'm gonna choose the sea otter, just because I'm a water user. Though I'm probably going to eventually drop the starter and form a team out of the regional exclusives, and maybe trade it away for something I can't normally get.

✖J◎$Ⓗ⊥∧M0Ⓝ$⊥@✖

Me and my friend were discussing the topic yesterday. Don't the titles seem somewhat... offensive? And i thought it was pretty sad that they ran out of titles. Like they have named all of their game after stones and colors. I thought it was pretty sad that they ACTUALLY ran out of names.

Pokemon Red= Color
Pokemon Ruby= Stone
Pokemon Emerald= Stone
Pokemon Saphire= Stone
Pokemon Gold= Color
Pokemon Silver= Color
Pokemon Diamond= Stone
Pokemon Pearl= Stone
Pokemon Platinum= Color AND Stone (not much change tho :/

.... Do I need to continue?

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Gamefreak isn't racists, I just think they were running out of creativity, so they just made a simple title.

But I'm so excited for it! I mean, the screenshots look fantastic and the new pokemon look awesome. Who's getting White? (I am! And I'm not racist, but my brother's getting black and he wanted the other version, so he's making me ask my mom for white) And who's not going to wait for the US version and getting it in Japanese? (I am!)

✖J◎$Ⓗ⊥∧M0Ⓝ$⊥@✖

LOL I would getit in Japanese but i dont think that it will be easy to understand what they're saying :\ LOL Imight get it but idk i think i want to i'm leaning towards yes but idk yet

Kirino

Tatakae
Why is everyone saying they run out of ideas with the names?the agatonist wants to split pokemon and humans so its black and white.and Zekrom and Reshiram are like ying and yang.and im pretty sure the agatonist is gonna use them someway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom