• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Naga10/Funnygurl555

Hello why are there so many posts already! brb reading through so many pages.
This was only post #109 lmao, bruv if only you'd stayed long enough to see where this game was gonna go.

GOD. SO MANY POSTS.

Hey everyone. I have now read the whole thread and have many thoughts. My biggest takeaway is that not a lot has really happened in the last TWENTY ONE PAGES.

I think The Sun Fan's post was NAI, and I think that people like Minish and [someone who I can't remember and I can't find the posts now] way way way overread into it. My biggest takeaway is that Ex comes across as the scummiest person by wanting to lynch the Sun Fan in his moment of need.

Preliminary reads:

Rag hasn't really said anything except for randomly voting for people
Rubik is more active than I've ever seen him. Rubik is usually town, so this probably means he's scum.
Killjoy is the only one taking anything seriously.
funnier: posts a lot, hasn't really said a lot, except for taking offence to Jinjo's !
Exlight wants to lynch Sun Fan for being "like a rock in his shoe", so:

Vote: Exlight

Assorted posts:

3rd party slip?

Unexpected Canadian. This is a scumtell, trying to bribe us loyal subjects of the Queen.
Interesting reads list. It's awfully barebones, but seeing as this was only post #310 (I say only, actually a lot had happened by this point) and Naga was hella inactive, it's... fair enough. The Killjoy read is the most interesting one, because it's hardly true that Killjoy was the only one taking the game seriously at this point. I'll have to think about the Killjoy/Silverfish slot more as I read Funnygurl's posts because based on this one post, that looks like Naga/Killjoy scum partners. I don't remember what FG said about that slot so I'll keep this in the back of my mind as I go through her.

I've said before, but I don't think it's fair to say Minish and Lar overreacted to Sun's post. Literally, nothing else was happening. How in the world can you criticizing people for talking about literally the only discussion point as of that time? It's rather ludicrous to me.

Also not a big fan of the potential 3p hunting going on here. Typically I find scum want to find 3ps more than town, and are more inclined to notice little slips like that.

Not fond of this post from Naga.

Or that's what killjoys wants you to think.
This looks like w-w shade tbh.

You know, I think it was wrong to say that you were overreacting. What I meant was that what he said seemed very obviously not game related. I think too much was read into the implications for his role and why he would say that, instead of "hey are you okay man". Maybe this isn't as applicable to you, but that's the feel I got from responses in general.
Is this backpedaling? Kinda looks like backpedaling after Min pointed out that she didn't like the people saying her and Lar overreacted.
Honestly, Naga's 4 posts leave much to be desired. Funnygurl kind of subbed into a precarious slot, but let's keep going with fg's posts. In particular, I want to pay attention to how fg reads Killjoy (and vice versa when I ISO Killjoy/Silverfish) because Naga's posts give the impression of scum Naga=scum Killjoy.

920, 923, 925, 927, 929, 934, and 936 are all useless fluff. Didn't seem bad at the time, but even as a newly subbed player, 7 posts of fluff before getting into any actual content is a bit much. It's somewhat similar to what I said about Deku long ago, but in this case at least she was actually reading the thread while she made these fluff posts.

937 is FG's first post of content, and it's OK. She only actually responds to three people here, though she was only 10 pages in so that's understandable I suppose. I'm glad she didn't end up being one of the people to criticize Min and Lar for their reaction to Sun's weirdness, but I think to straight up townread Min for it is odd. Apparently Lar's more laid back approach at the start of the day was unusual for him?

943 Some decent mind melds here. I think this is a much better post to townread Min from, and FG's thoughts towards that post of Rubik's and Johnny's response to it echoed my own. I also like what she said about Rag here, despite the Lovers thing, because it's similar to how I felt after first reading Rag's ISO during D1.

948 Serious shade on Killjoy here. I feel like I should take back what I had said earlier about a Naga/Killjoy team, this doesn't look like bussing at all. That said, I don't fully agree, at least not with her just quoting these two specific Killjoy posts. If I just read those two, and knew Killjoy was a new player, the only thing that would jump out at me is the part about getting the tough guys out as quick as possible. Which, admittedly, is pretty sketch.

FG votes for Rag in 953. She says she's tunnelling on Rag, which... I mean it's not really a tunnel since she had only mentioned Rag in one prior post, but I digress. I can't complain too much seeing as I was also scumreading Rag around the time I presume FG was at in the thread at this point (but I could be wrong, I started townreading Rag after her post in which she doubled down on her Jinjo vote. Don't remember exactly when that was). Anyway this vote is interesting considering what we now know about Rag. If anything, I can say Rag and FG are not scum together, and by extension if FG is scum neither of Rag or Kirino are.

1047 I think FG actually has some decent responses here. The Poy read is fair and is kinda in line with how I'm reading Poy now. She points out the weirdness with Rubik's Lar read, which I also though was weird. Scumreads Kirino over something that I believe a couple other people scumread him for at the time, and continues tunnelling Rag over her 3p hunting. I find it a little funny that she scumreads them both in this post considering what we know about them now. I also find it interesting that she calls Rag out for 3p hunting when I thought I spotted Naga doing the same thing a little bit.

1048 Mind melds with Minish. I'm townreading Min atm so that looks fine to me. I notice FG's read of me has been rather inconsistent by this time though, and I'm not too sure what to make of it. I also don't really catch on to the way she reads my Rag ISO post here.

1210 Nice mind meld right off the bat seeing as I felt the exact same way about that particular post of Rag's. Also agreed regarding what FG says about Rubik here.

This is really the point at which I start noticing FG's reads get a bit inconsistent. For instance, she townreads me for my SMS post here despite having gone back and forth with me previously. At the top, she says she disagrees with Rag's push of Jinjo over the particular post Rag was speaking of, but doesn't explicitly say she's town; at the bottom of the post, she definitively calls Jinjo town over a post she had that was "HELLA pro-town". Just kinda feels like she's analyzing a lot of posts individually without really thinking about them in the context of the bigger picture. Anyone else get that impression? Or am I crazy?

FG removes her Rag vote in 1220 and puts in on SMS, explaining why in 1223. This is a fair vote I think, but it is a bit concerning that she doesn't take into account what SMS had said at the very start of the day regarding having info to clear Lar. She also rescinds the scum lean on Rag, which I guess is fair.

1225 Says D1 EoD vote count is a good thing to look at. Did she analyze it herself though? Or is she just expecting everyone else to do it for her?

Fair point against Killjoy/Silverfish in 1234 and 1235. Actually I really like what she said in the latter post regarding Killjoy sounding more confident when it came time to vote Sun Fan than he had been throughout the rest of the day. I hadn't thought about that before, but it's a very good point. Is FG someone who would bus like this?

The Johnny read in 1236 is interesting because in 943 Iinked above) she mind melds with Johnny but also indicates his parroting of Min and Lar as being something she wasn't fond of. I don't recall her mentioning really or quoting Johnny beyond this so it does leave me scratching my head a little bit.

I like the way she handled Rag and Kirino after the claim. She was along the same lines as me and some others in saying that we shouldn't lynch them but that we also shouldn't rule them out entirely from lying. She voted Silverfish, which I'm actually fine with because she'd been pretty suspicious of Killjoy throughout and provided good reasons for it. This was also before the whole Jinjo or Extension thing, and seeing as she subbed into a super active game I can definitely understand her wanting the extension.

1725 I like this because I noticed the same thing about Rubik.

Her last post was from about 17 hours ago, in which she said she was going to read Day 2 in its entirety. I look forward to that when it comes.

I retract what I said about a Naga/Killjoy team. I don't see FG voting Silverfish after the Lover claim if they are in cahoots.

As a whole, while I felt like early on some of FG's reads were a bit inconsistent, and it seemed like her effort decreased gradually about halfway through her reread, we've mind melded on a few things and she brought up some very good points about Killjoy.

Naga looked a bit scummy to me, but FG made the slot look better. I am eagerly anticipating her read and thoughts of D2, but for now I'll make her Green, though a weak green.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Also since I've committed myself to ISOing every living player, at least a little bit, can we use the full 48 hour extension? For my own sake? No way I'm finishing these in 2 1/2 hours lmao

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Also since I've committed myself to ISOing every living player, at least a little bit, can we use the full 48 hour extension? For my own sake? No way I'm finishing these in 2 1/2 hours lmao
I think you and minish were the ones who wanted to limit it to 24. If minish agrees I will too.

Otherwise, I don't want to go back on my word.

funnier6

Courage~
Can you please stop making up stories. On the spongebob mafia game my first post I literally said "Hi everyone! with a quote to SMS gif.
Can you not talk to me like I’m four
Heck to the no I have to be at work when day ends tomorrow

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Regarding the funnier wagon:

I agree he's been a bit more uncooperative than I'm used to him being. I just can't bring myself to be part of his lynch, if it happens. Not for any reason I feel like getting into here right now.

Basically, do what you want with him, but I won't be joining in.

Can you not talk to me like I’m four

Heck to the no I have to be at work when day ends tomorrow
Aight who are you lynching then if it remains tied approaching the 24 hour mark?

funnier6

Courage~
Regarding the funnier wagon:

I agree he's been a bit more uncooperative than I'm used to him being. I just can't bring myself to be part of his lynch, if it happens. Not for any reason I feel like getting into here right now.

Basically, do what you want with him, but I won't be joining in.

Aight who are you lynching then if it remains tied approaching the 24 hour mark?
We agreed on Jinjo yesterday, I see no reason to change it

funnier6

Courage~
@funnier6 can you explain where you're seeing all the scum motivation from Jinjo?
It's that from as soon as me and Rag even looked at her funny she suddenly has this epiphany that we're scum together and delivers all this reasoning which makes literal no sense but presents it as though she managed to make this huge discovery when it looked very much like her goal was simply to discredit me and Rag and slip out of actually addressing anything we were saying WHICH SHE DID. And if you look back at Pokemon Rival mafia you'll see she did a lot of the same things, with the focus on using scum reads as a way to get people she doesnt want around lynched and distract others from looking at her. The way she keeps sidestepping literally everything when I try to ask her things certainly doesnt look town motivated to me.

I'm not saying this is my strongest read ever but I dont have anything better atm
I felt like she tunneled in Portal (and yeah I'm probably gonna use that as reference a lot because I get a better sense of people when I communicate with them outside of the thread like with scumchats). Also I feel like tunneling like this is generally not scum motivated
As mentioned before I have read the entirety of her ISO in Portal and I just dont see it

I can agree its generally not scum motivated but it seems like it is for her

Anyway, do you have any better ideas

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Naga10/Funnygurl555

This was only post #109 lmao, bruv if only you'd stayed long enough to see where this game was gonna go.

Interesting reads list. It's awfully barebones, but seeing as this was only post #310 (I say only, actually a lot had happened by this point) and Naga was hella inactive, it's... fair enough. The Killjoy read is the most interesting one, because it's hardly true that Killjoy was the only one taking the game seriously at this point. I'll have to think about the Killjoy/Silverfish slot more as I read Funnygurl's posts because based on this one post, that looks like Naga/Killjoy scum partners. I don't remember what FG said about that slot so I'll keep this in the back of my mind as I go through her.

I've said before, but I don't think it's fair to say Minish and Lar overreacted to Sun's post. Literally, nothing else was happening. How in the world can you criticizing people for talking about literally the only discussion point as of that time? It's rather ludicrous to me.

Also not a big fan of the potential 3p hunting going on here. Typically I find scum want to find 3ps more than town, and are more inclined to notice little slips like that.

Not fond of this post from Naga.

This looks like w-w shade tbh.

Is this backpedaling? Kinda looks like backpedaling after Min pointed out that she didn't like the people saying her and Lar overreacted.
Honestly, Naga's 4 posts leave much to be desired. Funnygurl kind of subbed into a precarious slot, but let's keep going with fg's posts. In particular, I want to pay attention to how fg reads Killjoy (and vice versa when I ISO Killjoy/Silverfish) because Naga's posts give the impression of scum Naga=scum Killjoy.

920, 923, 925, 927, 929, 934, and 936 are all useless fluff. Didn't seem bad at the time, but even as a newly subbed player, 7 posts of fluff before getting into any actual content is a bit much. It's somewhat similar to what I said about Deku long ago, but in this case at least she was actually reading the thread while she made these fluff posts.

937 is FG's first post of content, and it's OK. She only actually responds to three people here, though she was only 10 pages in so that's understandable I suppose. I'm glad she didn't end up being one of the people to criticize Min and Lar for their reaction to Sun's weirdness, but I think to straight up townread Min for it is odd. Apparently Lar's more laid back approach at the start of the day was unusual for him?

943 Some decent mind melds here. I think this is a much better post to townread Min from, and FG's thoughts towards that post of Rubik's and Johnny's response to it echoed my own. I also like what she said about Rag here, despite the Lovers thing, because it's similar to how I felt after first reading Rag's ISO during D1.

948 Serious shade on Killjoy here. I feel like I should take back what I had said earlier about a Naga/Killjoy team, this doesn't look like bussing at all. That said, I don't fully agree, at least not with her just quoting these two specific Killjoy posts. If I just read those two, and knew Killjoy was a new player, the only thing that would jump out at me is the part about getting the tough guys out as quick as possible. Which, admittedly, is pretty sketch.

FG votes for Rag in 953. She says she's tunnelling on Rag, which... I mean it's not really a tunnel since she had only mentioned Rag in one prior post, but I digress. I can't complain too much seeing as I was also scumreading Rag around the time I presume FG was at in the thread at this point (but I could be wrong, I started townreading Rag after her post in which she doubled down on her Jinjo vote. Don't remember exactly when that was). Anyway this vote is interesting considering what we now know about Rag. If anything, I can say Rag and FG are not scum together, and by extension if FG is scum neither of Rag or Kirino are.

1047 I think FG actually has some decent responses here. The Poy read is fair and is kinda in line with how I'm reading Poy now. She points out the weirdness with Rubik's Lar read, which I also though was weird. Scumreads Kirino over something that I believe a couple other people scumread him for at the time, and continues tunnelling Rag over her 3p hunting. I find it a little funny that she scumreads them both in this post considering what we know about them now. I also find it interesting that she calls Rag out for 3p hunting when I thought I spotted Naga doing the same thing a little bit.

1048 Mind melds with Minish. I'm townreading Min atm so that looks fine to me. I notice FG's read of me has been rather inconsistent by this time though, and I'm not too sure what to make of it. I also don't really catch on to the way she reads my Rag ISO post here.

1210 Nice mind meld right off the bat seeing as I felt the exact same way about that particular post of Rag's. Also agreed regarding what FG says about Rubik here.

This is really the point at which I start noticing FG's reads get a bit inconsistent. For instance, she townreads me for my SMS post here despite having gone back and forth with me previously. At the top, she says she disagrees with Rag's push of Jinjo over the particular post Rag was speaking of, but doesn't explicitly say she's town; at the bottom of the post, she definitively calls Jinjo town over a post she had that was "HELLA pro-town". Just kinda feels like she's analyzing a lot of posts individually without really thinking about them in the context of the bigger picture. Anyone else get that impression? Or am I crazy?

FG removes her Rag vote in 1220 and puts in on SMS, explaining why in 1223. This is a fair vote I think, but it is a bit concerning that she doesn't take into account what SMS had said at the very start of the day regarding having info to clear Lar. She also rescinds the scum lean on Rag, which I guess is fair.

1225 Says D1 EoD vote count is a good thing to look at. Did she analyze it herself though? Or is she just expecting everyone else to do it for her?

Fair point against Killjoy/Silverfish in 1234 and 1235. Actually I really like what she said in the latter post regarding Killjoy sounding more confident when it came time to vote Sun Fan than he had been throughout the rest of the day. I hadn't thought about that before, but it's a very good point. Is FG someone who would bus like this?

The Johnny read in 1236 is interesting because in 943 Iinked above) she mind melds with Johnny but also indicates his parroting of Min and Lar as being something she wasn't fond of. I don't recall her mentioning really or quoting Johnny beyond this so it does leave me scratching my head a little bit.

I like the way she handled Rag and Kirino after the claim. She was along the same lines as me and some others in saying that we shouldn't lynch them but that we also shouldn't rule them out entirely from lying. She voted Silverfish, which I'm actually fine with because she'd been pretty suspicious of Killjoy throughout and provided good reasons for it. This was also before the whole Jinjo or Extension thing, and seeing as she subbed into a super active game I can definitely understand her wanting the extension.

1725 I like this because I noticed the same thing about Rubik.

Her last post was from about 17 hours ago, in which she said she was going to read Day 2 in its entirety. I look forward to that when it comes.

I retract what I said about a Naga/Killjoy team. I don't see FG voting Silverfish after the Lover claim if they are in cahoots.

As a whole, while I felt like early on some of FG's reads were a bit inconsistent, and it seemed like her effort decreased gradually about halfway through her reread, we've mind melded on a few things and she brought up some very good points about Killjoy.

Naga looked a bit scummy to me, but FG made the slot look better. I am eagerly anticipating her read and thoughts of D2, but for now I'll make her Green, though a weak green.

Funnygurl will absolutely bus especially if she feels like ghosting the game for the next 20 hours. She's also been known to tell partners to bus her for cred to win games.

I'm not trying to change your mind on the town read but if it ever came to the wire I wouldn't clear her for lynching scum, especially when it doesn't have any work put into it prior.

I too look forward to her reread but realistically speaking we probably never get it regardless of her alignment. I am hoping she spikes up her activity and at least makes comments on current affairs though. Not a good look if she doesnt

Killkoy/Silv- @Silverfish bruh you have been scum before right? Can you link me a game?
Uh... Once. And that game didn't finish... But I mean, I did get killed off so...
There you go. Enjoy the awkwardness and intense slowness of home.

You people post too much while I'm at work. The good news is, I'm here now and should be here if we still go for tomorrow, though is sounds like there is a push for a Jinjo hammer. Speaking of, I snagged a quote on my way here.
Did you see funnier's reads? He put me, Poyzin, Killjoy, CyanicalSquid as scum. So from what he is saying he says the scum team are within me, Poyzin, Killjoy/Silver, and CyanicalSquid. The weird thing I saw on day 2 was when Cyanical was voting Poyzin and if funnier wanted to lynched his scum leans then why did he not even hop on the Poyzin wagon when at the time funnier was the only person who was voting me.
We is back to tunneling on Funnier. Though he does bring up a good point, why not jump on the Poy wagon? I saw Lar adressed it, and I have to agree that it didn't strike me as weird at the time, but I admittedly glossed over it. It strikes me as a "there's bigger fish to fry" move, as Pay hasn't been the most active which makes him less of a threat overall.

Anyway. I find I give better thoughts if I'm here while stuff is happening, so I'll be here for a while.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 3 (Johnny Sooshi, MixMasterLar, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Jinjo - 2 (funnier6, Kirino)
Poyzin - 1 (CynicalSquid)
Silverfish - 1 (Funnygurl555)
funnier6 - 3 (Rubik, Morbid Minish, Jinjo)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Ragnarokio)

Not voting - Captan_Lunch, Poyzin, Mellow Ezlo, Silverfish

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, June 19th 2020 at 7:00 PM EST.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I'm not super impressed with Rubik but he's doing a lot better and trying. I think the only way Rubik is scum here is if he's partner with Jinjo and frankly my arguments against Rag/Kirino too strong for me to serious vote that way

unvote

Vote: Ragnarokio

I'm asking for people to switch off of Rubik for a Rag lynch

@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Jinjo

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not super impressed with Rubik but he's doing a lot better and trying. I think the only way Rubik is scum here is if he's partner with Jinjo and frankly my arguments against Rag/Kirino too strong for me to serious vote that way

unvote

Vote: Ragnarokio

I'm asking for people to switch off of Rubik for a Rag lynch

@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Jinjo
Like honestly can we lynch literally anyone but claimed lovers

funnier6

Courage~
We is back to tunneling on Funnier. Though he does bring up a good point, why not jump on the Poy wagon? I saw Lar adressed it, and I have to agree that it didn't strike me as weird at the time, but I admittedly glossed over it. It strikes me as a "there's bigger fish to fry" move, as Pay hasn't been the most active which makes him less of a threat overall.
You could just, yknow, ask me

Appreciate the link btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom