• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
TBH Bare bones reads from anyone is anti-town play and can be seen as scummy. ZD seems to have this thing where if people have played bad as town before then that somehow clears them from being in the wrong for continuing to do it.

Stahp eet.
I mean, on D1 I don't ever grasp at straws on inactives. I wasn't going to make a case that Deku was scum because he talked about waffle house, lol. Or that Poyzin was scum because he was only really around for RVS.

Anyway, expect a full reads list tomorrow evening.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Rag said she doesn't remember funnier voting her and I'm not buying this because Pen has been actively spamming vote counts.

to what end do you think i'm lying about not noticing funnier's vote on me?

I saw somewhere mentioning he can vig kill. This makes me think scum wanted to get rid of SunFan so that way they don't have to worry on getting killed at night. Normally when I'm mafia I would try to lynch an sk as soon as possible so that way my scum buddies and I don't have to worry on getting killed by an sk at night.

he could not kill at night

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I mean, on D1 I don't ever grasp at straws on inactives. I wasn't going to make a case that Deku was scum because he talked about waffle house, lol. Or that Poyzin was scum because he was only really around for RVS.

Anyway, expect a full reads list tomorrow evening.

The argument against poyzin isnt that he posted about waffle house, it's that he didn't post anything pro-town when he coupd and the proof that he could is he posted about waffle house. Come on dude.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The argument against poyzin isnt that he posted about waffle house, it's that he didn't post anything pro-town when he coupd and the proof that he could is he posted about waffle house. Come on dude.
I was talking about Deku regarding Waffle house, yes he could have done anything besides posting that but Deku does weird stuff and its NAI

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Reading back Jesus Christ I'm so glad ExLight is out of the picture because his petty childish revenge fantasy would just about dominate the conversation and we wouldn't get any work done.

Anyway:

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am by Sun's point against SMS.

In general, he tends to be active and contributes as town, and lately, he's even consistently been among the top posters. By contrast, he's barely posted this game and has had very few reads: even those were forced out of him, came across as obvious and sheeped, and largely went unexplained. In particular, his suspicion of Sun was weak and shifting. First, it was because he was "tunneling Rubik," something he never explained and failed to mention at all in his two subsequent posts on the matter. He then brought up Sun's vote on Ex, which, while annoying, isn't necessarily scummy, nor did he ever explain why it was. Then, in his latest post, he explains his suspicion as follows: "I thought you were acting weird and scummy." In general, he's playing in a way that's completely opposite from his town meta, which I think he has very little ability to fake, and his contributions have been sporadic and weak.

I think I have a pretty solid scum read against SMS at this point, so there's no reason to go for lesser options like Sun, especially when he's started to meaningfully contribute. I know it's not a great look to be shifting my opinions like this, and it'll probably look like I'm just sheeping Sun. But I think this is a good move.

Unvote

Vote: SMS

If we're going to keep Sun alive, as doubtful as that's looking, then we should probably decide on what we want him to do. Immobilize seems like a good choice.
Other then Sun, Leslie makes the first push on the counter wagon. Wolves would know Sun's third party here and there's not much reason to try and make such a big push at this point in the game. While I guess scum would love a town mislynch and another "free" phase afterwards were we basically agree too early to solve SunFan, i think this is probably a town looking at the field and trying to make the better lynch.

Mello comes in afterwards and agrees to an extent. This also looks pretty decent but obviously not as much.

that should put the vote at 5-4 right now.

its true that SMS has offered little today and although i don't know much about his meta, I'll trust others if they're saying this is typical for his scum meta.

I'd still rather lynch sun today because I think he's scum and it'll leave an uncomfortable feeling in my belly if he's left alive for an extended period of time, but his role does seem admittedly useful to town for at least a day or two, so i may still switch, particularly if its necessary to break a tie.

Rag was conscience of a tie from over an hour out.
She does seem hesitant and entertains moving off but doesn't. Being wishy-washy is normally seen as a wolf trait, but I think I see what SunFan saw when he said "wrong town". Rag's paying attention and making what she felt was the better lynch. I agreed with the lynch at the time and still so, so Rag looks fine here.

Buy if people not looking fine:
With what, nearly 30ish minutes left and the amount of people that went after him today, do you really think Sunfan would really be willing to try and help town? I could tell by his tone he was, "mad" is an understatement. Yes he could 'just tell Pen sama"I'm done hand my spot over to silverfish.'" But this late in D0, I find it pointless.

What's more, didn't y'all say it was odd for him to say:

then dismiss it? Now he's throwing a tantrum because he's going to get lynched?

Yes I understand his anger, I'd be irate if I were the first to get hit. But I wouldn't be all "I hope no one wins!" (yes I'm paraphrasing.

Re-reading this just seems like an unironic sheep from a newbie, almost a best hits collection of reasons if only he added "we need info from it" as a line. I hate hate hate hate that he subbed out because I would grill him to step up his opting this phase. I get he's knew but when you're the least believable on a wagon that includes ExLight that's gotta be addressed.

Silverfish has his slot, so I look forwardto the work he does.

This tells me everything. Revenge shouldn't be a reason for lynching!

For not wholly secretive reasons I almost want to lock Min as townsided for this, but I don't really believe Giri was the wolf kill.

==========

I think I'll sheep SunFan's read on Rag right now.

....i probably should also sheep the SMS read too but I'm not 100% on it yet. We'll see.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I was talking about Deku regarding Waffle house, yes he could have done anything besides posting that but Deku does weird stuff and its NAI

Yeah not sure why I said Poyzin there

And again, the argument isn't weird stuff but lack of trying to generate useful stuff

Unless you define lack of trying as just "weird" and honestly you should demand better from your fellow forum players imho.

I have completed my first run through in a feeble attempt to catch up. By this, I mean I read every other page at far too high of speeds to comprehend more than important parts unless there was something very interesting that made me read the one directly in front of it. As such, all thoughts are subject to change as I go actually crawl through things, but I wanted to try and get something done before sleep.

So. This far, Funnier and Kirino seem to be annoyingly in sync, which would indicate to me that neither is scum and both would not be stupid enough to team scumpost.

Minish feels like Minish, which is to say probably town, but it's also still minish we're talking about.

The panda/pug dude stuck out to me for unknown reasons. Maybe it was the avatar. Ah yes, Ezlo is the name. Wait, is that tristan? Does that make the panda the sloth?

The brain would like me to continue the trend of thinking Rag and SMS are the same person, despite there being no similarities whatsoever. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please let the department of the brain know.

I also have very little clue what is going on now with Lar even after reading SoD at least three times. Maybe not-exhausted brain will be better at it in the morning. Something is fishy, not with Lar exactly, but surrounding his posts. Maybe it is his posts, maybe it's the responses. I'll do the smart thing and reread it in the morning with everything else before making a final call.

We have a funnygurl555 and a funnier6. Which one came first? The chicken or the egg?

Exhausted brain will do it's best to answer things for a little bit. Then it shall rest and I will try and post better content in the morning.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Speaking of demanding better I guess I'll try not to be a hypocrite and follow suit

Vote: Rubik

you can't have another phase that lackluster again and no, people telling me that you're simply this bad as town isn't gonna make me unvote you're gonna have to step it up

And I'm extended my lovely form of mafia aggression to the low posters too.

ok so i've read page 1 and here are my thoughts. i spoiled it in order to not clutter the thread. prepare yourselves

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom