• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 3 (Johnny Sooshi, MixMasterLar, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Jinjo - 2 (funnier6, Kirino)
Poyzin - 1 (CynicalSquid)
Silverfish - 1 (Funnygurl555)
funnier6 - 3 (Rubik, Morbid Minish, Jinjo)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Ragnarokio)

Not voting - Captan_Lunch, Poyzin, Mellow Ezlo, Silverfish

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, June 19th 2020 at 7:00 PM EST.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
No one would have protected you or funnier since most of the players were not town reading both of you. You saw how there was a wagon on funnier and then the votes switched to SMS and Sun Fan.

Did you see funnier's reads? He put me, Poyzin, Killjoy, CyanicalSquid as scum. So from what he is saying he says the scum team are within me, Poyzin, Killjoy/Silver, and CyanicalSquid. The weird thing I saw on day 2 was when Cyanical was voting Poyzin and if funnier wanted to lynched his scum leans then why did he not even hop on the Poyzin wagon when at the time funnier was the only person who was voting me.

This is goalpost moving but sure I'll bite

Everyone's reads have changed somewhat and Poyzin wasn't even his strongest IIRC. Also Poyzin's inactivity.

In real time it didn't stick out to me as weird.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
This This This. When you state an opinion it's good town play to give as many reasons for that opinion as you can. Town benefits the most from information and only in 5% of cases concerning roles is keeping opinions to yourself worth it. You hurt town by just making statments with no additional thoughts.

There is a reason your host has to ban us stating certain things: when town knows more they win easier. Don't hold back what we are allowed to say, that really is just being lazy at best and no funnier I don't care if you think it's not relevant that's for the thread to ultimately decide. If it influences your read then post it.

There's a bit of this post nested in a quote chain of replies about Stratego here I think I should respond to a bit (you can read it by clicking the link).

Good scum will quickly lay the foundations for developing a strong town rapport to make it harder to lynch them. Your early D1 interactions with sun read to me, at the time, like you were trying to lay down false town/town interactions with him so that you'd look good later in the game.

There are a lot of innocuous statements that a player can make that can seed the idea that they're town into the minds of players subconsciously and I felt like you were doing that at the time. I don't think that's a realistic possibility now unless sms flips red, in which case I'd have to revisit my original opinion.

I know you want specific examples of things you said or things other players have said that ping me, but it's not really something I like to break down too much. An example of something that might be a scum tell for me is "_ is scum or I'll eat my hat." It's a post that gets caught up in the mindset of a townie who is self-assured, but it's easily replicated by decently good scum to feign the appearance of genuine town. There are a lot of posts that people also like to slip in as scum that they can look back at the end of game and laugh at, I recall one such post from sun in Anime 2 that I latched on to during the game as a scum tell but I can't quote because ISOing that thread is broken.

I hope this explains my mindset a bit better.

I'm not super familiar with your play (we shared like a single game) and you were giving me vibes that remind me of sun's scum play with some of your posts and that was why I was scum reading you early D1. It's decently likely it was a false flag, so I'm sorry for tunneling as much as I did on the read.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Would have to be actual content there to evaulate

But I do feel like if there's 4 wolves then probably 2 of them are slanking.

Rather the two active are Rag/Kirino or Rubik/Jinjo is the real question here.

Or the game for that matter, it seems.
You were a wagon for a reason, after all.
Trying to split things 2/2 like that is just superstitious pattern making that comes kind of naturally to people, but doesn't really reflect reality. The odds of 1/3 and 3/1 are also fairly substantial. 4/0 and 0/4 are very unlikely, but still possible.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
You were a wagon for a reason, after all.

a lot of reasons, really. Don't think anyone was voting me for lack of effort though.

No one would have protected you or funnier since most of the players were not town reading both of you. You saw how there was a wagon on funnier and then the votes switched to SMS and Sun Fan.

there were two votes on each of me and funnier iirc. four players isn't "most of the town". Those players also may have been voting us not becuase they thought we were scum but for other reasons, like to pressure us. Their feelings may have also changed before the end of the day. With that said, the opinion of the majority of the town doesn't matter, only the opinion of the doctor. Funnier is probably a high priority target for a lot of players because he's active and considered a strong player and so he'd be a high priority for the NK if he was town. I would probably be much lower priority but its still possible that giri who seemed pretty unengaged in the game had a gut town read on me or something for some reason and decided to target me, and that the scum read into something i said and thought i might have been a mason.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
There's a bit of this post nested in a quote chain of replies about Stratego here I think I should respond to a bit (you can read it by clicking the link).

Good scum will quickly lay the foundations for developing a strong town rapport to make it harder to lynch them. Your early D1 interactions with sun read to me, at the time, like you were trying to lay down false town/town interactions with him so that you'd look good later in the game.

There are a lot of innocuous statements that a player can make that can seed the idea that they're town into the minds of players subconsciously and I felt like you were doing that at the time. I don't think that's a realistic possibility now unless sms flips red, in which case I'd have to revisit my original opinion.

I know you want specific examples of things you said or things other players have said that ping me, but it's not really something I like to break down too much. An example of something that might be a scum tell for me is "_ is scum or I'll eat my hat." It's a post that gets caught up in the mindset of a townie who is self-assured, but it's easily replicated by decently good scum to feign the appearance of genuine town. There are a lot of posts that people also like to slip in as scum that they can look back at the end of game and laugh at, I recall one such post from sun in Anime 2 that I latched on to during the game as a scum tell but I can't quote because ISOing that thread is broken.

I hope this explains my mindset a bit better.

I'm not super familiar with your play (we shared like a single game) and you were giving me vibes that remind me of sun's scum play with some of your posts and that was why I was scum reading you early D1. It's decently likely it was a false flag, so I'm sorry for tunneling as much as I did on the read.

None of this matters 100 hours after the fact

You've seen me that you could have given a better answer at the time had you gave a ****, which means at the time you literally didn't give a ****.

I'm not even remotely interested in what you have to say on that subject now that the time to say it is far into the distant past. At the time, you had no reason and thought you where playing well enough to not engage im good faith: that's what happened and don't insult me by walking it back only now that it looks like you're gonna die for it.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
a lot of reasons, really. Don't think anyone was voting me for lack of effort though.

there were two votes on each of me and funnier iirc. four players isn't "most of the town". Those players also may have been voting us not becuase they thought we were scum but for other reasons, like to pressure us. Their feelings may have also changed before the end of the day. With that said, the opinion of the majority of the town doesn't matter, only the opinion of the doctor. Funnier is probably a high priority target for a lot of players because he's active and considered a strong player and so he'd be a high priority for the NK if he was town. I would probably be much lower priority but its still possible that giri who seemed pretty unengaged in the game had a gut town read on me or something for some reason and decided to target me, and that the scum read into something i said and thought i might have been a mason.

Indeed, that wine in front of you sure is wine.

You said funnier would probably have a high priority target and on day 1 there were other players who were getting town read more on day 1 and I don't recall anyone putting a town read on funnier except for Sun Fan and ExLight.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
None of this matters 100 hours after the fact

You've seen me that you could have given a better answer at the time had you gave a ****, which means at the time you literally didn't give a ****.

I'm not even remotely interested in what you have to say on that subject now that the time to say it is far into the distant past. At the time, you had no reason and thought you where playing well enough to not engage im good faith: that's what happened and don't insult me by walking it back only now that it looks like you're gonna die for it.
Your post was nested in a quote and I missed it.

If you want to lose because of a grudge that's entirely your prerogative.

I don't expect to die for my read on you.

funnier6

Courage~
I literally cannot find the post where I said Jinjo had done the exclamation point opening before, Lar assures me it existed at one point soooo I just dunno

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Indeed, that wine in front of you sure is wine.

i feel like you're probably misusing WIFOM but it also doesn't matter. The point was to demonstrate feasible cases in which I or funnier could have been targeted by giri and the NK. I don't think its likely, its just possible. (and in funnier's case the odds are non-negligible imo).

You said funnier would probably have a high priority target and on day 1 there were other players who were getting town read more on day 1 and I don't recall anyone putting a town read on funnier except for Sun Fan and ExLight.

the player who was townread by the most players isn't the one who gets doctored. The doctor usually picks the person they think will most likely be targeted by the mafia, and although the general impression of the town plays into that, so do a lot of other things. In this case though, the only thing that matters is giri's perspective. Who was giri townreading? A quick iso suggests that they didn't publically express any of their townreads. As someone who wasn't following the game its entirely feasible that they decided to protect the most active player that night because they thought that was a low-effort way to make a decent guess at who the mafia might target. Its also possible that something funnier said left a good impression on them, or that something a more active player said left a bad impression on them. There are a lot of feasible reasons (in my opinion) that both giri and the mafia would potentially want to target funnier.

If you don't agree with my theory that's fine though. There are different ways of approaching the game. Its definitely the case that some players as scum will kill the most active or the strongest town players though, and any doctor who knows that will potentially then also protect the most active or strongest players.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I really don't remember seeing it but I admit I could have missed it, especially if it happened the other day when I didn't really post. I mostly wanted to find it for my own curiosity. Since I did continue to talk about it after he potentially rescinded it.

I literally cannot find the post where I said Jinjo had done the exclamation point opening before, Lar assures me it existed at one point soooo I just dunno

Can you please stop making up stories. On the spongebob mafia game my first post I literally said "Hi everyone! with a quote to SMS gif.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Can you please stop making up stories. On the spongebob mafia game my first post I literally said "Hi everyone! with a quote to SMS gif.

He's saying he can't find the post where he himself had said he found an example of you doing that. Not that he couldn't find you doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom