• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
ok so i've read page 1 and here are my thoughts. i spoiled it in order to not clutter the thread. prepare yourselves

maxresdefault.jpg
NnJvWBy.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I mean, on D1 I don't ever grasp at straws on inactives. I wasn't going to make a case that Deku was scum because he talked about waffle house, lol. Or that Poyzin was scum because he was only really around for RVS.

Anyway, expect a full reads list tomorrow evening.
I wasn't scumreading Poy for only being around at RVS, I was scumreading him for his inconsistent tone.

Although, that said, it's funny you mention that because only being around for RVS is a perfectly valid reason to scumread someone.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I wasn't scumreading Poy for only being around at RVS, I was scumreading him for his inconsistent tone.

Although, that said, it's funny you mention that because only being around for RVS is a perfectly valid reason to scumread someone.
He clearly got busy though and was going to nearly sub out from the looks of it.

think i made it to page 10

Unvote

Yeah, I do agree that Rubik was a bit defensive over something that I certainly read as a piece of D1 silliness. Not sure how telling it is at this point but it is noteworthy.

Anyway, I would like to bring attention to the 1 role claim a day rule. Seeing as all of Pen's previous games have been role madness, this one definitely is too. Fakeclaims would be very hard to pull off in this setup, seeing as every possible role that could appear are outlined in the OP (meaning there is always a chance of being counterclaimed), so role claims are going to be very telling. For this reason, the one daily roleclaim should always be reserved for someone who would truly benefit from it, and claiming without a real reason to do so will likely not be in town's best interests. It also seems like Pen will be fairly strict in regards to softclaims so we should all tread carefully if anybody intends to softclaim at any time.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I'm heading out for a few hours so laterz y'all.

i don't like this because talking about mechanics at length in the beginning of the game is a good way to appear like you're contributing. woof points

To be honest I'm not sure SunFan is being sincere here

If he didn't really care and wanted to have fun then why completely ignore my last post? Yeah i get anyone not familiar with BEMANI passing on that (even though it makes me sad) but I would have a hardtime believeing SunFan doesn't at least have an idea of what those nouns mean---at least enough to either tease me or make airs dismissing it.

Instead I am expected to believe that "I don't care about the game I just wanna have fun SunFan" saw that, and figured he'd make an effort post explaining to us how he just wants to have fun and it's totally not indicative of alignment or anything guys it's just a mood i would explain but c'mon

Let's just say as a tone read I would Gun-to-Head vote him for it if it was End of Day. As it is, I just hope this isn't a sign that he'll be a low poster this phase.

[Checks preview]

I...think I see what you're saying?
I won't consider this a copout, but my previous sentlements stand
Ok, for the sake of argument lets say for a sec none of that ****post mattered to you and as soon as you saw it wasn't important you stopped reading it. Fine. Guessing half the game has/will do just that.

So how does you bringing up your disillusionment to playing the game help you get over that hurdle, especially since you seem hesitant to really talk about it?

Like I hate the idea you could be sincere here and the one time you open up a bit I just turn around and call you a wolf but....if that's the case then I'm a ****ty friend because as I sit here in this moment it just seems off to men especially since, from my point of view, there was a more lighthearted way to engage the thread at the time.

i don't know what to think of mml's tone from the first 10 pages. i'm used to angry lar and instead i had someone who like keeps joking around. like... huh. are you a wolf lmfao

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about in that post. Can we still get along in that case or nah?

This is a good post. It did feel out of character for sunfan. Maybe it's the tone of the post since I'm not used to sunfan taking on a more serious tone.

@The Sun Fan why did you feel the need to explain that's how you will be this game? I don't necessarily see how you having fun this game will appear different than any other game you play. Because you definitely seem more jokey all the time. I mean even your opening posts were talking like a pirate which I assume is going with the having fun part and no one thought anything of it (at least they didn't say if they did).

I guess it's just a bit strange to say that you don't care about dying this game, but give explanation to why you might seem weird this game. An explanation only seems necessary if you don't want people to lynch you for being different. But even then I don't think you would appear much different.

I'm in the same boat as Lar here. The post definitely felt strange, but it would be kinda sucky if sunfan is just trying to expand how he views/plays the game for personal reasons and here I am criticizing it. I know sunfan isn't exactly above AtE, but this could just be sincere.

town. and mml before you come at me with "BUT SHE'S AGREEING WITH ME" like, ik, and i think your point was good, but i'm not used to seeing you like this. don't get me wrong it's cool though

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Let's check back on those votss

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:
The Sun Fan - 6 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, MixMasterLar, Ragnarokio, Johnny Sooshi, Killjoy)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)

Ex was town, I'm town, I like Rag and Sun Fan thought highly if her, I think SMS could be town more likely then not

So if there's wolves on SunFan's wagon it's either Johnny, Killjoy or both. Well I guess it wouldn't totally blow my mind if ir's SMS but I bet one of Johnny and Killjoy are always a wolf here. Killjoy subbed out but we need to demand more from Johnny.

ExLight - 1 (naga10)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)

Some wasted votes that look really bad imho, if for no other reason then for being complacency votes---these didn't come with a case or anything. I'll risk tunnelvision amd say it looks worst on Rubik here.

Spiritual Mask Salesman - 4 (The Sun Fan, Kirino, Mellow Ezlo, Morbid Minish)

SunFan cleared, kirino looked good, didnt hate Mellow's case and Min was just tryong to save 3rd party for reasons i don't really agree with.
Hey, could be a pure wagon but I just feel lile thats too easy. If I had to suspect pne of them then probably Mellow.

Not voting - Jinjo, DekuNut, DawningWinds, Poyzin, Giri

Not voting is the worst man

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Based on D1 I'm gonna do this for now

Vote: Rubik

Rubik was very inconsistent yesterday. He started off by disliking the Sun wagon, and flip flopped 2 to 3 times on it, settling on "Sun is not a great lynch". The key here is that he stayed on Deku when a switch to either of the main wagons could have solidified the lunch on Sun or SMS (via Rag switch). If I had a guess, I'd say non-committal scum trying to stay off a wagon. Could be either one, or both.

to what end do you think i'm lying about not noticing funnier's vote on me?

Pen has been posting so many vote counts. I posted 11 vote counts where it shows funnier voting you for almost 48 hours and how could you not even notice funnier's vote on you?

I've barely done anything and am already suspicious. I can't find the appropriate response as I can't claim a new record given I didn't incriminate myself this time. Actually, I'm kinda peeved about it for once. Incriminating myself is my thing! No one else gets to do that!

I'm just not a fan of you saying that we should only try to figure sunfan out with roles. Especially when you don't tend to like to rely on roles usually.

this was in response to funnier. dammmmnnn ok minish is town hella town. and i was town reading funnier 'til i saw this and now i'm at null.. which iguess most people are at

Why is sun the biggest d1 wagon?

I feel like it's a bad idea to kill strong players d1.

SCUMMY. asking people to make a case. making a read based on something that didn't happen in game

This is a bad take. The game has multiple strong players. Discrediting a potential scum read cause "muh strong player" is inherently scummy. Ran into this situation before in previous games, it's always scum saying this.

good. mind meld. though him parroting mml and minish wasn't something i really liked

I'm also often a fan of avoiding lynching strong players although its not because i'm afraid of strong scum players, but rather because i'm afraid of weak town players.
while strength of the player might be a consideration in deciding a lynch though, it should probably never be the primary factor.

scummy. and this is scummy because of the language used. rag is avoiding talking about players and instead talks about their general strategy. when people lie they try to distance themselves from whom they're lying about/to. so in mafia, i'd think that if someone's reads aren't genuine, they'd naturally pivot towards generalizations instead of adding specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom