• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Path of Radiance Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
honestly I have no clue what you're talking about wrt the rest of that though
I do a thing where I don't give in depth thoughts? What do you mean? The one where I look at someone's posts and give a snap alignment read, then nobody actually asks me about it and they just blame me instead? I'm sorry, I didn't realize this game was about sitting in an armchair analyzing other people and never actually interacting with them

it's just straight up stupid to say people can't point out explicitly scummy things even in a vacuum
townies do scummy stuff too, even good ones, otherwise a player would never be mislynched
the most important thing in identifying the difference is the thought process behind it and whether they're acting with intent to solve or intent to act like they're solving, which is really hard to do, which, again, if it wasn't, nobody would ever be mislynched
scumtells exist, but when players call something out as a scumtell they aren't generally using it to mean the player is guaranteed scum. This is why.

If I had any remotely reliable meta, I would not have gotten mislynched, and I would have died day 1 in the ONE GAME I ROLLED SCUM
but hey, you're so good at this game, grats on getting my meta figured out after one wolf game!

You're cherrypicking behavior from a singular game and trying to use it to model my town behavior. I would honestly be more impressed by a "moe never shows up day 1 as town" read because that's statistically more accurate, even though it's got nothing to do with alignment and everything to do with how this forum runs games.

I'm saying this without trying to be in any way self-important, but I don't think I have any discernable meta tells. I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. The people who are the most right on me are the ones who town read me every single game, because at rand that's roughly a 75% chance that they're right. You can't do better than that. Funnier has come at me over and over with various tells, sometimes jokes sometimes not and none of them have ever panned out.

You're welcome to call my vote on funnier easy, historically I've basically never read him the correct way on day 1 but this time I think I'm right and I'm going to follow that until someone I know is town has a better read than me. Now, you're welcome to ask me to go more in depth on my read and maybe actually try to figure out my alignment instead of just making a passing read to look like you're engaged in the game, cause maybe I was wrong and you actually are scum here, but I don't know if that world is compatible with funnier wolf worlds yet and those worlds are looking slightly more likely to me.
My eyes glazed over trying to read this, I kind of want to make another attempt later
I always have invisibility on for mafia
I technically do but everyone knows I'm reading the thread 24/7 though so
I asked him for some content. I'll wait to hear from him before I explain where I'm at
But for now I don't like his Rubik interactions and his reaction to poison is bad
Might as well explain now for our viewers watching at home

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
At the time of me making that vote, it did nothing to impact the wagons? Namira was the only vote on you at the time, while I had three. Also, while several people have said you were scum leaning, just as much have said they’re totally on board with my lynch. If self preservation was the intended goal of that post, I would have voted Echo or someone else. But it’s not the intended purpose of that vote, it’s that out of everyone playing you look the most scummy to me.

It might be OMGUSish, but I still stand by my vote.

This is a town Doc post y'all btw. He's unbearably rational as town.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think Doc not posting is NAI for him. @Rubik are you going to ride the Doc wagon to the end for real, lol?
Here's the issue with that. If not posting for a player is "NAI" and you don't lynch them at literally any stage of the game because they're "low info", they will never get lynched and never contribute.

There's a reason lynch all lurkers is a common policy lynch to keep metas healthy and Doc lurked to scum wins the last two games. So no, I'm not going to let him do it a third time.

I've ignored a lot of **** right now because I'm going to go back and respond to it when I can actually focus.

Right now I'm just telling how it feels reading your posts. I'm not the only one that feels this way. Others have said you feel off and yet I'm the only one getting **** for it when I'm the only one backing up my read with a vote.

While everyone else is content to lynch Doc because 'lol he's inactive so let's not even try to read anything that's actually going on and instead go for someone whose activity is NAI". Do y'all not think that half the ****ing game saying "yeah Doc seems like a good lynch" looks really ****ing suspicious?

Swearing excessively is a scum tell. :)

Pretending to be frustrated is an effective means of convincing other people that you're invested in winning the game for town when you might not be.

I have an hour to kill atm
does anyone else feel the same way regarding echolight?

I don't feel comfortable with Echo being town, but I'm not really confident in thinking she's scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
but you see, in a single game it happened
this is relevant for some crappy reason

You realize I just used Batman, the last game where you were town (besides Gravity Falls) as an example because it was most recent right? It's fresher on people's minds. It doesn't just apply to that one single game.

funnier6

Courage~
Calm Minish will return later. I know I've done a lot of yelling and whatnot, but it's a combination of things all accumulating at once. And it felt good to get some of that out.

I promise I'll be more civil after some sleep.
I was mainly talking about me unless you missed the tangents I've gone on the last few pages

Which were fun

But I'm tired

Also this Minish kinda scares me just a lil
I did
that was it
you didn't respond to kirino; I thought you should have
it weighs heavily in my mind
I meant your read on me dork, might as well explain that

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Here's the issue with that. If not posting for a player is "NAI" and you don't lynch them at literally any stage of the game because they're "low info", they will never get lynched and never contribute.

There's a reason lynch all lurkers is a common policy lynch to keep metas healthy and Doc lurked to scum wins the last two games. So no, I'm not going to let him do it a third time.
I guess that's sound enough logic, but is it really better than voting elsewhere if you have better reads on others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom