• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origin of the Song of Storms: Termina

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
From Wikipedia:

A literal answer is somewhat obvious, as egg-laying species pre-date the existence of chickens. However, the metaphorical view sets a metaphysical ground to the dilemma. To better understand its metaphorical meaning, the question could be reformulated as: "Which came first, X that can't come without Y, or Y that can't come without X?"

Which describes the Song of Storm paradoxon as well, by the way.

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
I did read only the first post. Nice thought! :-D
I guess they didn't really care of the paradoxe-thing, but if they did, it certainly happened like that (to me).

This brings other interresting questions about the relationships between Hyrule and Termina. Nobody in Termina seems to know of Hyrule, but I feel like they're somehow linked (ok, not just linked by the hole in the woods) and like things from Ikana Valley could be related to Sheikah/Brothers Composers/etc...

J

Jalandir

The Song of Storms in hyrule existed before "Ocarina Kid" played the song for Guru in the wind mill. If you go to the windmill anytime before pulling the Master Sword out of the pedistal, you WILL hear the song. Guru's handcranked recordplayer is constantly repeating it. So the songs orgin happened before any time travel in OoT takes place. There is NO PARADOX surronding the orgin of the song. THERE IS in Link learning it. Although I wouldn't call it a loop. For me that implies the player having to constantly replay the actions of the paradox.

For those of you having a hard time understanding the Paradox, split the characters up into seperate timelines.

Normal Timeline.......................................Links Percieved Timeline

Link plays song for Guru, drains the well......Link Learns Song from Guru

7yrs later Link learns song from Guru...........Link Travels back in time to Play song for Guru

On a side note GURU IS A COMPLETE, UNDENIABLE, IDIOT, he has been playing the same song on his record player for AT LEAST 7 YEARS and NEVER REALIZED IT. (For clearification, I'm talking about Guru, from OoT not any using his likeness in any way.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
This whole timeline thing scares me. I personally think that Miyamoto-sensei and the rest of the development team at Nintendo didn't intend it to be like this with all these alternate realities and timelines and IT'S SO CONFUSING! But it sure is interesting to read all the different ideas!

MrLuigi

Theorist
This is what happens when people take an innocent game and go to deep into something the developers didn't intend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom