• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Odd eating habits...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Hm, I didn't really think my eating habits were weird til this thread made me think

There is a certain order I eat things in. If the meal contains meat I will always eat the meat first before anything else on the plate. I put mayonaise and/or salad cream on or in everything, sandwiches, pasta, you name it. Also piccalilli- it's British so if you don't know what it is, it's basically mixed pickles in mustard. It's amaze and goes well especially with strong cheese but basically I also eat it with anything including on it's own. I put maple syrup in porridge. When I eat Mars Bars (and this is the only chocolate bar that this applies to) I eat them first by eating the chocolate off the top of the bar all the way along. Then, the caramel. Then I drip the remaining truffle and chocolate into my cup of tea. When I eat crisps I always lick the flavour off before I eat the actual crisp, especially salt and vinegar and sizzling king prawn McCoys or sour cream and chive Pringles. Also I eat chocolate Nesquick powder by spoon. If I have a jar of pickles like gherkins or onions or whatever, and in fact beetroot also, I drink the vinegar. This is really bad for your kidneys and stomach but whatever.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I'm bad to chew on my fork at restaurants. Especially when it seems like they have to kill the friggin' cow to make my burger!!

Non come to mind for me, but my manager at the first job I had used to dunk his toast in his coffee.
As one would do with a biscuit in your tea or a cookie in your milk.
He swore by it but I haven't been curious enough to try it.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Idk if this is odd, but whenever I have scrambled eggs, I like to get a piece of toast and put some jam on it, then put the eggs on top, and eat it like a open-faced sandwich. Very tasty, especially with strawberry jam.

EDIT

Also, whenever I have cake with ice cream, I usually mix the cake into ice cream in bits and eat it. Doesn’t look very pretty, but tastes amazing!

Whenever I eat something round or with crusts (cookies, burgers, unsliced sandwiches, poptarts, etc) I always eat them radially around the edges before I eat the middle. I have no idea why; I've done this since I was a kid. If I eat a sliced sandwich though, I eat it normally so it's something about there being a continuous edge on these things, I dunno. It's been too hot out lately that I can't get away with doing it with my reese cups without them melting all over my fingers and it's making me very upset

Similarly to echo, whenever I have scrambled eggs, I always put some of mine on my toast. But instead of leaving them open, I make little sandwiches out of them. Also did that since I was a kid and have no reasoning for it.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
All I have to say, saddle up, because here in Idaho we have traditions!

First of all, fry sauce, which is only available in the Idaho/Utah area. It's not simply ketchup mixed with mayonnaise, it's something a little more than that. And trust me, it's fantastic on burgers and fries.

Speaking of fries, every time I go to Wendy's, I always get a chocolate Frostie and dip my fries in the Frostie.

Also in Idaho, we have finger steaks. What they are is a lot like chicken fingers, except instead of chicken, we use beef. It's delicious.

Also bison is popular here as is venison. Trust me, bison burgers are fantastic, even better than the humble beef burger.

If you've never had huckleberries before, then you haven't lived until you've had huckleberry pie with ice cream. It's amazing.

In fact, we Idahoans love huckleberries so much, we have literally tried putting huckleberries in anything.

Now as far as my personal eating habits.

I am technically lactose intolerant, but I don't let a bout of gas stop me from enjoying cheese, ice cream, and milk!

I prefer my steaks medium-rare, and I don't believe in such a thing as steak sauce. If I'm having a nice steak, I feel steak sauce would ruin my steak eating experience. I feel a well cooked steak doesn't need steak sauce.

I love barbecue food, and my all time favorite food is burnt end brisket. In fact, there's a local BBQ place that makes amazing brisket, and a fantastic bourbon BBQ sauce.

I hate coleslaw.

Salads are the food my food eats.

I love vegetables.

Probably the biggest habit I have is that I must have all of the food on my plate to be separated. See, I don't like my vegetables to get steak juice all over them, nor do I want vegetables to get veggie flavors all over my steak. I like to enjoy each bit on my plate separately.

Molten chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is fantastic and I don't care what anyone says.

I love salmon.

Another quirk is that I chew ice cubes. I quite enjoy ice.

I love ribs but my hands feel gross after eating them.

Bourbon whisk(e)y + burnt end brisket is the best food combination, and you can't tell me otherwise! Specifically, Henry McKenna works really well with my favorite food. Unfortunately, my favorite whisk(e)y, Ardbeg 10, doesn't work well with barbecue.

However, Ardbeg 10 plus chocolate Snack Packs is a match made in heaven. Savory + savory = too overwhelming. Savory + sweet = heaven.

It sounds wretched. You have a briny, smokey, meaty flavored scotch that's at 46% ABV (92 proof) and a chocolate pudding sounds like it shouldn't work, but trust me, you should try it.

Also, Ardbeg 10 is the best whisk(e)y on the planet, and you can't change my mind on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom