• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Confirms Triforce is Obtainable in Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liljes

056.jpg
057.jpg058.jpg059.jpg060.jpg

There, here are the pictures of the email. I had to take them on my ipod and then attach them as images because I tried to print screen and that wasn't working too well.

This seems a little too shady, so I'm pretty skeptical to this. Even if the emails and TS are all legit, I'm still skeptical.

Regardless, the triforce being an obtainable item isn't something I'm too concerned about.

L

liljes

I understand how this can seem very unrealistic, believe me, I have no idea why Nintendo let this slip. It's possible that it is a very minor thing in the game, or that it is very difficult to find, so he wanted to give the community a hint beforehand.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I understand how this can seem very unrealistic, believe me, I have no idea why Nintendo let this slip. It's possible that it is a very minor thing in the game, or that it is very difficult to find, so he wanted to give the community a hint beforehand.

If it is true about getting the Triforce I could see lot of people making up rumors about different ways to get it, if you did not know about when OOT got released people where still wondering if they can still get the Triforce so lots of people said all these different ways of getting it like Temple of Light, Overture of Sages (song) and Unicorn fountain and which people posted images that looked legit. If it is obtainable and it's hard to get I could see lot of people making up false ways of getting it (but very cool ways) and I can't wait to try to find it if Nintendo does confirm it to be obtainable.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
well... this does sound kind of real... but while i want this to be true, i think if link can obtain the triforce it would cause too much debate over the timeline. ss is before oot isnt it? and the triforce is whole in oot, so how could link have it in ss? unless he gives it back...
maybe he finds the triforce but can only look at it? maybe he could get into the sacred realm amd just as hes about to touch it rauru shouts at him not to touch it. :)

However, I understand your concerns about certain elements of the series remaining in the game. All I can say is the Triforce that you refer to plays no major part in the main plot of the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't in there. All I can say is search in the large cloud.

The fact that the Triforce isn't not in the game, doesn't necessarily mean it will be an attainable item, does it? Mr. Dao's response was extremely vague, in typical Nintendo fashion, and could mean a variety of things about the Triforce's presence in the game. The fact that the Triforce is in the game could mean anything from there being a small, insignificant picture of the triforce on the wall somewhere to it actually being an attainable item.

Even if Dao's email is authentic, I don't think it necessarily means the triforce is attainable in Skyward Sword.

The Triforce cannot both be in the game while at the same time not being a major part of the plot. Its presence by itself is significant to the plot.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Right after OoT 3D supposedly confirms that the Triforce had never been touched before OoT? I'm in the "I'm not gonna believe it - good for you if it's true" boat. It's possible that we may see the triforce, but it won't be "obtainable."

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
can you show us a print screen? I find this hard to belive..

Yes, he is right. If you want us to believe you, you must show proof, otherwise we won't believe you. You could just be doing this for attention. If you are, no one may ever believe you again, on this forum. So I suggest showing proof. Thank you.

There, here are the pictures of the email. I had to take them on my ipod and then attach them as images because I tried to print screen and that wasn't working too well.

I guess you did have some kind of proof, but like they said, it's still hard to believe.

Yes, he is right. If you want us to believe you, you must show proof, otherwise we won't believe you. You could just be doing this for attention. If you are, no one may ever believe you again, on this forum. So I suggest showing proof. Thank you.

He did, though a print screen of course does not do much to confirm or disprove his point, since an e-mail would be pretty easily editable.

View attachment 14163
View attachment 14164View attachment 14165View attachment 14166View attachment 14167

I'm sorry but... yeah, I'm not buying this. There's a number of holes here I think.

1. There's no logical sense to the Triforce not being a major aspect of the plot. It doesn't match up with a number of things. Sure there are plenty of games in the series that do not feature the Triforce, but nearly every main title did, and certainly they would not exclude mentioning such an important aspect of the series' lore in the one game that's supposed to establish that lore. It also doesn't match up with the already present attention on the Triforce, or perhaps lack thereof. We've seen the Triforce absent on symbols that normally have it (like the Royal Family's crest), and while one would think "Oh hey, if it's absent then that means it won't appear, right?" but at this point we're nearly 100% certain that this game will show the forming or at least the history of the Royal Family, which means with certainty that we will find out when and why they added the Triforce to the crest.

2. The big dome-like cloud. It's wayyyy too much of a coincidence that the one thing that relates to the Triforce is something that we've already seen, that's one of the most mysterious things in all of our current Skyward Sword information, and has been theorized about recently.

3. Doesn't this scream Triforce Hunt to you a little? When other time has the Triforce existed as anything vaguely close to an optional collectible? And going with series lore, why the hell would it be? Therefore, this is already based on an existing (and proven false) rumor from another game, which would be Ocarina of Time with its whole Triforce Hunt mess.

4. There's absolutely no way that they'd let this slip. It's not even possible. Nintendo is always tight-lipped about Zelda's story, and this would be a major revelation in a number of ways. Sure, this could be a single employee who broke the rules or something, but considering that's never happened with Zelda and the fact that he'd be fired so fast and he'd know it... it's just highly improbable.

5. If he's not supposed to not give out too much info, why did he just reveal the role of the single most important object in the entirety of the Zelda universe?

Be interesting if it turns out to be true, although highly unusual and unfortunate for Nintendo. I also would not like it that much since it would ruin the direction that the plot of Skyward Sword has been (strongly) implied to be taking, and it was a good direction that was promising to be incredibly interesting. That and the fact that it would tarnish the significance of the Triforce to make it into some kind of optional collectible for 100% completion... it's just a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
You know, look in the most obvious part of the known universe to the inhabitants of Hyrule. I don't see how it can be even considered hidden if it's in a big friggin cloud that just so happens to be very convenient for people to access because they ride birds!

Honestly, not even remotely convincing.

I think I reserve the right to be skeptical and express my skepticism in the way I expressed it given the extraordinarily gravity of such a claim. Only sets me up for massive embarrassment if I'm wrong, I'm not a punter, but I'm more than happy to take that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom