• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Confirms Triforce is Obtainable in Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liljes

Hey everyone, I have been a lurker on these forums for quite some time now, but today I had to register for the forums. I have some HUGE news on Skyward Sword! Now, throughout my many years of being a huge Nintendo fan, there have been several occasions where I have emailed them, asking about games. Now, of course, you can't expect them to reveal much to you through an email. Usually they just tell you to check their website for more updates or something boring like that. However, there has been talk recently of the Triforce being present in Nintendo's newest Zelda epic, and I decided to question the Big N as to whether this was true or not. Apparently, one of the representatives for the company has let something slip to me that I'm guessing he shouldn't have. Here is the email I sent to them:

Sent: June 2nd, 2011
Hello Nintendo. There has been much talk recently about the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword coming for Wii this holiday season. Many fans are curious as to whether or not the Triforce will appear in a more physical form than some of the more recent games in the series. Do you have any comments on this?

Now, here is the email that I recieved in reply from them on June 4th, 2011:
Hello,

Thank you for writing. I'm glad you've taken the time to question us about our upcoming game, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unfortunately, as the game has not been released yet, I cannot divulge too much information about the game. However, I understand your concerns about certain elements of the series remaining in the game. All I can say is the Triforce that you refer to plays no major part in the main plot of the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't in there. All I can say is search in the large cloud.

We encourage you to check our website at http://www.nintendo.com/

Sincerely,

Alain Dao
Nintendo of America Inc.

There, that right there is confirmation that the Triforce will be making a physical appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The fact that Nintendo said that the Triforce plays no role in the main plot of the game causes me to speculate that it will be used as some sort of powerup in the game. And what did they mean by "search in the large cloud"? This situation strongly reminds me of the old myth that the Triforce was obtainable in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and it turned out that it was just a beta element. Well, as far as I'm concerned, the search for the Triforce begins once again this holiday season!

L

liljes

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

That's some mysterious news... I'm having a hard time believing this but, we shall see when the game hits the shelves won't wee?
That's exactly what I thought, I'm still having trouble believing this. I mean, this is the first time Nintendo themselves have ever delivered me solid information on a game, although this was slightly vague.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
"Search in the large cloud" eh? Hoo man! That's very interesting news! I wondered what that large cloud was. But seeing as he said it's not going to play an important role in the game, does this mean he's giving us a hint to a special secret/easter egg?

L

liljes

Wait, you know what he's talking about by that large cloud? Is it in one of the trailers?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
It's not in the trailers, but in the Bird flying demo, you'll sometimes see a very large, LARGE cloud in the space of the sky.

L

liljes

Well isn't that interesting. This is very exciting, it's been too long since the Triforce has made a decent appearance.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I can't 100% believe this until I/we see legit prove. I do wish/hope this is true though.

L

liljes

It wasn't a major part of the plot in Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, or Twilight Princess.

L

liljes

Exactly, there have been many games in the series where the Triforce has been utterly insignificant, often only serving a symbolic purpose or popping up in random cameos around Hyrule. It was only a matter of time before it made a comeback.

The guy who wrote you was not a nintendo rep, but the owl!!! Only the owl talks in such mannerisms.

If it was the owl, it would probably have been 3 times as long. Dx

Damn! And I thought I was onto something!

Edit : I just imagined the whole Nintendo Corps and then I slowly zoom in on the top story window, the bosses doorway. It slowly opens... and the owl is sitting there. Scarryyy.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well that is quite interesting if it's true. Does this mean we have access to the sacred realm? If you could provide a screen capture, that would be amazing. I wonder what the triforce is doing in a cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom