• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

N64 Games?

MW7

1. Super Mario 64- I've beaten this game probably more than any game in my life.

2. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie/ Donkey Kong 64- These games are so similar I don't see the point of separating them out. Kazooie had the coolest atmosphere and music. DK 64 was the longest game. And Tooie was a great game but I hate Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland. Collectathon games are designed to attract perfectionists, and Canary Mary was a cruel joke coming right at the end of the game.

3. Goldeneye/Perfect Dark- I'd give the slight edge to Perfect Dark because it's multiplayer was so ridiculously amazing. Goldeneye's single player campaign was better than Perfect Dark's IMO.

Big Octo

=^)
1. Banjo-Kazooie: One of the best games ever. So nostalgic. I had a really fun time playing it.
2. Star Fox 64: So fun, beating it everyday, unlocking expert mode, all around fun.
3. Pokemon Stadium: Oh boy . . . the memories . . .

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
Only three? Geez...... 'Kay. In no order:

Earthworm Jim 3D
Kirby 64
Mario 64

I lost Kirby 64 and Mario 64, but I still have Earthworm Jim 3D. Absolutely love that game. ^^

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I didn't realize they made an Earthworm Jim for the N64. I had it on the Genesis and loved it.

In no particular order
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Golden Eye 007
(this list may change soon because there were so many good games for the 64)

1. Goldeneye 007 - pretty much created the modern FPS
2. Super Mario 64 - classic.
3. Pokemon Stadium - so much multiplayer fun and screaming involved!

D

dinggledoser

2. Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness - flawed but still fun.
1. GoldenEye 007 - no need to explain.
3. Superman 64 - endlessly entertaining.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
1. Super Mario 64- I've beaten this game probably more than any game in my life.

2. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie/ Donkey Kong 64- These games are so similar I don't see the point of separating them out. Kazooie had the coolest atmosphere and music. DK 64 was the longest game. And Tooie was a great game but I hate Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland. Collectathon games are designed to attract perfectionists, and Canary Mary was a cruel joke coming right at the end of the game.

3. Goldeneye/Perfect Dark- I'd give the slight edge to Perfect Dark because it's multiplayer was so ridiculously amazing. Goldeneye's single player campaign was better than Perfect Dark's IMO.
You're the first person I've meet who actually feels the same way about comparing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I'm actually trying to see how far you can get in Banjo-Tooie by only learning the required moves and I too also feel the same about Canary Mary. My other Fav N64 games excluding the LoZ would have to be SSB yep the original 1.

N

NathanSalsa

My list is in no particular order.

Diddy Kong Racing because it had the awesomest multiplayer modes, maps, power ups.

Donkey Kong 64 because it was fun and had a great soundtrack.

Conkers Bad Fur Day because it was funny and had great varied gameplay.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Of all the lists on this thread, my list is probably the strangest one:

3. Harvest Moon 64

I just LOVE this game! Although starting the game is slow and a little boring, the more you progress through it the more fun you have. There are so much things to do I can't start counting them, as it would have the size of this entire thread. A pretty addictive game.

2. Donkey Kong 64

The greatest platformer on the Nintendo 64, this game has so much things to collect it will intimidate you. I love the fact that the world is huge, and that you can explore it with not one, not two, but five different monkeys, each with its own weapons, abilities and musical instruments. I've only been able to 100% the first level, and it already is one of my favorite games ever!

1. Paper Mario

My favorite Nintendo 64 game (even including Zelda games), and my second favorite game (just below TLZ: ALttP), Paper Mario is a great RPG. Its graphics are great (3D enviroments combined with 2D characters), the soundtrack is great, the fights are outstanding, and it has so much secrets you won't be able to find them all even if you've beaten the game three times. Did you even know you can win prizes thanks to a contest you can hear to from a Koopa's radio?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My three favorite N64 games besides the Zelda ones (obviously) are the following:

3) Banjo-Tooie

I loved this game. Although I never did officially own it, I did play it a lot with my siblings and I loved the multiplayer mode. I fondly recall many times where me and my sibs would chase each other around the place and place bombs, shoot at each other, etc. Ah, fun times, fun times. :)

2) MarioKart 64

This was probably one of the most played games on the N64 console that we had (and when I mean we I mean my siblings and I). We'd play that game for hours on end racing against each other and trying to beat it that way we could unlock the mirror races. We also just play around sometimes especially on the Peach's Castle racetrack and just explore the place. We'd drive around the castle and explore all the nooks and crannies and at some times play hide and seek with each other in the game. We'd even roleplay in the game by each of us playing the respective person's character. (I know that sounds weird but we had one heck of a time playing the game like that. We used our imagination and were able to come up with new ways to play the game besides just racing each other.)

1) Super Smash Bros.

Ah, yes, this game right here is the one that we most definitely played the most. We each would choose our favorite characters and fight each other endlessly. (It was also a good way to settle fights between us siblings. XD ) We tried really hard to get all the secret characters, which we only got as far as Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon... We'd also lay detonators around randomly in places on the stages and laugh our heads off when one of us happened to land on one of them (or two or three, if we were lucky :) ). I love this game. <3

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
That's hard! This would be hard even if I could choose my top 5 favorites. In no particular order they are

Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario 64
007 Goldeneye

Honorable Mentions (call it cheating, but they need to be mentioned)
Mario Kart 64
Banjo Kazooie & Tooie
StarFox 64

I didn't realize they made an Earthworm Jim for the N64. I had it on the Genesis and loved it.
Yeah it was one of the only games that had a yellow cartridge, the others being Donkey Kong 64 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. It makes it easy to spot at stores. In my opinion it isn't as good as the 2D side-scrollers, but it is worth picking up, especially if you liked the previous titles.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
You're the first person I've meet who actually feels the same way about comparing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I'm actually trying to see how far you can get in Banjo-Tooie by only learning the required moves and I too also feel the same about Canary Mary. My other Fav N64 games excluding the LoZ would have to be SSB yep the original 1.
Another game to add an early childhood nostalgia game which I just beat yesterday for the first time as my first copy was stolen before to my current home

Is Goemon: Mystical Ninja

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom