• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

N64 Games?

Besides Zelda, what are your top 3 favorite games from the Nintendo 64?

Mine are: Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario 64
Yoshi Story

GoldenEye 007
Donkey Kong 64 (though I haven't completed it)
Paper Mario (I haven't completed it either)

I got my Jungle Green Nintendo 64 bundled with Donkey Kong 64 on Christmas Eve of 1999! :lol:

I never owned Super Mario 64 (though I do have Super Mario 64 DS). :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My top 3 non Zelda games are:

Turok Rage Wars
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye 007

I always loved those games no matter what! :)

My 3 are in no particular order
Donkey Kong 64.

So much to do in this game each Kong has its own coloured bananas.
Certain Kongs only do certain games for bananas.

There are blueprints to collect,banana medals,
There is also a Nintendo and Rareware coin to collect.

Banjo Kazooie.

What a fantastic game this is.
Basically everything in this game talks to you.

One of the best things about the game is how Grunty talks in rhymes.
My favourite places are Freezezey Peak and Click Clock Wood.

The game has fantastic music and there is just so much to do.
I love how you have to fill in paintings with jigsaw pieces.

F Zero X.

One thing i love about the game is that there are so many cars to be unlocked.
I also love how you can spin into other cars taking them out which brings up a gold star.

Bring up five and you get an extra life.
Yet again the music in the game suits each race perfectly.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I love the games where Rare and Nintendo collaborated. My 3 favorites have to be, IN THIS ORDER:

Banjo Kazooie,
Donkey Kong 64,
Banjo Tooie

Although I haven't finished ANY of those games yet :P

This is hard...
Super Mario 64
Duke Nukem 64
Star Fox 64/ Banjo Kazooie (Or Tooie it's been so long they run together for me, both are great though)

My fiancee loves Pokemon Snap, Stadium was pretty sweet when it came out to. Not sure if they even make those anymore.
And lest we forget Mario Kart 64...
3 is to little to chose from :)

1. Golden-eye
2. Mario Party 2
3. Mario 64
honorable mentions: resident evil 2, madden 2000, diddy kong racing, and all pokemon ones (stadium 1 and 2, snap, etc.), oh and Elmo's Number Journey(A.K.A. easiest game ever) and yet i never watched sesame street and it's actually my friends game
i never got far in banjo kazooie though

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
F-Zero X.

One of my favourite games ad I enjoy it on VC. So many cars and awesome difficulty and tracks. You could say I might just prefer it than GX, But I haven't played GX for a long while :P

Star Fox 64:

Also on VC, But I had it on emulator before hand. And let me just say, I flippin played this to death, got to the final boss and didn't know how to defeat him. (Either that or a huge face and hallways) And I'm glad it's getting a remake due Sept. 9th in NA(Just checked, AND Europe too :D) and know I am going to play it to death.

Mario Kart 64

I love all the Mario Kart games, but this got me into the series itself. I always came home from Nursery and played this until bed time. It was always fun being Luigi racing round the complicated Yoshi's Valley. But later on, We sold our N64, with a few games. I was sad, until we realized.

Wii + Homebrew.

And then life became cool 8D

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Apart from the LoZ games

1. Perfect Dark (much better than Goldeneye)
2. Banjo-Tooie
3. Army Men Sarge's Heroes (still haven't beaten expert without using cheats)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
There are so many great games on the Nintendo 64, that it's hard to make a list of my top three non-Zelda game list because Zelda would trump all the other great games. Well let's get started here with my top three favorite N64 games besides Zelda.

3.) Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart 64 was the sequel to the SNES classic Super Mario Kart and 64 truly improved on the original. The tracks were better and more varied. There were some new additions to the character roster as well, like the addition of Wario. I still wish Koopa was in the game. The tracks like I said were varied and very creative, with the maze track Yoshi Valley to the short Moo Moo Farm. This still remains one of the greatest additions to the Mario Kart franchise.

2.) Super Smash Bros.
The first installment into the SSB franchise and it still stands out as a great game. Super Smash Bros. takes all your favorite Nintendo characters and allows them to beat the utter crap out of each other. You are able to choose from several stages and 1 unlockable level. There are a total of twelve characters and four of them are unlockable as well. The biggest thing going for this game is replay value, and that is really apparent. This game is one of the landmarks on the N64.

1.) Super Mario 64
With a total of 120 stars to collect and about 15 levels and several secret levels this game has a lot going for it. This game is also as playable as they were when it first released and it still remains a favorite of mine. There isn't much else to say about Super Mario 64 other than it is loads of fun with a bunch of stars to collect and many zany levels to enjoy, you wouldn't be a Mario fan if you have not played this game at least once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom