• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Overrated Person of All Time

Who do you feel is the most overrated human being of all time? I'm going to say William Shakespeare. His work just isn't that good and he certainly isn't the master of literature that everyone thinks he is. In second place is Shigeru Miyamoto.........

Just kidding! So who's yours?

Honestly? Probably going to get lambasted for this, but I'd say Michael Jackson. The guy could dance, yes, and he could sing, but he was much better when he was younger. As he aged his work just went downhill. Personal feelings towards him aside, I always felt he was far too overrated overall.

Second? Any of those little heiresses who prance around in front of the cameras now acting like they're hot stuff (I'm looking at YOU, Paris Hilton). WHY are they famous? The world will never know. :(

two words: JUSTIN BIEBER!! he's famous but he's the worst singer i've ever heard in my life. my only thought while hearing him sing was "if i could gnaw my ears off, i would" i'd rather listen to rick asly than that little girl. another thing, he's admittedly gay but when he sings about love i.e all of his songs, he puts a girl in them. he's about as real as michael jackson's nose.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
For me as a person who has some interest in rap/hip-hop music, it's definitely 2Pac Shakur. I mean he wasn't a bad artist at all but he's way overrated and overhyped only because of his death. If he were still alive by now, then I'd bet my *** that noone would talk about him anymore. IMO he's been a mediocre rapper at best, he didn't introduce anything new or innovative to the genre, for me it was just standard rather boring and monotonous 80s old school rap transferred to the 90s. I think that artists like Missy Elliott, Ludacris and Lil' Jon were far more innovative than him, and I hate how all the howling 2Pac fanboys get all defensive if you only speak out a single word of criticism towards their idol.
Maybe I can't understand that idolization because I'm Eurpean (?)
BTW I know that ~90% of the people on the interwebs are Nu Metal (Slipknot and the like) fans and therefore generally despise hip-hop/rap (at least that's my honest experience of the last 6 online years) so they'll think that he's overrated anyways, but even if you are interested in that like me you'll notice that overratedness.

Hey. I happen to like Nu Metal, and Hip-hop.

Anyway. Most overrated person of all time? Jesus of Nazareth. Think about what he actually did, and what people credit him for in the past, credit him for doing now, and credit him for things "He will undoubtedly accomplish in the future". In my humble opinion, the least important part of Christianity is faith in Jesus, but I should reserve such "radicalism" for the Mature Discussion board.

Anyway. Most overrated person of all time? Jesus of Nazareth. Think about what he actually did, and what people credit him for in the past, credit him for doing now, and credit him for things "He will undoubtedly accomplish in the future". In my humble opinion, the least important part of Christianity is faith in Jesus, but I should reserve such "radicalism" for the Mature Discussion board.[/QUOTE]

I'm Jewish so I agree with you. I don't think he was the son of God or the Messiah or anything more than an ordinary person. I didn't want to list him as my number one person because I thought it might offend people.

Kybyrian

He's not that much of a real person,but FRED. Everyone Loves Fred. Why do people like him so much?!

I've actually been seeing quite a few people lately that say they absolutely love Fred. I had never heard of Fred until a few months ago, and I found him very unenjoyable. He reminds me of Justin Bieber, except Justin Bieber's voice is real.

Anyway, for most overrated person... really I can't think of many overrated people. Everybody today is interested in music and movies, and I don't know of many people that do that stuff. If you asked me who a movie star(that isn't in action movies) is I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about him/her.

So... I'm going to steal some other person's idea... and I'm going to say Shakespeare. Curse you, Shakespeare, you were a horrible artist. And please, for those of you who don't know such, an artist does not necessarily refer to somebody who can draw or paint.

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
his name is literally fred. look him up on youtube. He was on an episode of iCarly one time. I feel low for knowing that. ugh.

But I have a grand list of people that I think are entirely overrated..
Hannah Montana, The Joe Bros, pretty much anyone associated with Disney Channel now, Lil Wayne and most of the other "lil's" out there, BIEBER, Robert Pattinson/Taylor Lautner/Twilight people, M. Jackson after the 80s, ke$ha, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, MEGAN FOX, lady gaga, and soo many more. These are just off of the top of my head.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Can someone tell me who this Fred person is? I'm going to need something more specific, like a last name or what he is famous for.

He's a popular Youtube personality who creates some-what childish videos by speeding up the tempo and making the tone of his voice higher. Having said that, I do like his videos.

Mine would be any "overly popular" teenage actor or singer. This includes Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron Etc... In my eyes, if they want to be called truely great at what they do then they have to stand the test of time and remain popular for a prolonged period of time.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
^Well I agree with Megan Fox being overrated. I don't really think she's as hot as people say she is. But I think the most overrated person of all time is Ke$ha. She's so white trash and the tone of her voice is so whiny. Plus in her songs, she's not even singing, She's literally talking. UGH.

EDIT: Oh and Charlie Sheen and Tom Selleck.

L

legnase

Michael Jackson AFTER he died. People like freaked out about him. People are like OMG I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON when the day before he died they didn't care about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom