• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Notstalgic Video Games.

We all have that list of games that we've played since we were little. you may be the generation that played PAC man or dig-dug. you may be the generation that played super mario world and pokemon. and you may be part of the newest generation that grew up in the new age of video games with gamecube, playstation and (*gasp*) X-BOXo_O.

I myself would put my self between the latter and the middle. Going on 17, my older brothers always played SEGA and SNES. As i got older, i got a gamecube, thrusting myself into the world of more modern gaming.

I would say the game that brings back the most memories is Square Enix's Chrono Trigger. where to begin with this game. the beautifully composed music and crisp, SNES graphis perfectly tie together one of the most amazing, fun, engrossing storyline of (IMO) all time. The game itself was very much like Final Fantasy, a textbook RPG. I can honestly say this is my favorite game i have ever played. ever. whenever i play it, i think back to when i was little, watching my brother walking through the palace of Zeal or one of the Domes of the future... the memories...

If you have never played Chrono Trigger, i urge you to do it. the recent release on the DS makes it easily accessible without emulators and includes some new content. If you like final fantasy, and dont mind spending your time and money playing a 16 bit game, then you know what to do.

what is the game(s) that gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling every time you see/hear it?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Crystal Castles, a Pac-Man clone with isometric perspective.

That always transports me back to sitting in front of a cousin's Atari ST when I was eight or so. Even back then, I knew that Pac-Man came first, but Crystal Castles won me over with its awesome graphics and sound. I know. Yes, I know. I still love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The game that probably has the most memories for me is Donkey Kong 64 when it comes to nastalgia since it's the only game I played ALOT that I can go back and play but don't really do it anymore. HOWEVER, I would like to give a shout out to the original game I used to play all the time. Gunstar Heroes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfHOfjtcdw

I used to just play this game for fun with my siblings and cousins all summer. Then, one day, I just sat down and took it seriously all by myself. To my surprise, I got to the end! I couldn't believe it! Video games had endings! Still, I can remember countless times just trying to get through the first four levels blowing up anything that stood in my way and getting what me and my siblings called the "Anything Laser" since it could hit anything. Sigh. Good times, good times.

Nearly any of the classics on the N64, but particularly Banjo Kazooie. I remember very specifically getting that for Christmas and you know how when you are a kid and you get that dream Christmas gift it truly makes the holiday. The music and everything brings me back. Games just aren't that charming anymore, ya know?

Nostalgia is heroin for old people :P

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think the most nostalgiac game for me is Ocarina of Time. I have fond memories of playing it with my Dad and yelling "I got to Zora's Domain". Every now and then I still play OoT, it's just that I played the heck out of this game and the music in OoT always makes me remember playing with my Dad.

Mine would be:
Gears of War (Most recent nostalgic game. I havent played it the second time, but just thinking about it is nostalgic)
Ocarina of time USED to be, but i played it again recently, it lost its magic >.<
Listening to the Dancer's music they learn from link in Majora's Mask gives me nostalgia.
The first Half-Life gives me super nostalgia, i love that game so much >.<
Watching the preview for the next game i buy, (Resident Evil: Deadly Silence for the DS, which is just a port of the original Resident Evil for the playstation), gave me nostalgia.

I cant think of anything else, but these are what gives me nostalgia most often.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The most nostalgic game...sheesz there are so many games with good memories. Commander Keen is one game that I can remember very well. My sister and I tortured that poor floppy disc until it died a crashing death :(. I never got past the third city I think, I was so bad at platform games at the time.

The most nostalgic game for me is an educational game series for primary school, named RedCat. What is more awesome than a cat from outer space with the most fake American accent ever that has to save the queen of the Netherlands from a bulldog and a rat by driving around the country and collecting pieces of a map from cities, rivers and canals in the Netherlands. It is the best way to study Dutch city/rivers/canal names if you ask me :P. I played the Redcat games so many times in the library or at home, good times :)

I have quite a few.

1080: TenEighty Snowboarding
Blades of Steel
Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3
Kirby Super Star (although, it's magic is starting to wear off)
Perfect Dark
Super Mario All-Star
Super Mario World
Super Spike V-Ball
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I love nostalgic so much!
I guess one of the most nostalgic games I played was Jazz the Rabbit 2. My mum (maybe my uncle?) brought me it one day when I was 5 I think and since then I played it a lot, I played it for years. My cousin had this game too and he gave me codes that makes the game easier and I used the codes a lot and I still remember them even though I haven't played it for a long time.
I also find Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 very nostalgic because me and my friend used to play them together for half of my elementary school years, these are still two of the greatest games I ever had.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Frogger
Pitfall
Kaboom

I remember the Christmas morning when I was either 4 or 5 when we got the Atari 2600. We got several games as well, but those 3 are the 3 that I remember playing the most (except of course Pac Man & Combat which I believe came with the system .. Combat did for sure).

The first video game I ever played was Super Metroid on the Super Nintendo, so when it comes to nostalgia, that one comes in first. Many other SNES games are nostalgic for me, though, like Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Mega Man X2 and Mega Man 7, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Killer Instinct... I even have high levels of nostalgia from some Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 1 games, like Star Fox 64, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Gauntlet Legends, Diddy Kong Racing (N64), or MediEvil, Mega Man X4, Final Fantasy 8, Heart of Darkness (PS1). And that's just to name a few; list doesn't even include any Zelda games that I'm nostalgic about. :bleh:

There are other games on other consoles that I have nostalgia from playing, like Sonic the Hedgehog 2... And really, the thing is that it doesn't need to be a really old game from when you first got into video games to make you nostalgic about it. At time goes on more and more games will become nostalgic for people, and that is certainly the case for me. I have fond memories and nostalgia even with GameCube games now. :)

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Other than Zelda? Since those were the staples of my youth. X3

Well, probably something like Final Fantasy VII. I remember watching my brothers play this game for hooours and how as a very young kid they would let me play for a few minutes each time they did and I fell in love with video games. Though I haven't played FF7 since I was around ten, it's what really makes me yearn for days of old, back when graphics looked blocky and everything felt really magical. Another would have to be the Super Smash Bros. series. Playing those games (especially the original) makes me remember how much fun I had smashing buttons on that oddly-shaped controller with my family for just hours. Also, Pokemon. Ahh, pokemon. How obsessed I was with it. I had the games, the cards, the VHS' of the cartoon, toys and everything POKEMON! The insanity! Me and my older brother still play Pokemon, and anytime we play together it's just a flood of really fun memories. C:

Mute

一員
I'd have to say that pretty much any game on the 64 would count for me. Notable ones include Mario 64, OoT, MM, Super Smash Bros., and Starfox 64. The SNES has a few, though, like Super Metroid, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dreamland 3, and even Final Fantasy 4 and 6. The gameboy also includes some, mainly Super Mario Land 2, Pokemon R/B/Y and Link's Awakening. Hell, even the PSX has some, like Resident Evil, Suikoden, and Breath of Fire 3. There's also the Saturn, where I have very fond memories of Astal, Panzer Dragoon, and Bug.

A lot of the games I have nostalgia from usually involve watching my brother play them. Although, the ones that have the most nostalgia attached to them are the ones I played, which wind up being a 5-way-tie between Mario 64, OoT, Starfox 64, Link's Awakening, and Super Mario Land 2. LA and SML2 are two of the first games I ever played, so I may be a bit biased towards them. Mario 64, OoT, and SF64 are games I played a lot once I was able to play the 64. They hold a lot of memories for me, to the point that I probably would never sell them even if I sold my 64.

I would have gave a description for Pokemon, but I still play the older games as often as the newer ones, which is pretty often. To the point that, while there's still nostalgia with them, it's almost like they never left long enough for it to have the same effect as the others.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The first video game I ever played was Super Metroid on the Super Nintendo, so when it comes to nostalgia, that one comes in first. Many other SNES games are nostalgic for me, though, like Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Mega Man X2 and Mega Man 7, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Killer Instinct... I even have high levels of nostalgia from some Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 1 games, like Star Fox 64, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Gauntlet Legends, Diddy Kong Racing (N64), or MediEvil, Mega Man X4, Final Fantasy 8, Heart of Darkness (PS1). And that's just to name a few; list doesn't even include any Zelda games that I'm nostalgic about. :bleh:

There are other games on other consoles that I have nostalgia from playing, like Sonic the Hedgehog 2... And really, the thing is that it doesn't need to be a really old game from when you first got into video games to make you nostalgic about it. At time goes on more and more games will become nostalgic for people, and that is certainly the case for me. I have fond memories and nostalgia even with GameCube games now. :)

I totally agree. Hey I see I made it in your list.:lol:

Well my most Nostalgic games would have to be...

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros 3
The Legend of Zelda
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES
Battle Toads
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic and Knuckles
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Gunstar Heroes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
WWF No Mercy
007 GoldenEye
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
Spider-Man 2000
Metroid Fusion
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2
Batman Vengeance
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Halo Combat Evolved
Max Payne
007 Everything or Nothing
Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Yeah that's pretty much it.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 64, Pac-Man Adventures in Time (PC), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban, and Quidditch World Cup (all HP games PC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom