• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Mafia: Attack on Space Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

be vigitant
Good job :yes:

---

Unvote

Vote: Rachel

Haven't see much from you. You lying low, scum?

I'm the bulletproof townie. I roleclaim because the strongman is dead and because you will probably die tonight, unless we lynch scum, thus I assume the mafia would not target me (wasting their kill).

As for lying low, I think I was hoping the mafia would target me to get a nightkill that wouldn't give away too much information. That way, they probably wouldn't use the Strongman on me. If I was trying to be obnoxious, I'd probably have stuck out as a possible bulletproof townie, and so I might have been strongmanned, or I might have been lynched for my behavior.
----

As for finding this remaining scum (the Ninja, Samus?):

Unfortunately the Watcher probably won't be able to find anything tonight because the Ninja is immune to Watchers, otherwise I'd recommend the Watcher target justa.

I don't think AvatarFlygon is mafia, looking through his posts in this thread. I could be wrong, but he seems more townie than the others still living.

If Samus is taken, then dibs on Dark Samus.

mmm qimme dat

Hmmm this is probably a questionable analysis but since Samus is the only mafia left, then maaybe the quote above indicates that ALiT is not Samus?

I'll have to look more into Mido/Mellow and Keeseman (and ALiT, I guess)

Mido

Version 1
Hmm, an interesting turnout, I'm glad we bagged scum! ( Good work out there, Mr. Froce! :yes: )

Hmm, I'm still concerned about where to go from here. AvatarFlygon initially doesn't ring suspicious to me, especially since he seemed to be against the Crafty One from the beginning, as we can never trust him. Still, I can't say that excuses him from being scum. I don't recall that there was ever a strong case on Pendio, anyways, so perhaps it can go either way. (Even though he did vote for me when I signed up for the game! :xd: )

As for your claim, Rachel, I'm rather hesitant to trust it I'm afraid. I mean, I've been on your Mafia team before, and you're pretty consistent with your play, so I remain wary for now.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so far we have:

Mido
A Link in Time
justac00lguy
Keeseman
Rachel

I'm going to do a slight analysis on each to narrow it down. (except myself, lol)

---

Mido
Ok, so Mido as provided some good insight since he's joined; however, it's not him who I'm concerned with. I thought someone slipped under the radar and I just remembered it was Mellow who he replaced.

You guys know where I stand on Mellow. I originally thought he was connected to PK, but that doesn't seem likely now since he flipped Town Vig. Although, Mellow's actions still were a bit odd. However now I've found two sort of, odd, stand out posts:
Mellow Ezlo said:
Musicfan, I don't agree with your reasoning. JJ could grant immunity to any player who needs to take a break. He didn't pick Heroine because she is the SK, he picked her because she said she needed a break, and she's the only one to have said such a thing. The fact that she's protected means nothing.
He was defending JJ's decision to protect Heroine (who was Mafia Btw) straight away without even questioning it. This seems to me like he supported it and had an insight to it, which would make sense if he was Heroine's scum bud.

Also:

Mellow Ezlo said:
Here he wanted the poll to be anonymous. Did he have a guilty conscious?

Mellow was just acting odd in my opinion. He was also playing it rather safe in numerous situations, which is why I was suspicious of Bo ( who flipped scum)

A Link in Time

I kind d of trust Alit this game more so than I usually do. His posts have been consistent and truly nothing stands out to me as scum. I'm around 75% sure he's Town as he agreed on points against Mellow, didn't rush to lynch me when some other Mafia folk did, he questioned why were lynching Thar (defending him somewhat). It just doesn't seem Mafia-like to support people this way.

Now I'm not dismissing that he could be fooling his all, but he'd be going a out-of-the-way and out of his comfort zone to do so. So far I'm leaning towards him being Town.

Keeseman
He hasn't posted a wholesale lot so it's hard to analyse fully. Nothing really stands out to me though. He seemed questionable of lynching PK and he acknowledged that he forgot to unvote Pancake, which ultimately caused a tie and Pan's death. However, we can't use that against him as the PK was also a Townie so...

There is that one post were he analysed everyone in the game though:

Keeseman said:
Mellow Ezlo - totes suspicious af
A Link in Time - fairly active, but nothing's caught my attention
Big Octo - can't say
justac00lguy - counterclaimed(?) Doctor
Keeseman - fairly inactive
Erebea - inactive
pkfroce - Vig (Ridley)
Thareous - Doctor (Mother Brain
Rachel - edikah
Heroine of Time - who knows?
Now there is nothing really suspicious about this here. He remains fairly neutral on most and oblivious to their roles, which is honestly a fair assessment as it was hard to point out at that time. He also was quite wary of lynching Thar due to him being the doctor, but he quickly got on to my counterclaim.

Keeseman doesn't seem scummy to me either. He's been rather inactive, but has been rather consistent. I'm remaining neutral on him, but slightly leaning towards him being Town.

Rachel
Another who has been rather inactive. However, I believe her role claim. For one, considering what happened to Thar, it would be risky for Mafia to fake claim as then the actual person with the he role could catch them out. If Rachel was truly lying then surly the real Bulletproof Townie would step forward. With one Mafia member remaining the goal is not to attract attention to yourself.

If no one counter claims then I believe her role claim.

It's one of his first games and I still believe he's still grasping how to play and whatnot. I've read his posts with the state of mind that he's new and I honestly can't see him being Mafia. However, if my target doesn't turn out to be Mafia then I may have to turn to Avatar as the next, best, alternative.

I'm thinking that Mellow is Mafia guys. Of course he was replaced by Mido, but we can't just overlook Mellow's posts. Read my thoughts on Mellow/Mido to see why.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

Mido

Version 1
Mido

Ok, so Mido as provided some good insight since he's joined; however, it's not him who I'm concerned with. I thought someone slipped under the radar and I just remembered it was Mellow who he replaced.

You guys know where I stand on Mellow. I originally thought he was connected to PK, but that doesn't seem likely now since he flipped Town Vig. Although, Mellow's actions still were a bit odd. However now I've found two sort of, odd, stand out posts:

He was defending JJ's decision to protect Heroine (who was Mafia Btw) straight away without even questioning it. This seems to me like he supported it and had an insight to it, which would make sense if he was Heroine's scum bud.

Also:

Mellow was just acting odd in my opinion. He was also playing it rather safe in numerous situations, which is why I was suspicious of Bo ( who flipped scum)

Hmm, I figured this would happen, and to be honest, I kind of agree with you on your points. From my own experience playing with Mr. Mellow Ezlo, he seems to play safely in general. In MM mafia, he, along with Rainy both backed off of our bandwagon on JJ almost immediately when the numbers began to pile up. I think the situation here cements itself further in what Thareous said: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46849&p=826941&viewfull=1#post82694. He seems to establish a connection that Ezlo has with Big Octo, yet it is more abstract. I know that I'm drawing attention to myself, but I'm just trying to say that I can't really justify Ezlo's actions at this point. Perhaps it is a certain cautious approach?

Since I don't have too much to say at the moment, I'll address the rest of this:

A Link in Time

I kind of trust Alit this game more so than I usually do. His posts have been consistent and truly nothing stands out to me as scum. I'm around 75% sure he's Town as he agreed on points against Mellow, didn't rush to lynch me when some other Mafia folk did, he questioned why were lynching Thar (defending him somewhat). It just doesn't seem Mafia-like to support people this way.

Now I'm not dismissing that he could be fooling his all, but he'd be going a out-of-the-way and out of his comfort zone to do so. So far I'm leaning towards him being Town.

I've learned from past games that ALIT is a sly player in his own right, and as much as I believe that he's town at the moment, I'm rather wary nonetheless. From experience, he's gotten the better of me beforehand! :lol: From what you said about him in your analysis above, I do think that his approach has been town-like. The only thing that slightly bugs me is position on Thar. Perhaps he made this position to isolate himself from the mafia on Thar's lynch. Thar has made some slips before, yet ALIT did say that Thar wouldn't make a mistake like this. That, I could believe. All in all, I think that ALIT is being truthful in his beliefs. I don't sense much of a ploy.

Keeseman

He hasn't posted a wholesale lot so it's hard to analyse fully. Nothing really stands out to me though. He seemed questionable of lynching PK and he acknowledged that he forgot to unvote Pancake, which ultimately caused a tie and Pan's death. However, we can't use that against him as the PK was also a Townie so...

There is that one post were he analysed everyone in the game though:

Now there is nothing really suspicious about this here. He remains fairly neutral on most and oblivious to their roles, which is honestly a fair assessment as it was hard to point out at that time. He also was quite wary of lynching Thar due to him being the doctor, but he quickly got on to my counterclaim.

Keeseman doesn't seem scummy to me either. He's been rather inactive, but has been rather consistent. I'm remaining neutral on him, but slightly leaning towards him being Town.

Rachel

Another who has been rather inactive. However, I believe her role claim. For one, considering what happened to Thar, it would be risky for Mafia to fake claim as then the actual person with the he role could catch them out. If Rachel was truly lying then surly the real Bulletproof Townie would step forward. With one Mafia member remaining the goal is not to attract attention to yourself.

If no one counter claims then I believe her role claim.

It's one of his first games and I still believe he's still grasping how to play and whatnot. I've read his posts with the state of mind that he's new and I honestly can't see him being Mafia. However, if my target doesn't turn out to be Mafia then I may have to turn to Avatar as the next, best, alternative. [/spoiler]

I'm thinking that Mellow is Mafia guys. Of course he was replaced by Mido, but we can't just overlook Mellow's posts. Read my thoughts on Mellow/Mido to see why.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

Keeseman's List = Keeseman is scum I think that Keeseman, although inactive, has offered some solid points here and there, but I really can't say much on him. I guess if I have to say anything, that list, combined with activity level, can say something about alignment. Rainy was highly active in BM7 and pulled a similar tactic; likewise with Gumball in Pirates, although less active if I recall right.

Rachel is one of the most consistent players on this site in my opinion, so like Keeseman, I can't bag her on anything at the moment. As for her claim, I'm still at ends given her consistent playstyle. Otherwise, I agree with you here, as a counterclaim (or lack thereof) would strengthen or weaken her claim.

AvatarFlygon is a new player that holds up well, better than I did one year ago. I guess the only thing I could say about him is that he seemed to be quick to vote Thar, and his opinions on Pendio could have been a facade to make him seem town. (I don't have a solid stance on the latter point.) I may be overthinking the actions of Flygon, but that's all I've observed from my quick read-through.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Wait, I'm still alive?! Awesome!

Alright, I've been gone for several days, mostly due to school starting and international flights and such. I will be reading over what is where and stuff. brb kthxbai

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know it's unfair that you can't really justify Mellow's actions and it puts you in an awkward situation. However, I've been analysing his posts, his interactions with fellow scum and just his meta. Everything seems slightly scummy and just off. I think that you're the best target not because of you, yourself, bit instead what Mellow did previously.

I don't see how any of the rest are good alternatives. Alit and Keeseman have been pretty consistent so that would be a risk. Rachel is confirmed (unless someone counterclaims) and Avatar we can excuse some of his actions since this is his first time.

Mido

Version 1
Well, based on what I've seen, I'm thinking about getting more looks in on Rachel and Mr. Flygon, to be honest, these are just gut feelings. I would say, if I were not in my place at the moment, that I would be the best target, but I'm afraid I can't do this. :lol:

Also, just a heads up, I have finals next week, so I'll try to remain active if possible! (If I even survive this day!)

Rachel

be vigitant
Mido, could you expand on AvatarFlygon (and me?) I'd guess that if I were fake claiming, the real bulletproof would counterclaim me. I'm not trying any strategy like Thar did with his fake claim.

I agree with your points about Mellow, JC. Mido has such a consistent playstyle that it's hard to tell whether he's scum or townie. It seems kinda dangerous for Mellow to defend HoT if they were scumbuddies, since mafia usually try to keep away from defending each other, but I'm not sure.

vote count plz (I think there's just one vote, right?)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think we've most likely got this. I'm pretty sure your claim ie true, Rachel, as surly someone would have counter claimed and it seems odd for the only remaining Mafiaso to do such a thing. That basically means we have a 25% chance today and I'm fairly certain about Mellow. I think we just need to come to a conclusion and make sure we have enough votes to lynch the right person.

Alit, Avatar, Keeseman, what are you thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom