• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Evolutions Confirmed for Pokémon X and Y!

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I think Mega Evolutions are a cool addition and should produce some really cool Pokémon designs! Plus, I want to see this:

JqJzoJB.jpg

Fig

The Altruist
New trailer for the Mega Evolutions have been revealed recently in the Pokemon World Video Game/TCG Championships today. I honestly love the trailer! Can't wait to use the Mega Evolutions in my team, although I'm really thinking that you only need to run one of them since of the limitations of unable to have multiple Mega Evolutions at one time in the same battle phase. Either way, check out this trailer!

[video=youtube;hKYwt-DPhhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKYwt-DPhhw[/video]

EonNinja

Pokemon Master
And here I was thinking that fights in PMD fanfics couldn't get more like Dragonball Z...not saying I have a problem with it, though! I'm glad they're breathing new life into old creations. Now, God willing that there are more generations, we'll have another factor to anticipate: more Mega Evolutions.

Fig

The Altruist
So it has been confirmed that Mega Evolutions are a choice in the battle menu! You can choose to Mega Evolve and then attack on the same turn! X3

Also there has been a list about targeted Pokemon to maybe gain a Mega Evolution. Here's the list:
1174542_225147147642484_118097483_n.png

If you ask me, that's very unfair to Venusaur. He's been my main Kanto starter for years and it hurts to see him not even get picked for a possible chance at a Mega Evolution. Also, based on the picture does it mean that we may get Scizor's Mega Evolution sometime soon? Keep in mind that this picture is not confirmed nor false. It's just a rumor, but I might as well discuss about it with you guys.

Fig

The Altruist
1231460_379001872225414_1779831228_n.png

^This. *fangirls in the process* It's so cool to see the first Pokémon starters that started the entire franchise earn their very own Mega Evolution! This is going to be an awesome ride in the Pokémon world! My reaction when I first saw this news at 1 AM:

tumblr_mdgodroJh61rl4mdwo1_r1_400.gif

Mega-Blastoise_Official-Art_300dpi-690x602.jpg

Blastoise has just turned Bad***! This has to be my favorite design out of the First Gen Mega Evolutions. If I had to pick a starter other than Charmander, Squrtle would be the one!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I find that Mega Blastoise to be pretty blech. His face is all wrong, and those proportions are just... impossible. There's no way he'd be able to support that third cannon. It's way too large. Also, why is he still shooting water from his mouth? You think they'd have fixed that by now, especially with a third ****ing cannon on his back.

Mega Venusaur is alright. I think the normal design is a bit better, but then again, it was also pretty generic.

Mega Charizard... **** yes. **** YES! It's not as original as it could be, but that thing is a ****ING BEAST! It reminds me of how the Wyvern Rider's dragons look in The Sacred Stones, and that's certainly not a bad thing. Plus, the normal Charizard is, like Venusaur, pretty generic.

...By the way, I think it's even stranger now that Charizard isn't a Dragon type. But, hey, at least he won't be afraid of fairies! ^^

Edit: One thing I'm noticing about these Mega Evolutions (not just with those three, but in general) is that they all seem to be... I dunno, beefed-up looking versions of their normal forms rather than being something original. I don't mind them having a resemblance, but it's just a creative limitation, and it's often resulted in awkward, if not downright terrible designs.

Charizard seems to be the only one to find a proper balance so far. It looks like a legit evolution, but still keeps the same core outline. :yes:

If you ask me, that's very unfair to Venusaur. He's been my main Kanto starter for years and it hurts to see him not even get picked for a possible chance at a Mega Evolution.

I just now actually noticed how hilarious this is. XD

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I smell Mega Dunsparce and Mega Farfetched. Ooooooh, the aroma of Mega Heracross overwhelms me. And the scent of Mega Scizor is quite nostalgic. Mmmmm.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm ok with the Mega Evolutions so far. We've had Baby Pokemon for quite some time now, so the next step in breaking out of the standard 3-tier evolutionary lines is to make the last one even stronger for a short while. I am slightly concerned that this may be opening up the bottle that leads to the series jumping the shark, but whatever. It's almost 20 years old anyways, time to shake up the formula a bit!

For the record, I really like Mega Charizard, Ampharos, and Mawile the best.

Fig

The Altruist
So apparently, in the new Corocoro magazine we have been confirmed two new Mega Evolutions! It appears that Garchomp will have a Mega Evolution as the picture shows! Mega Garchomp will have the ability Sandforce will really make this Pokemon have potential in the metagame especially when used in a Sandstorm team.

corocoro9134th.jpg

The other Mega Evolution may be a shocker to all of you! We all heard about Mega Mewtwo correct? Well, now it looks he has another Mega Evolution! Apparently Mewtwo's Mega Evolution will depend on which version of the game you are playing on. For now, this is known as Mega Mewtwo X! The previous Mega Evolution that we all know will be known as Mega Mewtwo Y.

corocoro9133th.jpg

This new Mega Evolution is only found in Pokemon X and must use the Mewtwonite X, while Pokemon Y players will have to use Mewtwonite Y to Mega Evolve. Mega Mewtwo X will be a Psychic/Fighitng Type and have the ability Steadfast.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
So apparently, in the new Corocoro magazine we have been confirmed two new Mega Evolutions! It appears that Garchomp will have a Mega Evolution as the picture shows! Mega Garchomp will have the ability Sandforce will really make this Pokemon have potential in the metagame especially when used in a Sandstorm team.

corocoro9134th.jpg

The other Mega Evolution may be a shocker to all of you! We all heard about Mega Mewtwo correct? Well, now it looks he has another Mega Evolution! Apparently Mewtwo's Mega Evolution will depend on which version of the game you are playing on. For now, this is known as Mega Mewtwo X! The previous Mega Evolution that we all know will be known as Mega Mewtwo Y.

corocoro9133th.jpg

This new Mega Evolution is only found in Pokemon X and must use the Mewtwonite X, while Pokemon Y players will have to use Mewtwonite Y to Mega Evolve. Mega Mewtwo X will be a Psychic/Fighitng Type and have the ability Steadfast.

Holy Stealth Rock that Mega Garchomp is the sickest thing ever <3<3<3 Also that Mewtwo looks like a physical attacker as opposed to a special attacker.

...By the way, I think it's even stranger now that Charizard isn't a Dragon type. But, hey, at least he won't be afraid of fairies! ^^

He's still afraid of Stealth Rock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom