• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Evolutions Confirmed for Pokémon X and Y!

Fig

The Altruist
They're just distracting and unnecessary. Similar situation with the flames on Blaziken's wrists, although they're not nearly as offensive.

Edit: I'll leave this here and see who gets it.

1098464_121852281318496_1712874835_n.png

:xd: I get it Power Rangers Mega Morph!

Also, I am editing the main post as you read this. Please be aware, that the Mega Evolutions will only take place during the battle. The evoluiton is NOT permanent. Thank you for your cooperation and have a safe evening.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Someone doesn't know what Power Rangers is, I guess.

Power wha? I thought we were...? lol.
Honestly though. P.rangers, Digimon, whatever. It seems Pokèmon is going far beyond its roots regarding gameplay mechanics. I'm satisfied.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was basically my reaction to this leak. *nerdgasms*
SO FREAKING EPIC!

calming down... I wonder if other starters like blaziken will have mega evolutions.

I really hope this is real.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
From what I've seen almost none of you even Pokemon. Heard talk of Blaziken being OP'd and stuff on this board. I mean, do you guys even EV? :/ Blaziken is good but it's not OP'd..
But wouldn't this technically make Blaziken OP'd now? It's one of my primary concerns. :(

These Mega Evolutions both amaze and puzzle me. They amaze me because, well, just look at them! It's very unique concept and I'm glad they could introduce it in Gen 6. I'm also glad that both Mawile and Absol were included, as they both deserved some sort of evolution. I'm puzzled primarily because of Blaziken. Not because I believe it'll be OP'd, but because it's an evolution of a starter. I know they could've chosen another Pokémon to fill Blaziken's place (i.e. Pinsir and Heracross), yet they chose him anyways. Why? Regardless of what I think, I'm still looking forward to seeing these Mega Evolutions in X & Y.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;YTHgE0vtOXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU[/video]

Bam, check it.

It's very unique concept and I'm glad they could introduce it in Gen 6.

Whoa whoa whoa. What about mega evolutions is unique? This shizzle has existed in Digimon since forever. GF is just now latching onto high-tier evolutions. Nothing unique. It's just new to PKMN.

But wouldn't this technically make Blaziken OP'd now? It's one of my primary concerns. :(

These Mega Evolutions both amaze and puzzle me. They amaze me because, well, just look at them! It's very unique concept and I'm glad they could introduce it in Gen 6. I'm also glad that both Mawile and Absol were included, as they both deserved some sort of evolution. I'm puzzled primarily because of Blaziken. Not because I believe it'll be OP'd, but because it's an evolution of a starter. I know they could've chosen another Pokémon to fill Blaziken's place (i.e. Pinsir and Heracross), yet they chose him anyways. Why? Regardless of what I think, I'm still looking forward to seeing these Mega Evolutions in X & Y.

I know, right? It leaves me baffled and a bit worried. I mean, are all Pokemon going to receive this treatment? And if so, then are some of the previous "formes" going to be retconned as "mega evolutions"? Or is the forme-changing going to remain a unique concept all its own? One thing's almost certain, though, and that's the idea that a lot of Pokemon that lack evolved forms are probably going to be getting a mega. Knowing this, I just can't get over Pokemon like Ampharos and Blaziken receiving one, especially Blaziken. It's a great, welcoming implementation, but I feel that regulation will be needed to prevent broken gameplay. As such, I am hoping that the supposed "Mega Stone" will provide such regulation.

Hmm... I also would have preferred if Pokemon like Absol and Mawile received straight out evolutions rather than a "mega," but this'll do.

Whoa whoa whoa. What about mega evolutions is unique? This shizzle has existed in Digimon since forever. GF is just now latching onto high-tier evolutions. Nothing unique. It's just new to PKMN.

So true... lol

At this point, I am just hoping that legendaries do not receive the mega treatment. But if certain formes are retconned as megas, then oh well... :J

Mega Sky Forme Shaymin for the win...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan

People still pay attention to Digimon? Wait, people care about Digimon? This is news to me. :O Nonetheless, I'm sure the Pokémon franchise will add a unique spin on it to make it unique.

Fig

The Altruist
So it is now confirmed that Koruni's English to be Korrina. She is the Gym Leader in Shalour City where the Tower of Mastery is. I wonder what Type will Korrina specialize in. But yes, I am still hyped for the Mega Evolutions. :kawaii:

Also a new game concept has been confirmed to X and Y, Super Training. More on that today.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Super Training is when minigames are used to up the stats on your PKMN, yes? It sounds like Command Board to me o_O

Aw man, I sure hope that Alakazam gets a mega; my long lost adoration for the first generation will then be rekindled...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Aw man, I sure hope that Alakazam gets a mega; my long lost adoration for the first generation will then be rekindled...

Whoa hey don't get yer hopes up yadig, see, I don't see GF/Nintendo doing such a thing, I don't think they would push Megas on every Pokemon ever because that'd entail designing and redesigning new sprites/models!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom