• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Evolutions Confirmed for Pokémon X and Y!

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys are watching the Zelda Dungeon Marathon! I know I am, even as I'm writing this post.

As I was scrolling through Serebii.net, a website filled with Pokémon informaiton and resources galore, I have notice a brand new gameplay element where certain Pokémon can "Mega Evolve"! You heard me, this is a new feature that will be in the new games X and Y. Corocoro Magazine has revealed artwork of some of these Mega Evolutions. It's currently unconfirmed if this is real of not, but I'm not complaining. Currently there are six Mega Evolutions confirmed, including Mewtwo's Awakening form! Here's the picture:

All 6 Pokémon:
corocoro8132th.jpg

MegaBlaziken:
megablaziken.jpg

MegaLucario:
megalucario.jpg

MegaMawile:
megamawile.jpg

MegaAbsol:
megaabsol.jpg

MegaAmpharos:
megaampharos.jpg

MegaMewtwo:
mewtwo.png

Korrina:
corocoro8135th.jpg

1st Pokémon Event for X and Y:
corocoro8136th.jpg

Mega Evolutions Trailer:
[video=youtube;YTHgE0vtOXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU[/video]

Link to the official released screenshots of the Mega Evolutions:
http://www.serebii.net/xy/pics.shtml

MegaKangaskhan:
megakangaskhanth.jpg

With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team. This is presumably to allow for a specific balance in the Pokémon. It also clarifies that the Pokémon will revert after the battle has ended, not within it itself when the battle finishes. During the VGC Opening Ceremony, Junichi Masuda revealed a new Mega Pokémon, Mega Kangaskhan. It has the ability Parental Bond that allows its attacks to hit twice in one turn. -Corocoro Magazine, Serebii.net

From what we can see, Blaziken, Lucarion, Absol, Mawile, Mewtwo, Ampharos, and Kangaskhan gained the new Mega Evolution! Based on what Corocoro Magazine has revealed, MegaMawile will be a Steel/Fairy Dual-Type. The normal form of Mawile is also confirmed to gain the Fairy Typing as well, making it a Steel/Fairy Pokémon as of X and Y. MegaMawile will have the new ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken will have the ability Speed Boost. MegaLucario has the ability Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce. MegaMewtwo has the ability Insomnia. And MegaAmpraos will have the Dual-Typing of Electric/Dragon and has the new ability Mold Breaker. MegaKangaskhan will have the ability Parental Power, which will actually allow itself to attack twice per turn. The baby Kangaskhan will also be joining the fight with its mother as the pictures have showned. Also, A new character is shown and is named Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and also holds the key to understanding how the Mega Evolutions occurs and how to utilize them during battle. It is now confirmed that Koruni's English to be Korrina. She is the Gym Leader in Shalour City where the Tower of Mastery is. It is also confirmed that these new Mega Evolutions will take place only during the battle phase. These Mega Evolutions will not be permanent, so don't fret! Although, this will really change the metagame more than we expected! On another note, the first event for Pokémon X and Y. Torchic will be the distributed Pokémon and will be available from October 12th to Januarty 15th. Here's what we know so far:

First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight (possibly Blazikenite) and has its Hidden Ability of Speed Boost. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone. -Corocoro Magazine, Serebii.net

My honest opinion, I think this looks epic/cute! Ampharos is all like" I'm fabulous. Check out my awesome hair!" I personally love Blaziken and Lucario's Mega Evolutions! What are your takes on these Mega Evolutions! I think it's cute to see the baby Kangaskhan finally be a part of the battle! :3 Do you like/love/dislike/hate them? Which is your favorite? Which Pokémon do you want to see have a Mega Evolution? Do you think GameFreak is trying to hard? Please comment and discuss on what you think about the Mega Evolutions and as always thanks for reading!

Source: Serebii.net

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Damn it Fig! I was JUST about to make a thread on this. >_>'

Anyway, yeah, I so called that they were running with Digimon in this installment. Reminds me of Metal Garurumon. The only really cool one imo is Lucario. He looks so boss.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Ven is a faker. He doesn't even Pokemon.

I just saw these pictures, and I think that the new evolutions are really cool. I hope they give more pokemon a fourth evolution, maybe Charizard. :brow:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
YES. MAWILE. MAYBE I CAN FINALLY USE IT. Absol looks like a boss as does Lucario. I'm honestly not a fan of Blaziken, and Ampharos is my baby.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mega Evolutions. Sure, they look cool, but will they be overpowered? Are they just new formes? I don't know.

BTW, "MegaAmpharos" should just be called Amphabulous.

Honestly I hope these are not permanent changes because I think it would bring a huge unbalance to competitive battling especially since not all Pokémon will guarantee to have mega evolutions.

Deku

...But I ain't no scrub.
I'm absolutely in love with this idea - and what's more? All of those mega evolutions look really well-designed! I hope every Pokemon gets one of these!! :D

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Many of these Mega Evolution forms taint previously great designs. Ampharos looks pretty cool, and Blaziken's alright (although a step down from his normal design), but the others range from mediocre to absolutely horrid. Mega Lucario would be fine without those three prongs of fur on the back of his head, Mega Mawile's jaws look like they've become deformed, Mega Absol looks like an inverse emo, and Mega Mewtwo... Mega Mewtwo is just one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. His anatomy has basically been flipped, which results in a disproportionate mess.

I like the idea of Mega Evolution, but I get the feeling many of my favorite Pokemon will wind up looking blech after going through the process. I hope it's kept to a minimum.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Mega Absol looks like an inverse emo, and Mega Mewtwo... Mega Mewtwo is just one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. His anatomy has basically been flipped, which results in a disproportionate mess.

QFT. I especially agree with the comment regarding MegaAbsol. Like, when I looked at Absol before I thought of this mysterious badass (due in part to Red/Blue Rescue Team). Now with this Mega variant, I see...what you said above. I'm not sure whether to call the Mega evolutions "unnecessary", "uninspired", or "unreasonable". >_>'

Still, I completley disagree with the comment about MegaLucario. Those prongs of fur make him still awesome. ;p
Lumpy_Intro2.png

Are these permanent changes or is it like alternate forms or digivolution?
I ask because I honestly find this unnecessary...

K

Katana_Kito

I do think Lucario looks pretty cool, but for Absol, it just kind of ruined what i thought of the Pokemon. Blaziken's look is kinda weird, and so are the others.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
So I could achieve Ampharos' Mega Evolution just as accurately by putting a wig on it? :P

I quite like this idea, although I don't really see the sequence in what exactly can Mega Evolve. Seems quite random but I'm not complaining, I quite like it really, ups the ceiling of evolution which is always nice. As for the designs, on the whole, I quite like them. In-keeping with the old design and just adding a few new frills to the mix. Blaziken's new design is the most stand-out one for me, I like that look.

Hope we see more Mega Evolutions! Psyduck needs one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

**** yes. Please take my money! All that comes to mind is this'n:
[video=youtube;n9lg3iTsQlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lg3iTsQlA[/video]

Oh man. So freaking sexy. I hope this is Pokemon XY anime's theme song <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom