• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask on Virtual Console

D

Deleted member 121

Okay, be real guys, GCN games on VC? GCN disks are about 1 - 2 gigs a disk, not to mention the Wii is too slow to emulate th GCN. So GCN on the VC is out of the question.

That being said, Majora's Mask will likely be out on VC by the end of Q2 '08. I think that it's a must have for those who don't have Zelda Collectors Edition for GCN

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Considering that the gamecube games are so huge in size, it would take too much space to download them. Also, considering the Wii PLAYS Gamecube games, it makes no sense for Nintendo to offer them as downloadable when fans can just buy the actual games. While new gamecube titles aren't really being made much these days, they are still quite easy to find and most game stores still have a section for Gamecube.

I personally think one of the problems with the virtual console is that they rushed a lot of the great games out so quickly. I mean, what are they going to release in like a year or so? I think they should have mixed 'great' games with some not so good or just lesser known games and slowly progressed.

I think with the way they have handled it, I'd be shocked if Majora's Mask wasn't available within the next 6 monthes or so.

Actually, zeypherlink, the Master System is on the Virtual Console. Don't believe me? Well...
Clicky!! --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console#Pricing

LOL at you trusting a wiki...anyone can edit those useless articles. Plus the Master System is basically the Genesis anyways...The only game I think I liked on the master system was Golden Axe Warrior.

But yeah, we will see MM on the VC fairly soon...even tho they should have prolonged the release of Zelda titles on the VC since the next console Zelda will be delayed 100 times...

MM was definately my favorite Zelda game. It's very cool and had a lot to do so it never got boring. But I don't know why they changed his attacking grunts. I personally like the OOT grunts better.

Z

ZeroLink

When I said that in the future they should release GCN games on the VC, I meant on the next console. Not the Wii. That'd be ridiculous. I meant when its outdated enough that it has cause to be released on the VC.

G

GANONsys

MM was also my fav and the only game on any vc console on the Wii, that I am waiting for. In OoT, when I first stepped out of Kokiri Forest and into Hyrule Field, I was awe struck, but when I played MM and reached the ocean, I was even more awestruck. I've played through all the Zelda games more than once (due to rereleases and roms and vc), but MM is the only one I've only played once, I want to relive the adventure.

My Wii has been unplugged for about a month or so now because of lack of VC games. The last thing I bought was a WiiWare game. Dr. Mario Online Rx. Now, that seems to be all they are doing with the download service. They are trying to push out these WiiWare titles that, most of are worthless, instead of focusing on good VC games. I mean, sure they still bring out the occasional VC game, but its one I've either never heard of, or played and thought was worthless.

I think it will be a while before MM comes out, because of this. They want to push WiiWare, so they have basically forgotten about what good games they may have left to release on VC, or don't want to because they know veteran gamers will buy the VC games instead. Majora's Mask is at the top of my list of games I'm waiting to see, alongside Chrono Trigger (which may never happen), and Super Mario RPG. Until then, I've got 1000 Wii points that aren't gettin back to Nintendo any time soon. But the fact that it hasn't been released yet dosen't concern me too much as a Nintendo customer, because as much as I would like to have Majora's Mask be released, it dosen't hurt much to just get up and put Collector's Edition in there and play it.

Last edited:
MM will eventually be released along side with TWW, TMC, and the Oracles. And I say if you want to play Chrono Trigger or the Super Mario RPG so bad, get yourself a Super Nintendo (still my fav Nintendo console)

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
MM will eventually be released along side with TWW, TMC, and the Oracles. And I say if you want to play Chrono Trigger or the Super Mario RPG so bad, get yourself a Super Nintendo (still my fav Nintendo console)

Are you sure they'd put TWW on it? I don't know if they would, considering it's a GC game and the Wii can play it.

And I agree with you about the Super Nintendo.

True, but if that was the case for Super Nintendo games I wanted to see on the VC, or N64, sega, ect., I could just get out those systems as well, hook em up, and blow in the cartridge a few times. That would defeat the entire purpose of the Virtual Console. I have all those systems, but most people don't anymore, or at least can't find some of the games for them, which is why Nintendo created VC in the first place.

MM will probably release on the VC around mid-late 2009. Reason why is because it would be the last console Zelda game, but it won't come out near the end of the Wii's lifespan, because in all likelyhood, the new DS will have a VC-like feature enabling people to download GB/C from the Shop Channel to the new DS (which'll support SD), and there will be the GB/C Zeldas there.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I think sometime in the near future MM will be released. Like cmon, it was a great Zelda game and Nintendo would make lots of money off it. How can they refuse? :P

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
yeah that's been bugging me since like I finally could have access to to the internet in my wii, but I was wondering they put "Milon's Secret Castle" that actually nobody know about but they don't put MM!? that's just crazy

Note:
I know that Milon's Secret Castle it's a bad game 'cause I saw it in one of the videos of Angry VideoGame Nerd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom