• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
FFFFFFFFFF...I feel like you're playing with my mind.

Have you ever seen The Princess Bride? You remember the "poison game" from that movie? Maybe he put the poison in his own cup, maybe he didn't.

All I'm saying is your trying to second guess my motives with "maybes". You don't know what alignment I am. So how can you possibly know what my motives are? Instead of following the maybes, follow the content of my posts. What I have really done that's scummish?

I'm really not trying to confuse you here. Does this make sense now?

1. Saying you if you HAD to vote you WOULDN'T makes ZERO sense. Now answer this question: If you HAD to vote WHO would you vote for?

2. Who are you addressing? If it's me, then I never said we should rush to vote, but at least try our best in the next three days to come to a voting decision since NO VOTE is not really an option. Per rules, someone has to be lynched. (Unless of course NO ONE VOTES but is that really an option Mod?)

3. The blue stuff: I disagree with you here. I'm getting a little irritated with people saying that pro-activeness is scumtell. Yes, it is something the mafia would do, but people need to be pro-active in scum hunting or we'll never going to find the scum. How else do you play the game? I'm going to say this one more time and then I'll shut-up about it: the scum are not going to come out and say "Lynch me, I'm scum!" We have to find them and expose them.

Firstly, it makes perfect sense, if I had to vote right now because of PJ stating that the end of the day was soon, I just wouldn't vote. I don't see the point in voting for someone when the only reason I would be doing so is because I felt pressured into doing it. Really not that hard to understand...

Secondly, I'm sure I was meant to quote someone there, but it seems I forgot, so I'm not sure who it was, but it probably was you.

And finally, we are allowed to believe what we want. If we think pro-activeness is a scumtell, I have every right to be suspicious of you, but I'm not. About that last sentence, of course not, but you have no point there. By causing everyone to be suspicious of each other, it's more likely that it's going to cause the death of more townies because you want us to charge right in there and cause havoc by making everyone suspcious of someone with little reasoning. Asking people who they'd vote for right now is causing this, as you are asking people to point out others when we have had little time to actually build up any real suspicions that aren't base on weak evidence. I know what you mean with the scumhunting thing, but if you try to hard you may just ending up killing people because you read to far into their actions. I've done if before, in the last game. In that game we didn't really kill any Mafia...

Still don't really find anyone suspicious, seeing as no-one has really done anything suspicious outside of those that I believe are beginners mistakes.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
And finally, we are allowed to believe what we want. If we think pro-activeness is a scumtell, I have every right to be suspicious of you, but I'm not. About that last sentence, of course not, but you have no point there. By causing everyone to be suspicious of each other, it's more likely that it's going to cause the death of more townies because you want us to charge right in there and cause havoc by making everyone suspcious of someone with little reasoning. Asking people who they'd vote for right now is causing this, as you are asking people to point out others when we have had little time to actually build up any real suspicions that aren't base on weak evidence. I know what you mean with the scumhunting thing, but if you try to hard you may just ending up killing people because you read to far into their actions. I've done if before, in the last game. In that game we didn't really kill any Mafia...

Still don't really find anyone suspicious, seeing as no-one has really done anything suspicious outside of those that I believe are beginners mistakes.

Okay, I'm gonna get on my last little soap box here and then I'll be done with this. It's seems hardly anybody is listening to me.

Suspicions of others =/= lynching. A single vote even =/= lynching. Suspicions is somewhere to start, to get the ball rolling.

Let's say that I make a case against you. Does this mean I want you lynched? Not necessarily. Does this mean you will be lynched? Not necessarily. I'm merely making my case to encourage discussion. Get people talking. Maybe with your defense, I might have second thoughts on voting you. Maybe someone will say something suspicious in response to my case.

After a few rounds in the game, we can look at voting patterns. Who wanted who to be lynched? Who pushed for who to be lynched? But that can't happen if people don't vote. By not voting or contributing to who you suspicious of, you just become a "question mark". You're being too "safe". I realize I'm risking a whole lot by putting my neck on the line.

If we keep on sitting back and saying "Gee, I don't find anyone suspicous." "Golly, I'll sit back and let others do something suspicious." Then no discussion is encouraged. We'll be nowhere and get to Day 2 and still won't know anything.

Havoc only is activated if people stopped using their brain. Reasonable suspicions, intelligent debates, pro-active SCUM hunting, this is not havoc. I am in no way advocating havoc and chaos. I just don't won't people to sit on the sidelines and watch. With that said: lurkers POST MOAR!

BTW, I feel like we're getting in the trap of discussing theory and personal playstyles. So let's try not to talk about this anymore. If any of you newbies out there want to know some mafia theory, click this link: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Theory

Wasn't it in both? .-. That's like saying my FoS is basically hurting us both~

...I forget. FAIL.

I think you're right... it was... Lol hadn't he built up tolerance to the poison so he could drink it without getting hurt?

So basically our options at this point...

- vote for a no lynch
- vote for a player

Granted we still have some time. its only the 9th and we have till the 11th.

Other then the fact that we'd let the mafia get a free hit, by voting for a no lynch. It might be very effective to do so, and see who they eliminate from the game. Then go back look at that person's posts and find out why the mafia would choose to kill them. Chances are, they are on the right track for discovering some scum.

But also we must be cautious before electing to do a "no-lynch" for during the night peroid... The vigilante, scum, and SK will be loose and potentially 3 townies will be killed. We essentially have 8 nights or less to play this game. There are 25 players. About 3-4 people will die dependent on the night. (unless the SK or Vig is found early on in the game) So by not lynching tonight, we would only have 7 chances to find the 5 scum players, and the 1 serial killer. That gives us only one night with room for error (assuming the vigilante doesn't find the mafia, or the serial killer). Instead of the original 2.

Basically we are starting to run out of time and we need to make a decision on what we are going to do. And really because this game is so small, we do not have as much room for error (or skipping voting) as we would in a game like Game 2. The decisions we make today (as in the game day not solar day). Will effect the rest of the game, and the towns chance for overall success.

@Bayside: Don't forget that the SK could possibly kill scum. In Guild Wars, I was the SK and I was working with the townies trying to beat the scum. So it might not always be 3 townies killed and no scum killed every night. I'm not suggesting we sit here and do nothing, but a no-lynch just this one day wouldn't completely ruin our chance.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Hmm... This is interesting so far... I see there are choices to be chosen... Jo made two, but are there others?... we're getting I closer... and closer... I believe...

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
@Bayside: Don't forget that the SK could possibly kill scum. In Guild Wars, I was the SK and I was working with the townies trying to beat the scum. So it might not always be 3 townies killed and no scum killed every night. I'm not suggesting we sit here and do nothing, but a no-lynch just this one day wouldn't completely ruin our chance.

Yes, I agree with HoT. He's right about the fact that the SK helps the townies most of the time

I believe I said that....

About 3-4 people will die dependent on the night.

oh look I did. ;)

Also I'd like to note... that the SK only wins the game when all the scum and all the towns are dead and s/he is the sole survivor. You have a 1:5 ratio of scum:town So in reality the SK is on neither side.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Okay I see my analogy is confusing. I apologize. If you don't understand this, then I give up. Let me start from the beginning of this back and forth.

1. You started by saying I was throwing myself "under the bus" to protect somebody/someones. I asked how does this work. All you have supplied to me is a bunch of "maybes". Maybe I'm protecting a veteran player, maybe I'm protecting a newbie player. You have yet to explain your thought process behind this. I don't get where your coming from here.

2. I wasn't trying to say YOU were using reverse psychology, but you were setting yourself up for it. So all you managed to do is come up with a theory that holds no water.

Now, to bring an end to this confusing debate, tell me why you think I'm protecting somebody. If you're going to make an accusation though, support with "clues" and "suspicions" you have picked up on.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
About the no lynch thing there could be a positive side to it.
There are 19 townies, 5 Mafia, and a SK so there is a 4:1 chance we will vote out a townie. If we vote no lynch that means we won't find a scum but we won't lose a townie neither. If we don't lose a townie on Day 1 then we have an extra townie for later on in the game.

I'm just trying to say no lynch could be good because then we won't lose a townie.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I was going to say that you were simply defending a older member becasue you felt that the game would be boring with several newbies about. So you wanted to get rid of the younger ones first then move on to the older ones. Sort of like a video game, it's gets harder the high up you go.
Or you were protecting a newer mafia member/ newer player so you could get rid of the harder competition first.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I was going to say that you were simply defending a older member becasue you felt that the game would be boring with several newbies about. So you wanted to get rid of the younger ones first then move on to the older ones. Sort of like a video game, it's gets harder the high up you go.
Or you were protecting a newer mafia member/ newer player so you could get rid of the harder competition first.

Seeing as how I don't know that many people here, I don't really don't know who all the newbies are besides what people have already said. Some people have acted like newbie already, but there is a difference being a noob and just being bad at something. See now, if you had said this much earlier we could have avoid a confusing/slightly pointless debate. ;)

About the no lynch thing there could be a positive side to it.
There are 19 townies, 5 Mafia, and a SK so there is a 4:1 chance we will vote out a townie. If we vote no lynch that means we won't find a scum but we won't lose a townie neither. If we don't lose a townie on Day 1 then we have an extra townie for later on in the game.

I'm just trying to say no lynch could be good because then we won't lose a townie.

But the mafia has the nightkill ability, meaning that if we choose "no Lynch" then one of us will die anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom